Thread: Singapore Sevens 2012

vCash

Singapore Sevens 2012

I was in Singapore last weekend and wandered along to the annual Sevens tournament. What a great set up. WA was represented by Cott and Paly who ended up meeting in the Plate semis with Cott going on to beat a French Development team to take out the final.

Its not quite the HK sevens but the atmosphere was fantastic and with Guinness sponsoring the event, beers all day. I hope that more WA teams head up there next year as I will be adding this to my trip calender from now on.

Deveta (read Fiji) won the Cup comp, beating Scotland, and their supporters were in fine voice leading harmonies in the crowd every time they scored, which was nearly every bleeding minute.

If anyone is heading up that way next year, make the effort and support the local teams and have a great three days.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DinkyDi View Post
    I was in Singapore last weekend and wandered along to the annual Sevens tournament. What a great set up. WA was represented by Cott and Paly who ended up meeting in the Plate semis with Cott going on to beat a French Development team to take out the final.

Its not quite the HK sevens but the atmosphere was fantastic and with Guinness sponsoring the event, beers all day. I hope that more WA teams head up there next year as I will be adding this to my trip calender from now on.

Deveta (read Fiji) won the Cup comp, beating Scotland, and their supporters were in fine voice leading harmonies in the crowd every time they scored, which was nearly every bleeding minute.

If anyone is heading up that way next year, make the effort and support the local teams and have a great three days.
    Never saw you Couldn't agree more about the atmosphere. I've been taking the family to the 7s in Singapore for the last 5 years as my company are a team sponsor so I get to bring clients along and get drunk with them. Deveta were outstanding but the Scots played out of their skins, beating Northland from NZ in the semi. Almost got my voice back now. Cott played very well also. I actually enjoy this more than the Hong Kong 7s and the family all love it. Had a few cold ones with that big bad Saffer lock Mark Andrews who just happened to be standing by the beer tent. Some great stories about '95, the joys of rucking etc..

[Beer & crisps......the pre-season diet of choice

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    righto doobie,can your company find a way to sponsor a innforcers tour to next year's comp?

please

vCash
    Head office in Perth, we sponsored Ponsonby this year who won nothing, so could be an opening. Would love to as we also sponsor the Force so it would make sense. I'm open to ideas

[Beer & crisps......the pre-season diet of choice

vCash
    Doobie - pity we did not catch up but I had a hoot anyway. It would be a great crack if we could encourage more of the local side to get there. It is one of the few comps left where the WA local talent can actually have a crack against some of the international teams. I remember a few years ago watching the SA Vipers play, coached by Paul Tru?? the national sevens coach... most of them are now full internationals.

Hope to see you next year.

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous