Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cowan to captain Western Force against Rebels

Senior Player
    vCash
    This is frustrating and is the same as what happened last year, you think no one is injured then they name the team and players are missing eg MMM, Cummins

I also didn't think Stanley would be near the 22. Was looking forward to seeing CTM

Faulkner scored 5 tries in one 1st grade game last year I think, could be the secret weapon

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    Rugby HQ-different name,same crap by the same bunch of fucken idiots.If I was Sharpie or Canno I'd quit so I wasn't associated to those other dipsticks.If I didn't know better I would have thought the most important game of the weekend was the Tah's scratch match.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Most people don't rate Stanley. I think you will change your minds by week 3. None of our backs looked that good last year (Thanks Richard).

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Most people don't rate Stanley. I think you will change your minds by week 3. None of our backs looked that good last year (Thanks Richard).
    Not surprising when he wouldn't let the train for rugby before the season! I seem to remember us all saying they had no ball skills and now we know why.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taylor View Post
    Rugby HQ-different name,same crap by the same bunch of fucken idiots.If I was Sharpie or Canno I'd quit so I wasn't associated to those other dipsticks.If I didn't know better I would have thought the most important game of the weekend was the Tah's scratch match.
    Oh dear! Poor Sharpie! They have muzzled him and then seemed to be pushing him into saying nice things about QC. HQ must stand for "hear's Quade" he seemed to be the star attraction.
    Will be watching with my finger on the fast forward button again this year.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeJay View Post

Just watching the new rugby show on Fox previewing the season and the Aussie teams would be enough motivation for the whole team. Sharpie looked like he could not believe the childish banter.

Essentially no-one bar Sharpie and Canno give us a chance in hell.

That program last night was more one-eyed than a one-eyed thing!! They devoted about 2 minutes to the Force and at least 10 times that fawning all over each the other Aus franchises.

I hate seeing Sharpie as part of that w*nkathon!!

I did like the new Lions segment though, even allowing for Stuart Barnes!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    I was working lastnight and forgot to hit record....doesn't sound like I missed much

You can polish a turd but it's still a eastern states turd by the sounds of things.

vCash
    I see we've all said "what" about the team selection, my primary query was Sias on the bench, but, as also pointed out, maybe Foley is rewarding hard work, or possibly fielding a side he thinks will best combat the adjusted Rebels line up, playing a team to expose any of their weaknesses, or possibly noticing that their defence was non-existent (possibly by choice) in the preseason... we shall see!
    Ive got faith, I was taken aback to start with, but after a little quiet comtemplation, Ive come to a zen state of "its game one, its 'year one' of the Foley Reich, lets just see how it pans out"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nipper View Post
    I agree totally. I'm a bit mystified with the backline selections. I guess I'll just have to give the coach the benefit of the doubt, at this point.
    I gave braindead dick the benefit of the doubt for too many games. Foley will need to make his bold selections work for me not to get depressed early this season.

As for the good news, Sam Christie looked bloody lively against the Tongans, and it wasn't just when they were tired.

His long ball to Kyle, which was flicked on early in the second half was some of the best backline rugby i've seen and will certainly bamboozle Rory and Mitch. Doesn't matter who you've got playing fullback, if they pull a couple of those moves off we will be sitting pretty.

Stanley is my big question mark. I thought there were several better options, but it appears that Foley has not selected on reputation anywhere else in the squad (Faulkner v Longbottom, Christie v Ebersohn, Godwin v CTM or Hayward) so I'll wait and see how the game plays out.

Sure as eggs, if they suck and aren't held accountable to that in the second match you'll see grumpy GIGS back!

Nobody wants that!

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Agree about Rugby HQ - got extremely irritated with it. The Force seem to be the last team looked at very briefly although they are one of the first playing!! Felt sorry for Sharpie as well but I expect I will still tune in next week because I can't help myself.

vCash
    I'm confused - one source says MMM is playing and yet he's not on team list?? Is he playing or not, when did he get injured? Is Cummins injured as well already?! Bit disappointed with team named, seems to be a bit of 2nd rate selection. Hope this is not boding badly for for start to the season this year -- oooh noooo!!!!!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    I am not so positive about this team list mainly because i have never seen them play before and the two bother boys from the rebels can really carve up if given any space. hopefully i am happy after the game but not so sure now

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    The Force will continue to be the eastern states media's whipping boy until we rub their noses in it with our on field performance.
    At which point they will all jump on the bandwagon singing "we knew it all along".

Champion
    vCash
    Goodwin just hasn't the physicality for this level.Has nice soft hands and moves well off both feet but the my gut feeling is the rebels will send big ball carriers down his channel all day.Be interesting to see how he copes with that.Hope he proves me wrong.We'll see and remember who called it first

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast