Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Mundine fight circus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Mundine's rubbish is just to promote his fights

Step 1: Say something controversial in the media
    Step 2: Lots of people will buy fight on PPV hoping to see Mundine get knocked out
    Step 3: Profit
    Yep. And look how well it works...
    We all got out monies worth too! Was f**king awesome.

Ali did an interview with Parkinson years ago where he says that's the reason behind his bravado. He copied it off a wrestler who's name I can't remember... He actually went to the fight to see this wrestler get beaten
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Ali did an interview with Parkinson years ago where he says that's the reason behind his bravado. He copied it off a wrestler who's name I can't remember... He actually went to the fight to see this wrestler get beaten
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I'm guessing Gorgeous George.

vCash
    Why? It's who quade modelled his technique on. He didn't in any way say that quade is the next Ali or a young Ali.
    There would be numerous boxers that fight the same.

The argument could be made that mundine's bravado and arrogance is modelled on Ali. Just taken to a higher level.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    because there is NOTHING similar in Quades boxing "abilities" or "technique" to the best boxers of all time. The guy was a fall guy (literally), the fight went a minute, Quade displayed in that minute a LACK of technique not copying the best FFS.

Ali danced like a butterfly and stung like a bee, his hands down approach while dancing around his opponents was to taunt them into a mistake. Quade had his hands low because he know sweet FA about boxing. Its laughable to suggest Quade is similar to Ali and Jones, its purely an accident.

One round with a real boxer he would have been toast. Quade doesnt HAVE any technique he's not a boxer. This was farcical and an insult to real boxers.

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post

Ali danced like a butterfly and stung like a bee, his hands down approach while dancing around his opponents was to taunt them into a mistake.
    Spot-on. Ali adopted that only when he was backing away or "floating' around them. His stance was completely diffetent when he moved close to sting them.
    on a side note. The greay Tony Mundine has said in the past that SBW, if he dedicated completely to boxing, has the talent to be in that class. He never says much so maybe thete is something to see post the Olympic 7's
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    because there is NOTHING similar in Quades boxing "abilities" or "technique" to the best boxers of all time. The guy was a fall guy (literally), the fight went a minute, Quade displayed in that minute a LACK of technique not copying the best FFS.
    The initial statement was actually in the context of a someone questioning why Quade has his hand downs like that, and i merely pointed out that it was a style of fighting and gave two boxers names who also employed this style. I could have mentioned two crap fighters but nobody would have known who they were nor would there be many videos of them on the internet to reference.

vCash
    Yep. And look how well it works...
    We all got out monies worth too! Was f**king awesome.

Posted via Mobile Device
    the Mundine v Geale fight was a good fight between two very good and closely matched athletes...

People tend to hate on Mundine quite a lot, and like usual i will probably be ostracised for saying this but i respect the guy and his ability to bring Boxing into the headlines. Mundine has brought Australian boxing into the headlines unlike anyone since the Jeff Fenech era. Mundine v Green will go down as one of the most highly anticipated and watched fights in Australian boxing history, and the Mundine v Geale rivalry isn't that far behind in terms of headlines..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    People tend to hate on Mundine quite a lot, and like usual i will probably be ostracised for saying this but i respect the guy and his ability to bring Boxing into the headlines. Mundine has brought Australian boxing into the headlines unlike anyone since the Jeff Fenech era.
    The biggest problem with this is that the headlines he brings are nothing to do with boxing. His unintelligible rants re race and what a legend he is creates such a loud noise that the boxing becomes secondary to his mouth.

In all honesty the guy has failed time and again at the highest level and I for one am feed up with the "everybody hates me because I am ........ whatever"

I wish that he and Khoder would quietly slip away into the unknown (back to Mungo land) and leave those of us who still have a modicum of respect for this damaged sport in peace.

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

vCash
    The bloke was 44 years of age

He needed some substances.

Controversy corner

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3