Thread: Quins and Fairbrother part ways

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Quins and Fairbrother part ways

Harlequins have confirmed that they have terminated the contract of Tim Fairbrother by mutual consent so that he can return home to New Zealand.

The 30-year-old front-rower joined the London club in 2011 from the Western Force after a distinguished career that included representing the All Blacks at all age group levels as well as playing for the Hurricanes in Super Rugby.

An unlucky series of injuries meant that the tighthead prop's appearances for the Aviva Premiership champions were restricted to 13 last season.

Fairbrother confirmed that the time was right for him to leave Quins.

"I've enjoyed my season at Harlequins and am disappointed that I was unable to make a bigger contribution to last year's success," he said.

"I plan to take some time out of the game to consider my options. I would like to thank all at Harlequins for facilitating my early return home."

Harlequins director of rugby Conor O'Shea said although Fairbrother was not a regular first team player he was a valuable member at the club.

"While Tim's first team appearances may have been limited after an excellent start to last season, he has made a major contribution to the club and to our ultimate success in winning the Aviva Premiership," he explained.

"His work behind the scenes with our young front row forwards has been invaluable and I have no doubt he will continue to have a successful career ahead of him.

"We are very grateful to him and wish him and his family all the very best for the future."

http://www.planet-rugby.co.za/story/...053533,00.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    that's coach speak for
    " so long mate, you weren't up to it"

Get him back here, he was very good player at the Force and Neddies

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!