Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Why is C7 not having the test broadcast LIVE and GWN gets better coverage!!!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Ahh, it's starting to make sense now (although I still don't agree).

5.30pm - 8.30pm WIN
    6.30pm - 9.30pm TEN
    Saturday 17 June 2006
    Round 12 Port Adelaide v West Coast.

They don't think that the Rugby on 7 and GWN will compete with the Eagles on 9 and WIN.
    Bet there are some cranky footy fans re the hour delay in Perth for an away game too!
    So your best bet? Go visit some mates in the bush and see both an hour earlier!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Or we could post it or ring you and tell you the score. Did that to the father in law once. Didn't go down to well.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    I think I may suffer withdrawal symptoms keeping away from TWF or anywhere else that may offer a score during the delayed bit of the telecast on Saturday ....

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    I wasn't exactly happy with the response I got from 7 so I pushed a little harder, look what happened..

Thank you for your reply.
    Where would I be able access those statistics? I would be very interested to know when the last Wallabies test was show against an Eagles or Dockers game here in WA? Back in the glory days of the early nineties?
    Would you not agree that even in the past 12 months that rugby has generated a huge following in this state which has been proven to be mostly new sporting members that were not previously AFL, NBL, NRL or NSL members.
    I think you would find that a head to head clash in 2006 is vastly different to years gone by. I guess if you only consider historical facts when making programming decisions nothing will ever change. That being the case the sooner you get AFL back and leave the rugby to a TRULY DEDICATED station the better for us all.

Dear Sir
    The currency that all Australian television stations use to measure the numbers of viewers of programs is an electronic peoplemeter system. This system is of international standard and has been scientifically proven to be the most accurate way of measuring a viewing audience. You can learn more about this system by visiting www.oztam.com.au.
    Unfortunately in this business you can't please everyone all the time. We do attempt to please as many people as we can, but we will never be able to cater for everyone at the same time. To appeal to the largest number of people as possible we use the abovementioned peoplemeter system to gauge what programs are the most popular to viewers.
    Regarding rugby's popularity in WA, certainly there is a large number of people who are interested in the game which is evidenced by the Western Force's membership which I believe is approximately 25 - 30,000 people. However, in relative numbers, that is under 2% of the WA population. We realise that there are non-members who also want to watch the game so we base our scheduling decisions on the statistics provided by the peoplemeter system as mentioned above.
    To provide you with the most recent historical statistics (not last year's or the 90's), I refer you to just a few days ago. Last Sunday Channel Nine telecast the West Coast Eagles versus Carlton game on a delayed basis and that game attracted an audience that peaked at 404,000 viewers in Perth alone. Conversely, our live telecast of the rugby came 4th in its timeslot with an average audience of just 128,000 viewers. It was beaten by Nine News, 60 Minutes, Backyard Blitz, Big Brother, ABC News and The Queen at 80 on the ABC and yet none of these programs came anywhere near eclipsing the audience of the West Coast game.
    Therefore, based on these statistics a rugby telecast would have absolutely no chance of getting an acceptable audience against a West Coast telecast. Because of this we have taken the decision to give the rugby the very best opportunity to get an audience by scheduling it straight after the West Coast telecast concludes.
    This is a very comprehensive, reasoned and statistically correct response I have provided to your questions below, however I have a feeling that none of it will make a difference to how you feel about our schedule of rugby telecasts. You are passionate about the subject and good on you for it. As I said before, we can't please everyone all the time, we try to please the most amount of people we can and telecasting the game at 9.30pm, straight after the West Coast Game, we believe, is the best possible option for our viewers.
    Thanks for taking the time to contact us.
    Ray Wardrop
    Program and Communications Manager
    Channel Seven Perth

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Touchy little pettle!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    That is a very nice way of saying Bugger off and leave me alone!!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Tell him, no you won't be able to please "all of the people" because all of the people will down the pub watching it on Fox!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    It's a funny situation innit? I'd imagine there would be a good percentage of rugby supporters who have Fox. So they are going head to head with C7 if both do the match live. Result: 7's peoplemeters tell them that the Test rated a poor fourth. So they run the match later for the second test. Result: probably even poorer ratings as all people with Fox have already seen the match, those without have either gone to the pub to watch or gone out somewhere else cause they've got a life and the match was on too late.

Champion
    vCash
    Fair play to Ray!!! Slagging him off via email can only damage the sport

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Thumbs down

Well...you guys in Perth are no orphans....

I've been up in darwin this week and tonight I ran through the checklist ready for the 7.35pm kickoff....

esky full of beer and ice at foot of sofa.......check
    tray of various nibbleys including nice sting your ring chilli salami....check
    throw weeks worth of washing in machine so that I dont return home to my lovey wife in domestic disgrace...check
    bottle or red nicely chilled to 17 degrees C for when the beer runs out sometime late in the second half...check
    monster cigar to smoke with red wine and anticipated aussie victory..check...

ok....turn to 7 Darwin.......

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHH

some netball game played by blokes on grass.........

and now its too late to go up to the pub cus all my clothes are in the washing machine........

NOT HAPPY JAN

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Oh, I can spot where you went wrong Gerry!
    You should have taken your dirties home

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    i just received the exact same reply you did Matt from Mr Wardrop at 7

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3