Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Great win Aus 20 Poms 14

vCash
    Too much slo-mo decieves the neurons.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    There's no benefit of the doubt in this great game. Is it a try yes or no?

And the best angle for Tuilagi wasn't looked at by the TMO. Cummins try was two or three foot forward. The passer was three foot behind the 22 and HB caught the ball as he stepped onto the 22 line. But it's ok cause the fox boys said it wasn't forward.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    I think Ecky will be needed to explain the forward pass law WRF.Suffice to say just because the ball ended up forward from where it was released doesn't in itself constitute a forward pass

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    I think Ecky will be needed to explain the forward pass law WRF.Suffice to say just because the ball ended up forward from where it was released doesn't in itself constitute a forward pass
    I know the theory of relative velocity, I don't need Ecky to explain the forward pass law. I think I know the laws of the game thanks.

In ths instance The ball went forward from the passers hand as he threw it. But I do know how people get this law wrong.

Besides it ain't gonna change anything now.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Article on The Honey Badger from The Telegraph

In a bid to find out a little more about Australia’s match-winning hero at Twickenham, it felt necessary to ask Nick Cummins what were the essential facts all England needed to know.

“Well, mate,” he mused. “The honey badger travels 40 kilometres a day and is one of the most fearless and fiercest animals in the world. So that’s something for me to aspire to.”

In the course of a short but memorable post-match interview, for it is not every day that you converse with an international sportsman who volunteers how he wants to be a honey badger, it was clear that Australia have unearthed not just another dazzling back but also a rare old character.

Cummins comes over as a bit of a barmy beaut, on and off the field. His Twitter biography reads simply “Never corner a honey badger” and he seems to approach his rugby life in the same ferociously physical way as his beloved African carnivore, a creature supposedly so vicious, not to say barkingly daft, that it will rip open a bees’ nest while being quite prepared to be stung to death for its pains.

Devouring Animal Planet on TV one day, it transpired, Cummins learned awestruck how the honey badger once killed a lion in a one-on-one fight.

“He clawed the canastas off the big fella. The big one-two. To me, that is outstanding,” as he told Australian journalists before his Test debut against Argentina last month. The wild thing had found his role model.

Three years ago, Cummins feared his career might be over because of a foot injury. What inspired his recuperation? Have a guess. “That back to the wall attitude of that little honey badger who goes ‘hang on, hang on, we’re not going to back down here’.”

On Saturday, poor old Charlie Sharples played the part of pulverised lion as Cummins, with curly locks flowing, ploughed his 6ft 2in, 15st 2lb frame through and over his England counterpart.

Later in the first half, the Western Force winger galloped over for the crucial try, his first at Test level before he demonstrated real ferocity in defence after the break.

The striking sight and striking performance was topped only by his striking try description. “I just saw the line, pinned me ears back and ended bagging a bit of meat in the corner there, which was tops!” The bit of meat? Presumably meat pie, the Aussie rhyming slang for ‘try’.

He sounded as if he had stepped straight off the set of Crocodile Dundee.

“How bloody good, eh? Bloody eighty-one thousand three hundred and sixty one out there. Mate, I need a bloody eardrum replacement after that! Everyone singing and carrying on. Yeah, really enjoyed it.”

Not bad for a bloke who reckoned he had only won a place on the tour because the Wallabies had been injury-hit. Or as he puts it: “Luckily for me every bugger fell over and I got a gig, so I’m stoked.”

How the beleaguered coach Robbie Deans needed his men offering 22 honey badger impressions here.

Cummins made it sound as if the inspired collection of novices or understudies like him, outstanding flanker Michael Hooper and scrum-half Nick Phipps, described only last week by one critic as “maybe the worst No 9 in Australia’s rugby history”, were determined to claw the detractors away from their boss’s throat.

“Big Robbie? He’s been killing it. Dominating,” Cummins said. “The way he’s held the boys together and changed our mindset for this game is commendable. He’ll always say ‘aw, it wasn’t me, it was the boys’ but that’s just the bloke he is.”

Deans was not bothered about the release of pressure on himself. “I’m more pleased for my family — because they probably suffer more than I do,” said the New Zealander. Did he think he would be back here in 2015 to lead the Wallabies’ World Cup assault?

“I’m not a gambling man — that’s someone else’s decision but I’d love to be because I think we’ve got the makings of a very good group here.”

And would Cummins be here, still piling into bees’ nests in 2015? “If you wanna make God laugh, you tell him your plans,” said the honey badger. “Have you not heard that phrase? It’s a bloody winner ”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    There's no benefit of the doubt in this great game. Is it a try yes or no?

And the best angle for Tuilagi wasn't looked at by the TMO. Cummins try was two or three foot forward. The passer was three foot behind the 22 and HB caught the ball as he stepped onto the 22 line. But it's ok cause the fox boys said it wasn't forward.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    It was a try

check the paper if you aren't sure

Now in my moleskin trousers and my Williams boots
    Aboard an outlaw as he leaves the chutes
    In my goose neck spurs I rake their fiery hide
    And the girls all shouting around the ringside
    Oh he's the Fulla from Cunnamulla
    Yeah he's the Cunnamulla Fulla

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CunnamullaFulla View Post
    It was a try

Good point, I'm just jealous cause my team can't score any, forward passes or not.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CunnamullaFulla View Post
    It was a try

It was better than a mere try. It was a vertical meat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    The pack went well. A better effort.
    Gee, I bet they would be happy to hear that they went well.

RD: "You forwards you did rather well today"
    Pack: In unison. "Yes, rather well, thank you Mr Deans,"

I would hope Mr Deans would have given it a little more Ted Whitten (RIP).

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Batto View Post
    Article on The Honey Badger from The Telegraph

In a bid to find out a little more about Australia’s match-winning hero at Twickenham, it felt necessary to ask Nick Cummins what were the essential facts all England needed to know.

“Well, mate,” he mused. “The honey badger travels 40 kilometres a day and is one of the most fearless and fiercest animals in the world. So that’s something for me to aspire to.”

In the course of a short but memorable post-match interview, for it is not every day that you converse with an international sportsman who volunteers how he wants to be a honey badger, it was clear that Australia have unearthed not just another dazzling back but also a rare old character.

Cummins comes over as a bit of a barmy beaut, on and off the field. His Twitter biography reads simply “Never corner a honey badger” and he seems to approach his rugby life in the same ferociously physical way as his beloved African carnivore, a creature supposedly so vicious, not to say barkingly daft, that it will rip open a bees’ nest while being quite prepared to be stung to death for its pains.

Devouring Animal Planet on TV one day, it transpired, Cummins learned awestruck how the honey badger once killed a lion in a one-on-one fight.

“He clawed the canastas off the big fella. The big one-two. To me, that is outstanding,” as he told Australian journalists before his Test debut against Argentina last month. The wild thing had found his role model.

Three years ago, Cummins feared his career might be over because of a foot injury. What inspired his recuperation? Have a guess. “That back to the wall attitude of that little honey badger who goes ‘hang on, hang on, we’re not going to back down here’.”

On Saturday, poor old Charlie Sharples played the part of pulverised lion as Cummins, with curly locks flowing, ploughed his 6ft 2in, 15st 2lb frame through and over his England counterpart.

Later in the first half, the Western Force winger galloped over for the crucial try, his first at Test level before he demonstrated real ferocity in defence after the break.

The striking sight and striking performance was topped only by his striking try description. “I just saw the line, pinned me ears back and ended bagging a bit of meat in the corner there, which was tops!” The bit of meat? Presumably meat pie, the Aussie rhyming slang for ‘try’.

He sounded as if he had stepped straight off the set of Crocodile Dundee.

“How bloody good, eh? Bloody eighty-one thousand three hundred and sixty one out there. Mate, I need a bloody eardrum replacement after that! Everyone singing and carrying on. Yeah, really enjoyed it.”

Not bad for a bloke who reckoned he had only won a place on the tour because the Wallabies had been injury-hit. Or as he puts it: “Luckily for me every bugger fell over and I got a gig, so I’m stoked.”

How the beleaguered coach Robbie Deans needed his men offering 22 honey badger impressions here.

Cummins made it sound as if the inspired collection of novices or understudies like him, outstanding flanker Michael Hooper and scrum-half Nick Phipps, described only last week by one critic as “maybe the worst No 9 in Australia’s rugby history”, were determined to claw the detractors away from their boss’s throat.

“Big Robbie? He’s been killing it. Dominating,” Cummins said. “The way he’s held the boys together and changed our mindset for this game is commendable. He’ll always say ‘aw, it wasn’t me, it was the boys’ but that’s just the bloke he is.”

Deans was not bothered about the release of pressure on himself. “I’m more pleased for my family — because they probably suffer more than I do,” said the New Zealander. Did he think he would be back here in 2015 to lead the Wallabies’ World Cup assault?

“I’m not a gambling man — that’s someone else’s decision but I’d love to be because I think we’ve got the makings of a very good group here.”

And would Cummins be here, still piling into bees’ nests in 2015? “If you wanna make God laugh, you tell him your plans,” said the honey badger. “Have you not heard that phrase? It’s a bloody winner ”

Wow that takes me back a few years when I interviewed Nick and few others just after the ARC

http://twf.com.au/showthread.php?t=1...ight=Interview

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Awesome!

And 5 years on and you guys are STILL talking about getting cheerleaders!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    I was camping up at Moore river and saw the badger up there camping, had a wee chat. Seems like a pretty down to earth guy.

vCash
    Must be very down to earth. Not many I know can talk to strangers while having a wee.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5