Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: one of the worst performances ive seen.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Normal service has resumed.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    who is the genius that thought out this tactic?...catch the ball in your 22,create a maul,run a couple of metres,create another maul,pick and drive another couple of metres---keep doing this until you get outside the 22;THEN kick it

fark me
    The thing that irritates me is this unwillingness to play textbook Rugby. Get all the basics right, sure, lose some games but lay down a platform.

Farking joke.

Hasta la vista Pam

vCash
    Yep, same ol' same ol'.
    Maybe 90% of the players should donate their match payments to charity before someone sues them for fraud, by alleging to be Super 15 standard players.
    Individual skills from some of these players is poorer than schoolboy teams.
    A bloody embarrassment.

vCash

Where has it gone wrong?

Last nights 'performance' against a team that we should have dealt to easily highlights (again) some fairly serious issues.

Are the team up to Super Rugby standard? If not, why not?
    What will happen when they take on a good team?

Where has it all gone wrong?
    Can we still blame Graham? Is this the Mitch legacy?

Can we handle ANOTHER rebuilding season?

How do we fix it to prevent getting dacked so publicly?

ANSWERS PLEASE!

I'll just have a lay down now

Hasta la vista Pam

vCash
    Remember how long it took us to win our first game? Kings supporters will be delighted while we feel robbed! I can only hope that this performance will be aberration. I know it is grasping at straws, but we did look well drilled with the ball for the first 10 or 12 minutes (even though we couldn't get over the line). There is still a small glimmer of hope it may be a better season than last year's disaster

vCash
    The first half was good.

I'm not sure what caused the second half implosion. The Kings weren't that good. It was a pretty scrappy match.

The lineout needs sorting out quick. Wykes needs a red pen through his name on the team sheet.

A different goal kicker is required. 2 weeks of missing from in front isn't bad luck. It's a lack of ability. You can't leave points on the field.

The second half perfromance was very poor. I was expecting the Kings to fade because they looked to be walking after 10 minutes. Unfortunately, The Force seemed to be the ones that faded and the error count mounted. We forget the effects of long haul travel and adjusting your body clock. It is a factor. It is hard to perform at an elite level when your body thinks it should be asleep and your muscular injuries from game 1 developed swelling and more haemorrhage because you got on a long haul flight within hours of getting smashed up.

The Force looked pretty sharp in the first half. They were playing against the emotion of the occasion. When the adrenaline expired in theKings, I expected the Force to run away with the second half. What transpired was some of the worst rugby in the franchises history. That was disappointing.

The lads will be disappointed with that. They have a week to regroup. The Bulls at Loftus at altitude is going to be a big test of character.

Force in a boilover

Kangaroo Court is in session..........all rise

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    Remember how long it took us to win our first game? Kings supporters will be delighted while we feel robbed! I can only hope that this performance will be aberration. I know it is grasping at straws, but we did look well drilled with the ball for the first 10 or 12 minutes (even though we couldn't get over the line). There is still a small glimmer of hope it may be a better season than last year's disaster

Mate, I think we have to keep it real here. We got reamed by a team of Rugby misfits that couldn't get contracts with any other SA clubs, fringe guys at best.

This season, unless there is an act of god will be just like all of the others, a stop start affair with some glimmers of hope but zero success.

It worries me what a team like The Chiefs or The Reds will do to us.

Perhaps its time to ask some serious questions of the club, for one, what is the plan here guys?

Hasta la vista Pam

vCash
    Give yourself an uppercut Bronski

Kangaroo Court is in session..........all rise

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ethicist View Post
    The first half was good.

I'm not sure what caused the second half implosion. The Kings weren't that good. It was a pretty scrappy match.

The lineout needs sorting out quick. Wykes needs a red pen through his name on the team sheet.

A different goal kicker is required. 2 weeks of missing from in front isn't bad luck. It's a lack of ability. You can't leave points on the field.

The second half perfromance was very poor. I was expecting the Kings to fade because they looked to be walking after 10 minutes. Unfortunately, The Force seemed to be the ones that faded and the error count mounted. We forget the effects of long haul travel and adjusting your body clock. It is a factor. It is hard to perform at an elite level when your body thinks it should be asleep and your muscular injuries from game 1 developed swelling and more haemorrhage because you got on a long haul flight within hours of getting smashed up.

The Force looked pretty sharp in the first half. They were playing against the emotion of the occasion. When the adrenaline expired in theKings, I expected the Force to run away with the second half. What transpired was some of the worst rugby in the franchises history. That was disappointing.

The lads will be disappointed with that. They have a week to regroup. The Bulls at Loftus at altitude is going to be a big test of character.

Force in a boilover
    Yes, long haul travel is not good and does have an effect. I'm sure every other team in the comp deals with it though. Why not us.

Time to step up.

Hasta la vista Pam

vCash
    Its not all bad guys, we got the Bulls next week ;-)

vCash
    Their body clocks should have adjusted well enough by the time of the match! They've been there a week (bored as bstshit if their tweets are anything to go by) and flew business class which would have allowed them to sleep on flat beds!!

I do agree that getting on a really long haul flight just a few hours after the Rebels game was crazy though! They left their hotel in Melb at 5.30am after that game so could not have had much time at all to warm down and recover. So much for the David Joyce school of athletic performance.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronski Beat View Post

Perhaps its time to ask some serious questions of the club, for one, what is the plan here guys?
    I think it would be good to find new coaches, a new CEO de-list a load of players and hire some new young blokes with potential ..........but not expect to turn things around from game 1.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I think it would be good to find new coaches, a new CEO de-list a load of players and hire some new young blokes with potential ..........but not expect to turn things around from game 1.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Buy it was horrible to watch against a new to super team...
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ethicist View Post
    Give yourself an uppercut Bronski
    Deadset. after that performance I feel like stabbing myself in the eye with a pen and setting fire to my face, and jumping off my second story roof.

Hasta la vista Pam

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronski Beat View Post
    Deadset. after that performance I feel like stabbing myself in the eye with a pen and setting fire to my face, and jumping off my second story roof.
    Please do!

Where were you last week? Wasn't their performance bad enough to warrant a visit and rant?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast