Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ebersohn signs two-year deal with Force

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Ebersohn signs two-year deal with Force

Nick Taylor,

The West Australian

October 3, 2012, 6:37 am

New Western Force playmaker Sias Ebersohn will carry huge expectations next season with the struggling club needing him to guide it to overdue Super Rugby success.

Force have snared the Cheetahs fly-half on a two-year deal as one of their overseas developing players.

Now they are hoping he will be here for the long haul and doesn't join the long list of players who have worn the troublesome No.10 jumper - 17 in seven years - and ended up on the injury list or left the club.

Ebersohn, 23, has been on the Force radar since 2010 when they had talks in Bloemfontein during their South African tour but he was still hopeful of breaking into the Cheetahs starting Super side.

He managed that last year but this season Cheetahs coaching staff overlooked him for Johan Goosen, a decision that played a big part in the move.

"I was hopeful and confident that I would have been the starting fly- half for a number of seasons," Ebersohn said.

"When Johan Goosen burst on to the scene my reality changed. Johan is a player who can kick a rugby ball like few others and he can slot penalties from 65 metres plus.

"The Cheetahs want him on the field for 80 minutes, I understand that. I am a confidence player who likes to spend time on the pitch."

Ebersohn, who will arrive in Perth at the end of the South African Currie Cup season, talked to Sarel Pretorius, the Waratahs scrum-half, about new Force coach Michael Foley.

"Sarel said I would enjoy playing under him," Ebersohn said.

"He said he is a very technical coach, very structured and everything must be exactly as he wants and plans.

"I'm sure he will add another dimension to my rugby. I think we'll have a good time.

"I see myself as someone who plays strongly from a plan and fits well into structured games.

"From my perspective it makes sense to join a team which I believe play my brand of rugby and where I am confident I will make a constructive and positive impact.

"I base my game on attack. I think I am good at organising a back line on attack and strive to provide space and time to my outside backs."

Ebersohn played for the "Baby Boks" in 2008 and 2009, captaining South Africa in his second year, but the move to the Force means he will no longer qualify for the Springboks.

It was not something that crossed his mind when he made the decision.

"I see my move to the Force not as the end of an era but the start of a new era," he said.
    "I am a professional sportsman and gave it my all at the Cheetahs."

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    i saw this in the west today and was thinking why? this is very old news. when is the coaching and "new'' player signings being announced?

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    i was thinking the same thing Gaffa.
    Surely they will want to get the news out this afternoon, so they have time to get Foley (and possibly any newly signed players) onto the Rugby Club tomorrow night?

at least that is what i would be thinking...

Champion
    vCash
    Hey it may be old news about the signing but at least its an interview with a new player and we are getting something in The West. Maybe the decision was made not to use it earlier when all the GayFL was in the paper. And that aint such a bad thing. Agree that they need to officially announce the coaching team and new signings. The Rugby Club - who cares. Whatever we do those idiots (Canno aside) will bitch and whinge and citicise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Hey it may be old news about the signing but at least its an interview with a new player and we are getting something in The West. Maybe the decision was made not to use it earlier when all the GayFL was in the paper. And that aint such a bad thing. Agree that they need to officially announce the coaching team and new signings. The Rugby Club - who cares. Whatever we do those idiots (Canno aside) will bitch and whinge and citicise.
    I have given up on the Rugby Club. Mob of hopeless losers (I agree, Cano aside)

vCash
    Rugby Club has realy lost all credablility now that Greg is agreeing with poor little woosie Cooper.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    A bunch of Plonkers.... Gee! I hope we stick it up em' next season (2013) !!!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    What I dont understand is that Greg Martin is allegedly a former Wallaby. Don't Former Wallabies have pride in all things Wallaby - and have a vested interest in what Current Wallabies say and how they say it.

Maybe its just me - But If I was a former Wallaby sitting along side Quade Cooper - I would have punched him in the mouth as soon as I heard the words yellow Jersey. Closely followed by Billy Birminghams classic quote (Thanks Jargs) "That's Australian Gold my friend and don't you f$##ing forget it!"

Closely followed by "Listen up Junior, you better learn some respect...........

He had 2 other former Wallabies sitting around him - how is the mouthy little so and so still walking?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    He had 2 other former Wallabies sitting around him - how is the mouthy little so and so still walking?
    They're all paid out of the same pot of gold. It's amazing how cheaply some former wallabies will sell their integrity.

C'mon the

vCash
    My friend questioned QC on Twitter about why he said "yellow" and not gold. He seemed to miss the point and just replied something about yellow being the colour of the jersey?? He didn't seem to realise the gravity of the faux pas.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    he would think a"faux pas'' was a poor pass

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    They're all paid out of the same pot of gold. It's amazing how cheaply some former wallabies will sell their integrity.
    They need Blocker Roach on there

Left mungo footy show because he refused to dress up in womens clothes like a pooof

Controversy corner

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    They need Blocker Roach on there

Left mungo footy show because he refused to dress up in womens clothes like a pooof
    you mean like a woman?

vCash
    RugbyWA was waiting for the gayFL saturation to subside so it could get some space in the paper. The plan is to run in-depth interviews with players, coaches and staff to offer some transparency and a chance for some of the disgruntled fans unsure about supporting the Force next year a chance to hear directly what the plan for the relaunch is.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    there is not let up in the Gayfl media front,now all the sport pages are filled with next season's transfers & draft

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast