Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Metro Rugby

Senior Player
    vCash
    I am surprised (naive I maybe) at the suggestion that kids are leaving a club they have played for since being little lads to move to another club for what ever reason.

I would have thought that players would have shown loyalty to the club that looked after them cultivated their love of the game and more than likely their dad brother uncle and so on played for. I wonder what involvement first team players have with the younger members of the club. This could be something that could be addressed and create a proper culture for each club and ensure that the talent makes it way through to the first and second team

I am looking forward to getting better acquainted with the rugby seen here in Perth. My son plays under 9's and at his club they have about 30 boys playing so looks like 3 teams hopefully at their age group. I look forward with interest to see how those numbers compare to other clubs at the same age group and older age groups. The future of WA rugby is strong which is encouraging

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/spo...to-the-rescue/

Nigel Genia was at Soaks last year, came over for a crack at the Force was the apparent reason. Just another example of RWA and Nesters academy missing/messing up development of Perth rugby. We need a development coach who can spot talent and get them involved in higher level rugby. Having guys in the academy for year upon year to then just disappear is ludicrous. Give them a crack on an EPS contract or short term contract instead of being a fall back option for second rate players. The local talent is there, it's just not getting recognised.

Ps- Nester doesn't need to produce elite athletes, he needs to produce rugby players. Also having spoken to numerous local youngsters, Nester is not a popular bloke. The perception is he has his favourites and won't look outside of his "boys".
    Totally agree nester has his favorites and the rest get pushed aside have lost too many quality players due to him time for a new face

Champion
    vCash
    Re Gibbo, he's building a house almost walking distance to the Wanneroo clubrooms - no master stroke involved.

Dear RM. My info (and not it's not a half truth) is that Gibbo was up there already and was in the mix for last year's Premier Grade coach but Wests wanted him more - read into that what you want.
    The Roo Dogs brought in the guy from the East but this year Gibbo wants to coach the young guys and has always advocated local talent.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Re Gibbo, he's building a house almost walking distance to the Wanneroo clubrooms - no master stroke involved.

Dear RM. My info (and not it's not a half truth) is that Gibbo was up there already and was in the mix for last year's Premier Grade coach but Wests wanted him more - read into that what you want.
    The Roo Dogs brought in the guy from the East but this year Gibbo wants to coach the young guys and has always advocated local talent.
    I'm afraid wholetruth you have been misinformed however I will say Gibbo is a top bloke and coach and will be missed by Wests and that is all I'll say about the matter

Last edited by westies man; 05-03-13 at 19:57.

vCash
    Sorry to interupt but ...

Kala will have an U/18s team in this year. Numbers are healthier than i seen at training. U/18s coach has been appointed too apparently.
    Seniors numbers have been good so far with 60ish guys training for prems, 2s and 3s and U/20s. More will come out of the woodwork when games get closer.
    Junior numbers look quite healthy too with at least one team in all grades.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash
    Any junior tours on the cards this year NTT? Talking with Jeff K a couple of seasons back it sounded like things in the juniors were all systems go.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    60ish"?

Looxury.

At Paly if we had sixty lads at training we'd put tutus on the weaker ones and start a womens team!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Any junior tours on the cards this year NTT? Talking with Jeff K a couple of seasons back it sounded like things in the juniors were all systems go.
    We're hoping to take a couple teams (U/15s, U/16s, U/18s) to sydney or gold coast if organisation and fund raising skills permit. The new junior president and committee are also going to throw their support behind it.
    We already had our 7s team play an invitation tournament in Waikato. They were knocked out in the semis by the eventual winners. Just like Margaret River.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    We're hoping to take a couple teams (U/15s, U/16s, U/18s) to sydney or gold coast if organisation and fund raising skills permit. The new junior president and committee are also going to throw their support behind it.
    We already had our 7s team play an invitation tournament in Waikato. They were knocked out in the semis by the eventual winners. Just like Margaret River.
    How's life without Pete Simpkins down there? That man deserves a brake I tell ya ... !

Last edited by Pacman; 05-03-13 at 22:56.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    Pieter, I agree with you. Pacman and Shasta should be banned. Then again, so should you.

PS Are you still with the same club or have you jumped ship again?
    Can somebody please PM me and tell me how I make it so a user's posts aren't shown? I'm over this crap!

C'mon the

vCash
    Copy me in on this one as well please!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Senior Player
    vCash
    Me too.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Can somebody please PM me and tell me how I make it so a user's posts aren't shown? I'm over this crap!
    Its called the On / Off switch on the side of your computer!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    There is an ignore function whereby you can choose to ignore a user's posts. Not sure how you do it - maybe on your profile page?

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    its on the person you want to blocks page under user list

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast