Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Finals locations

Player
    vCash
    Dear Hansie,
    Thank you for your comments. My understanding is limited, but I am reliably informed that Brown and Sheehan were both asked to play club in Sydney aby the Wallabies management. They were asked to be there as players to be brought in for Wallaby squad training and emergancy back up and therefore were required to be close to the Wallabies training camp. Something like.... eg Phipps can't train Sheehan helps out, Dennis can't train Brown is required at training. They were both asked by the Wallabies to return to Perth for the same reason in advance of the Springboks game here and then of course with Genia getting injured Shehan got the call. In Brown's case the Wallabies obviously don't need him in Sydney anymore and presumably he can stay in Perth.
    As to who has dipped out can't answer that but I know from talking to Cott people that Cott were disappointed that a couple of their dispensation requests were knocked back for players brought in who had failed to reach the required number of games. They had brough in one or two guys as injury cover late in the season and they were knocked out by RWA, perhaps Brownie is playing instead of one of them.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    deleted by Zed

Last edited by zed; 17-09-12 at 13:45.

Player
    vCash
    With respect Zed that is garbage....
    While I am not sure of the details or names of clubs or players, but for example there was talk yesterday at the Foreshore and Rockingham about dispensations had been given to a couple of players who missed the number of qualifying games because eitherthey were also PSA players who were selected in Sate schools or Under 16s and/or the teams they were due to play in the qualifying rounds had forfeited. Should any player miss out on finals cause an opponent forfeits and they can't play the required number of games??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political BS View Post
    With respect Zed that is garbage....
    While I am not sure of the details or names of clubs or players, but for example there was talk yesterday at the Foreshore and Rockingham about dispensations had been given to a couple of players who missed the number of qualifying games because eitherthey were also PSA players who were selected in Sate schools or Under 16s and/or the teams they were due to play in the qualifying rounds had forfeited. Should any player miss out on finals cause an opponent forfeits and they can't play the required number of games??
    Oh ok I think the above examples are worthy of a dispensation, post deleted!

Player
    vCash
    Thanks Zed,
    I apologise I was a bit quick on the trigger and should not have been so blunt. Your posts are always well thought out and well intentioned. I was just a bit under the pump and shopuld have responded in a more thoughtful way rather than just rushing to fire something off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political BS View Post
    Thanks Zed,
    I apologise I was a bit quick on the trigger and should not have been so blunt. Your posts are always well thought out and well intentioned. I was just a bit under the pump and shopuld have responded in a more thoughtful way rather than just rushing to fire something off.
    No dramas!

vCash
    It all boils down to the facts that:
    1. Cott has not broken any rules re player eligibility
    2. RB has been associated with Cott for years in both an on field and off field capacity
    3. We should all be pushing for more EWF players to play in the local comp to raise the standard and inspire the local talent.

No one is complaining that Tetera Faulkner is sitting 8th on the try scoring list for Premier grade or that Kyle Godwin is playing for Soaks... the whole Brown fiasco of years ago should be laid to rest and should RWA choose to change the eligibility rules for next season then so be it and lets hope everyone abides by them when they are enforced.

Until then it just keeps sounding like sour grapes... squelchy under foot.

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DinkyDi View Post
    It all boils down to the facts that:
    1. Cott has not broken any rules re player eligibility
    2. RB has been associated with Cott for years in both an on field and off field capacity
    3. We should all be pushing for more EWF players to play in the local comp to raise the standard and inspire the local talent.

No one is complaining that Tetera Faulkner is sitting 8th on the try scoring list for Premier grade or that Kyle Godwin is playing for Soaks... the whole Brown fiasco of years ago should be laid to rest and should RWA choose to change the eligibility rules for next season then so be it and lets hope everyone abides by them when they are enforced.

Until then it just keeps sounding like sour grapes... squelchy under foot.
    Yeah to be honest I had no idea RB had so much input into Cott so I'll (try) keep my mouth shut on the issue.

Senior Player
    vCash
    I think you have taken the bait Zed.

