Thread: Foxtel Comentary Team: Injuries are part and parcel of rugby

vCash

Foxtel Comentary Team: Injuries are part and parcel of rugby

Please o please can someone please tell the Fox Sport commentary team that injuries are part and parcel of rugby and do not need to be mentioned at every opportunity, and in particular who was not available to play for the team at the time, particularly when it involves the top three ( in their eyes) Australian franchises or Wallabies..

I am sick and tired of hearing about who is injured every time a team does something or does not do something.

They have been doing this constantly for at least the past ten years that I have been watching rugby on Fox.

1) Rugby is a physical contact sport and there will always be injuries,

2) Can someone please tell them when the stats are recorded for each match, a record is not kept of who was not available for the team at the time.

3) Every team is in the same boat and has injuries at some time, thats why they have squads of players.

4) Most importantly, welcome to the real world of FORCE rugby, where we have not even got the luxury of having the players of the calibre that they mention to even get injured, at least we just get on with it with what we have.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    ... and while they're at it, can someone also please tell them to watch the ref's signal, or listen to the ref's call, and THEN tell us what the penalty was for? Don't guess; the bloke is already telling the rest of us by voice and signal.

Rookie
    vCash
    I'm fed up with all of the above. But Greg Clark now has a new stat to bore us with. Apparently the Rebel lost players worth 789 super rugby games of experience at the end of last year. He said it a couple of times pre, during and post match. (I worked out quickly that the Force lost just over 500.) I wonder how long we have to hear that excuse.