Thread: Twf turns 7 (and a bit)

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

Thumbs up Twf turns 7 (and a bit)

I missed the unofficial (20th September) and official (1st October) TWF anniversary dates, but better late then never.

It's been 7 years since twf was first launched. Back then we were called "thewesternforce.com" (we were "unofficial, unauthorised, and lovin' it"), Eddie Jones was still "coaching" the wallabies (after which he took his winning formula to the Reds), iPhones were 2 years away, and the Force had never lost a game.

In this time I have learnt more about rugby than in the preceding 35 years of my life, made some good mates who I would never have otherwise met, made other friends who I am yet to meet in person.

A big thanks to all that have helped or participated online and offline on TWF.

Here's to many more years.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Love ya work Coach.

vCash
    Thanks for all of your efforts Coach,it is really appreciated.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Ahh the good old days. I remember when we solved the worlds problems and we were good at it. And Funny too.

Congratulations Coach on a job well done, and to Burgs, and Gerry, and Happy and to the Mods that once were. Thanks for creating and developing my online home - I would be lost without it.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    I thought you stopped counting after 6. I mentioned the 7th anniversary in the beer thread because that was the first one I remember.

It certainly has been a very entertaining and informative 7 years. I know a little bit more about Rugby than I did 7 years ago and a lot more about life. One of my first post had to be deleted because I commented about how there was a Rugby match on at the bar I was in. Turns out it wasn't Rugby but an AFL game. Like a Dad Coach was looking out for me and deleted it so I didn't look like a total asshole. It didn't take long after that though when most figured out I was one anyhow.

There have been many fun times and discussions on a variety of topics besides Rugby. Beer, rum, sports, cheerleaders, strippers, making fun of Tahs supporters and Poms were some of my favorites. The Wednesday morning chats were always fun too. And following the Inforcer tours was always good for a some laughs.

There are still things that I can't figure out about you all after all these years. The two biggest being your love for Cider and Obama down there.

Thanks for all the hard work Coach and to everyone else involved. Your efforts are appreciated by many. Even though I have personally only met a couple people I consider many of you my friends. To the next 7 years and I'll be down to celebrate a championship in the next few years.

BTW: Don't forget to "Eat more beef you Bastards"!

vCash
    Love ya work Coach. I appreciate being informed when I am away from "home" ...awesome job! You ought to be congratulated...

vCash
    Thanks for all your efforts, Coach (and the various moderators too).

vCash
    The best rugby site I have ever read or been involved with - hats off to all involved. Just a pity it took me so long to find the damn place....

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    A big THANKS must go out to all the members of TWF as well. Yes Coach provided the foundation for what we are today and does work hard in keeping it ticking over as faithfully as he does. However without the members, and parsley , this place wouldn't be what it has evolved to be.

When TWF was turned on on the first time, no-one knew what we would become 7+ years down the track, the InnFORCEers didn't exist, the players had no idea how passionate we would be, the rest of the world's pubs, rugby grounds, accommodation and opposition had no idea who was about to start invading their space and Brumbie Jack hadn't met Slomo

To all the members, who make up the real TWF - well done!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

(a.k.a. Mr Pinkbits) Stone Cold's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks to TWF for all the good times. Without it:

I would probably still be single;
    I wouldn't know where JB O'Reillys is;
    I wouldn't have met so many friends (and been away on some awesome trips);
    I wouldn't have been drunk so much (dubious); and
    My knowledge of rugby would have been substantially reduced.

To all those that have made TWF what it is, I salute you!

coz Stone Cold says so

vCash
    Thanks to everyone involved here. Special thanks to coach. A great place to spend a little of my time -and a lot of the boss's.

One stop shop for everything Rugby and some great company. Enjoyed jousting with a couple of our trolls too.

The best thing for us Shastas so far has been the chance to do a few innForcers tours. Here's to many more.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    happy bday TWF!.. and thanks once again to coach for all his work, highlights?.. the innforcers tours with wins in canberra and melbourne, meeting like minded rugby types, that drink shit loads!........

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Nice work Boss

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.