A few salient points:

"It all boils down to the facts that:
    1. Cott has not broken any rules re player eligibility. Cott have exploited every single loophole they can re Force eligibility for finals in recent years - the spirit of the competition rules has been shredded by them.
    2. RB has been associated with Cott for years in both an on field and off field capacity Don't believe the PR spin put out hoping to defray the negative publicity. Next we'll see a photoshopped picture of him kissing a baby to prove he's an all round nice guy.
    3. We should all be pushing for more EWF players to play in the local comp to raise the standard and inspire the local talent. Agreed, but not parachuted in for the finals; that is the point.

No one is complaining that Tetera Faulkner is sitting 8th on the try scoring list for Premier grade or that Kyle Godwin is playing for Soaks... (Faulkner played quite a bit for Wanneroo, no issue. Godwin played juniors with Soaks, no issue.) the whole Brown fiasco of years ago should be laid to rest and should RWA choose to change the eligibility rules for next season then so be it and lets hope everyone abides by them when they are enforced." Thats what Cott wants; let the dust settle and forgive us for all of our sins" sorry, doesn't work that way. Ask the Uni coach if he forgives Cott ]or will ever forgive them. How can the Cott coach look the rest of the premier coaches in the eye?For the record, there are no clubs less salubrious than Cott.

Champion
    vCash
    This subject has been around for years and what irks the community club is that, with the exception of Richard Brown, Scotty Staniforth, Barto and a FEW others, EWF players have not endeared themselves to many clubs. It's a "hand out" issue over "hand-up".

We get told RugbyWA has no power to keep their boys in our comp. then Jake White manages to keep his Brumbies at Canberra - so we hear and see all these mixed messages.

If Brownie and Sheehan were told to play in Sydney by Dingo, we need to support that, RugbyWA need to get a "stop press" release out advising the community of that. It will put a stop to rumours bagging these guys, but similarly RugbyWA need to find out how Jake White did it and how we can replicate that here. EWF players in our comp is good if they dedicate themselves to the comp, we don't need mercenaries.

vCash
    Having watched a fair bit of premier grade this year i'm with Political BS on this issue. The clubs who have Force players are not exactly dominating games as one player doesn't win a game by himself.
    Kala v Paly earlier this year for example, Kala were really struggling at the time. Paly fielded Taione, Manu and Nalaga with Rapana running water. Result? Paly struggled to win 19-0.
    Kala v Soaks. Soaks fielde Cottrel, Godwin and the USA international 13. Result? Soaks had to fight hard for the win.
    Kala v Wanneroo. Wanneroo fielded Tupou and Falkener. Result? Wanneroos lesser lights played a blinder with their lock scoring a hattrick in a 68-19 win. Tupou and Falkener were solid but not match winners.
    If those are RWAs qualifying rules than they are the same for every club. Every club could have done the same but didn't.

BTW Brownie was down supporting the Cottesloe U/13s at Wanneroo and has been a good servant of Cottesloe when available. And a good servant of WA rugby.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash
    Also if we were to look at both teams recent form Cottesloe were coming off a 80 something to 12 win over Rocky which wound have been a huge confidence booster while UWA went down to Kalamunda in the last round which isn't the form of a team heading for a huge finals campaign.
    I think yesterday's result reflects both clubs recent form superbly.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

Champion
    vCash
    This thread doesn't affect Wests or Kala or Rocky or Baysie and if a professional rugby player can't dominate in Perth club rugby who the fuck signed him up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    This thread doesn't affect Wests or Kala or Rocky or Baysie and if a professional rugby player can't dominate in Perth club rugby who the fuck signed him up
    It's more a sign of how the standard of WA premier grade has improved than the individual performance of any player.
    Individually yes they standout but you can't expect 1 player to beat 15 on his own. Plus how much preparation time do they actually have with the clubs? 2 or 4 training sessions?
    WA premier grade deserves a bit more credit. It's improved big time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    It's more a sign of how the standard of WA premier grade has improved than the individual performance of any player.
    Individually yes they standout but you can't expect 1 player to beat 15 on his own. Plus how much preparation time do they actually have with the clubs? 2 or 4 training sessions?
    WA premier grade deserves a bit more credit. It's improved big time.
    Yup. 10 years ago a Force player would have carved up in the Perth comp, but the standard of premier grade has improved significantly since the inception of the Force.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast