Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 10,000 Season ticket holders

Player
    vCash

10,000 Season ticket holders

Force surpasses 10,000 season tickets for 2013

The relaunch of the Emirates Western Force continues to gain momentum with the Western Australian province passing 10,000 season ticketholders ahead of the 2013 Super Rugby season.

To mark the milestone, Emirates Western Force players Nick Cummins and Hugh McMeniman surprised the 10,000th season ticketholder, eight-year-old Ryan Tedge, at the Gwelup holiday camp he and sister Charlotte were attending. Cummins and McMeniman presented Ryan with a cake and jerseys for he and his family, who have purchased a Family membership.

In 2012, the Emirates Western Force boasted 14,233 season ticketholders, however, with the side featuring a new coaching staff, new line-up and new stadium, the club is looking to eclipse that this year.

With work on the new nib Stadium approaching its final months, the Emirates Western Force’s new home ground will feature renovated eastern and southern stands, two massive new replay screens, and the return of the popular Members Bar.

The revamped facility is set to be unveiled for the Emirates Western Force’s first home match against the Cheetahs on Saturday, 23 March.

RugbyWA Chairman Russel Perry says the support reflects the enthusiasm for the new chapter in Emirates Western Force rugby.

“There’s a great deal to look forward to this season,” he said. “The Emirates Western Force has stated that this year is about earning respect – including that of their supporters – and they’ll be doing everything they can on and off the field to achieve that.

“The new and rejuvenated squad has responded extremely well to Michael Foley and the new coaching staff and if the results achieved through the pre-season are any gauge, we’re in for a very exciting 2013.

“We’ve long maintained that the Sea of Blue are the pre-eminent supporters in Super Rugby and we’re very proud to be able to offer our supporters a new and vastly improved home at nib Stadium.

“We’re very pleased to have the support of the Sea of Blue in 2013 and we’re looking forward to that number growing towards our first home match against the Cheetahs.”

Those wishing to join the Sea of Blue in 2013 can visit http://www.rugbywa.com.au/MembershipHospitality.aspx, email memberships@rugbywa.com.au or call 1300 853 401.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Great news :-)))

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    A good start but were are the other 4000+?

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    A lot of people would not have renewed based on the performance of the entity as a whole last year (On/off field). So we will have a new stand with not as many people in it, but results on field will start to get those people back.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oxleymoron View Post
    A lot of people would not have renewed based on the performance of the entity as a whole last year (On/off field). So we will have a new stand with not as many people in it, but results on field will start to get those people back.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    So it comes back to that "We are fans" and "They are good time fans".
    How many of the original members are still members I wonder?

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Agree with Ox. Membership isn't cheap, especially for families, and last season's nadir would have made a lot of people decide to spend their hard-earned on something else this year. The membership drive this year has been noticeably much more low key than last year - which is understandable given that last season was so woeful and the club is in the first throes of a major re-launch.

We on here are rusted-on "sure things", but there are many others out there who aren't, so if RugbyWA want membership to increase, they have to give fans the feeling of value for money, and they can really only do that by winning more - particularly at home. That's what's happened at the Reds - went from zeros to heroes and the crowds came back in droves. No reason why we can't do that too! Go the Force!!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    10,000 members for a team that thus far has delivered nothing on field is pretty good. That means those who have resigned or joined for the first time, either feel the winds of change or just want to watch rugby until they die. I can think of nothing better than seeing NIB full, but full of diehard Force supporters! Our day will come.
    Well done Ryan Tedge and family. Must have been a great day for the little tyke

vCash
    My son and I just got our members pack. First time we've been Force Members since we left Perth at the end of 2006.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddly View Post
    10,000 members for a team that thus far has delivered nothing on field is pretty good. That means those who have resigned or joined for the first time, either feel the winds of change or just want to watch rugby until they die. I can think of nothing better than seeing NIB full, but full of diehard Force supporters! Our day will come.
    My father inlaw will see most of the games in our absence. I felt the organization needs members to rally behind them more then ever over the next couple years. Some might think EWF organization doesnt deserve our loyalty but i would like to think west australians are better then some of the fairweather supporters on the east coast.
    GO FORCE!

vCash
    I just havent renewed yet but I'm a standing end member and usually don't do it until a couple weeks before the season

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    ...I'm a standing end member
    Yes, it is well known you get a bit excited at the Rugby....

Legend Contributor
    vCash

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Yes, it is well known you get a bit excited at the Rugby....
    Just ask Mrs Jargs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political BS View Post
    and the return of the popular Members Bar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    So it comes back to that "We are fans" and "They are good time fans".
    How many of the original members are still members I wonder?
    I would suggest the majority of the current members (with an allowance for people who weren't here in 2006) would be foundation, or long term, members. It's not like they've done much to attract fans in recent years.

I'll take a stadium full of fair weather fans, because it means the faithful die hards will be watching a team that's winning!

C'mon the

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast