13. Ben Tapuai (Queensland Reds)
    12. Pat McCabe (Brumbies)
    11. Adam Ashley-Cooper (NSW Waratahs)
    10. Kurtley Beale (Melbourne Rebels)
    9. Nick Phipps (Melbourne Rebels)
    8. Wycliff Palu (NSW Waratahs)
    7. Michael Hooper (Brumbies)
    6. Scott Higginbotham (Queensland Reds)
    5. Nathan Sharpe (Western Force, captain)
    4. Sitaleki Timani (NSW Waratahs)
    3. Ben Alexander (Brumbies)
    2. Tatafu Polota Nau (NSW Waratahs)
    1. Benn Robinson (NSW Waratahs)

Run on Reserves:
    16. Saia Fainga’a (Queensland Reds)
    17. James Slipper (Queensland Reds)
    18. Kane Douglas (NSW Waratahs)
    19. Dave Dennis (NSW Waratahs)
    20. Liam Gill (Queensland Reds)
    21. Brett Sheehan (Western Force)
    22. Drew Mitchell (NSW Waratahs)

Hopefully no cards for shets

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    he has broken in now there is no stopping him go Honey Badger

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    5/2 bench is a worry. Covers very well for ONE injury anywhere in the backs, but no ability for tactical change.

Gill AND Dennis is ludicrous

Mitchell should not even be on EOYT let alone in this test. Get him fit and ready for S15 and Lions FFS. This could easily be a career ending game.

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    5/2 bench is a worry. Covers very well for ONE injury anywhere in the backs, but no ability for tactical change.

Gill AND Dennis is ludicrous

Mitchell should not even be on EOYT let alone in this test. Get him fit and ready for S15 and Lions FFS. This could easily be a career ending game.
    Dopey bob only has one tactic. He isn't smart enough to change.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Agree re Mitchell. Totally ridiculous. And unfair on someone like Shipperley.

Totally and utterly STOKED to see the HB's name there though! And that I'll be there to see him play!

vCash
    I must say I was very excited to see Nic back in again, what a way to cap the season a cap against the mighty All Blacks, ecuse the pun.

Irrespective of the other selections, to see Sharpie, Cummings and Sheehan in make a tough season all that much worth while, I cannot think of too many harder graphters in the last year who deserve some success.

Well done guys and Sharpie leading too not much more we can ask for.,

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Saiia broke his hand Training today, Hanson to bench
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Are you going to wear the Force jersey Alison? In the beating heart of the Reds?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Saiia broke his hand Training today, Hanson to bench
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Should be Charles

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    Should be Charles
    Force quotient already exceeded. Special dispensation already because Sharpie is technically no longer at the Force

vCash
    Are you going to wear the Force jersey Alison? In the beating heart of the Reds?
    With the Force on the up, and the Reds perhaps on the verge of losing not only Cooper but Genia too - not to mention getting our rubbish, cast-off head 'coach' - the idea of sporting my signed Nathan Charles jersey sure does have me hee-heeing in a Dastardly and Mutley kinda way!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    Should be Charles
    Yes, Gaffa! Too damn right

vCash
    All Blacks by as many as they want

But I will be there at the game having a few beers so will probably enjoy it anyway

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Wallabies target breakdown battle against ABs

CHRIS BARCLAY

Injury-plagued Wallabies No 8 Wycliff Palu makes a bold and long-awaited return to test duty in Saturday's Bledisloe Cup finale in Brisbane as Robbie Deans bids to add more physicality to the breakdown battle with an in-form All Blacks loose trio.

The 41-test veteran missed the entire Rugby Championship after suffering a shoulder nerve injury when the Super Rugby season resumed after the June international window, meaning he has not played since July 7 against the Brumbies.

Palu, who replaces the rested Radike Samo, only trained with the Wallabies for the first time since the three-test whitewash of Wales on Sunday but the 30-year-old is clearly held in high esteem by head coach Robbie Deans.

Scott Higginbotham is also restored to the starting loose forward trio at blindside after he was among the reserves when the Wallabies completed their Rugby Championship road trip with a 25-19 win over Los Pumas in Rosario on October 6.

Higginbotham's reinstatement means Sitaleki Timani returns to his usual position in the second row at the expense of Kane Douglas while premier loosehead prop Benn Robinson has an opportunity to end a subdued season on a high after ousting James Slipper.

Digby Ioane's failure to overcome a bruised knee initially suffered against the Springboks in Pretoria on September 29 - and then aggravated after his match-sealing try in Argentina - has facilitated a change to the Wallabies injury-depleted back division with 72-test utility Adam Ashley-Cooper shaping as a more than adequate replacement.

Ashley-Cooper has been cleared to return after being concussed against South Africa, his experience will be vital as one of only three first choice backline options able to run on to Suncorp Stadium alongside five-eighths Kurtley Beale and Pat McCabe.

Beale's transition from fullback to pivot means former New Zealand under-20s and North Harbour representative Mike Harris faces his homeland for the first time.

He will also be in charge of the goal kicking in his sixth test after defying a hostile atmosphere in Rosario to nail seven out of eight attempts.

Another injury-cursed Waratah, experienced wing Drew Mitchell, is also poised to make his latest comeback from a serious ankle injury he aggravated when the All Blacks retained the Bledisloe with a 22-0 triumph at Eden Park on August 25.

The 59-cap finisher was expected to require more surgery but instead exceeded expectations by being included in the original 30-man squad last weekend.

Mitchell replaces Dom Shipperley, an unused substitute in Argentina who was subsequently ruled out with a sore wrist.

While injury has again impacted on selection, Deans said the loss of Ioane and a decision to rest Samo due to the 36-year-old's heavy recent workload had at least been offset by the return of Ashley-Cooper and Palu.

"They're both proven test performers so it is good to have them back," Deans said.

"Adam brings with him all-round skill but also a lot of voice in terms of on-field communication, which will be important with a lot of younger players around him."

Palu, who featured in all three tests wins over the Six Nations champions four months ago, was obviously lacking match fitness but according to Deans he was "champing at the bit" to combat All Blacks counterpart Kieran Read.

Deans has again employed a five-two split between forwards and back on the bench so there is plenty of loose forward depth with Dave Dennis and Liam Gill waiting in reserve.

Timani can also fill in at blindside if and when the trio needs rejigged due to Palu's questionable conditoning.

While acknowledging the significance of the task ahead, Deans said the All Blacks' attempt to equal the world record of 17 consecutive test wins would not be a focus for his side this week.

"It's not so much about what has gone before, but what is to come, and what we make of the opportunity that we have.

"The All Blacks are the benchmark and proved it again through the Rugby Championship. They are a step up from where we've been, but the guys have shown a lot of resilience over the last two months, and they're excited about the opportunity ahead of them."

Meanwhile, Deans had barely released his team before reserve hooker Saia Fainga'a withdrew after breaking a bone in his hand during a vigorous training session at Ballymore.

His Reds teammate James Hanson now provides back up for Tatafu Polota-Nau.

Wallabies: Mike Harris, Adam Ashley-Cooper, Ben Tapuai, Pat McCabe, Adam Ashley-Cooper, Kurtley Beale, Nick Phipps, Wycliff Palu, Michael Hooper, Scott Higginbotham, Nathan Sharpe (captain), Sitaleki Timani, Ben Alexander, Tatafu Polota-Nau, Benn Robinson. Reserves: James Hanson, James Slipper, Kane Douglas, Dave Dennis, Liam Gill, Brett Sheehan, Drew Mitchell.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/i...le-against-ABs

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    I'm taking my foundation one. If only to try and get sharpie to sign it so I can frame it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast