Thread: (Former) Force Winger Wara in Fiji's squad for Europe Tour

vCash

(Former) Force Winger Wara in Fiji's squad for Europe Tour

WELLINGTON: Western Force winger Sam Wara is amongst 16 uncapped players named in the Fijian rugby squad for their European tour next month.

In naming the 30-man squad on Wednesday, coach Inoke Male also said a new captain is yet to be named after Netani Talei, who skippered the team in this season's Pacific Nations Cup, was ruled out with a knee injury.

Male said "we have a few players in mind and they are Leone Nakarawa, Setefano Somoca and Deacon Manu that have shown good leadership skills in the past."

The squad includes 16 Fiji-based players and 14 players based overseas from clubs in Australia, New Zealand, England, Wales, Scotland, France and Japan.

Advertisement Male said that while the squad was inexperienced he had confidence in their ability to cope with a demanding itinerary.

Fiji will play England on November 10 followed by games against Gloucester, Ireland A and Georgia.

"This will be a big challenge for me, especially the game against England," Male said.

"But I am very confident in the side that I am taking.

"These are a bunch of good boys that are fit and injury free."

Former Wallabies prop Cameron Blades will join the touring squad as a scrum coach.

"I start working with the boys on their scrums tomorrow," he said.

"What I have seen from their previous games is that plenty needs to be done and it's no secret that Fiji is not dominant in the scrum. That's what I am here for.

"They have a good foundation in the scrum but they need to be consistent which will be my key focus when I work with the boys."

Fiji squad: Setefano Somoca, Deacon Manu, Ratu Penijamini Makutu, Manasa Saulo, Seremaia Naureure, Viliame Veikoso, Tuapati Talemaitoga, Leone Nakarawa, Apisai Naikatini, Sokonaia Kalou, Apisalome Ratuniyarawa, Iliesa Ratuva, Malakai Volau, Malakai Ravulo, Jone Qovu, Jovili Domolailai, Nemani Nagusa, Nikola Matawalu, Nemia Kenatale, Metuisela Talebula, Jonetani Ralulu, Josh Matavesi, Kelemedi Bola, Vereniki Goneva, Josaia Lotawa, Ravai Fatiaki, Samu Wara, Watisoni Votu, Waisea Nayacalevu, Simeli Koniferedi

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/un...#ixzz2AGdJ5RSj

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    “Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Veteran
    vCash
    Good on ya Samu!

vCash
    Unfortunately this'll mean he's inelligible for Australia so would be a foreign player. He'll have to head to Europe after this. Good luck to you, though, Sammy!

vCash
    Good luck Sammy score a bagful of pies.

Champion
    vCash
    I thought we delisted him when Foley came on board ??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    I thought we delisted him when Foley came on board ??
    yeah the Journalist is no quite up to speed Hence why I out (former) in the title.

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.