Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Finals locations

Senior Player
    vCash
    36-17. Cott dragged a number of their players (inc that giant blonde 2nd rower) just after halftime which stuffed their scrum up and gave some lesser bench warmers a run. Why wouldn't you, when the game was already won and another big game next week.

Uni scored some consolation tries out wide.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    What a bloody debacle.

Cott versus the rest it would seem.

Go Neddies.

vCash
    RM - you persist in slagging off Cott without backing anything up. As i haev mentioned before teh whole Richard Brown affair a few year ago was poor. In this last game against Uni, who were the ringers? Ben Whiticker has played 8 games this year at least.. probably more... the rest?? Pleas let me know who Cott have bought for the finals... I was not there at teh game and I would love to know facts... not ancient history.

PS I am not referring to Brown BTW as this has been dealt with at length in the new article link posted by Traveling Gerry. Again, I was not at the game but did he have an impact? I heard that his impact was to give away a bunch of penalties.

Awaiting your factual comments including the ones re the coach being a knob.... which frankly I agree with

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

vCash
    WARU need to sort their shit out, these 'loopholes', dispensations, backdoor dojobbies etc just result in disharmony amongst other clubs and WARU looking like a bunch of incompetent amateurs.

vCash
    agree totally with loopholes and the fact that this needs to be fixed and tightened up but haev Cott (baring being Cott) done anything wrong under the current rules?

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DinkyDi View Post
    RM - you persist in slagging off Cott without backing anything up. As i haev mentioned before the whole Richard Brown affair a few year ago was poor. In this last game against Uni, who were the ringers? Ben Whiticker has played 8 games this year at least.. probably more... the rest?? Pleas let me know who Cott have bought for the finals... I was not there at the game and I would love to know facts... not ancient history.

PS I am not referring to Brown BTW as this has been dealt with at length in the new article link posted by Traveling Gerry. Again, I was not at the game but did he have an impact? I heard that his impact was to give away a bunch of penalties.

Awaiting your factual comments including the ones re the coach being a knob.... which frankly I agree with
    I'm sure RM is exaggerating, but I don't get why Cott insist on 'bending the rules'. They're a good club, they have plenty of depth they don't need to field players whose eligibility is contentious. Perhaps players and committee members don't care what other clubs and players think of them, but really if it was my club I would prefer to lose a grand final than win with a team that has players who are not eligible. Cottesloe players should be voicing their concerns to the committee regarding this issue. It's not good for local rugby and it's not good for your club.

vCash
    BTW - not my club but know people there and most are top rugby blokes that just love to play. My club is of a less salubrious nature sitting in the tier below Cott et al.

Player
    vCash
    The RugbyWA Comp Rules are on the RWA website for anyone to look at. Nick Taylor reports Brown played 3 games for Cott and 2 for Warringah and therefore he is eligible to play finals for Cott. Copy of the relevant section of the rules below.....

In the case of a contracted professional player with the ARU and RugbyWA,
    has competed for that Club in at least three (3) competition matches in
    separate rounds in that season and has not played more club games
    with another club outside WA during the season whilst fulfilling his
    obligations as a contracted professional player

I may be niave but I thought we wanted Wallabies and Force players to be playing club rugby in WA not this BS of people blasting them whenever they play. People criticise Force players for going over east to play for clubs and now they criticise them for playing in the local comp. Make up your mind.

Personally I don't think they make a lot of difference in club games. I watched Paly in one game and at half time they led 13 - 0 brought on Nalanga for the second half and the score finished 13 - 10. Watched Mafi playing for Perth last year when he threw a huge pass which was intercepted and game over for Perth who had been right in it to that point.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    dont think cott are bending the eligibility rules.the rules are quite clear.
    Maybe the rules need to be altered

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    I'm sure RM is exaggerating, but I don't get why Cott insist on 'bending the rules'. They're a good club, they have plenty of depth they don't need to field players whose eligibility is contentious. Perhaps players and committee members don't care what other clubs and players think of them, but really if it was my club I would prefer to lose a grand final than win with a team that has players who are not eligible. Cottesloe players should be voicing their concerns to the committee regarding this issue. It's not good for local rugby and it's not good for your club.
    Exactly, if this was my own club I would be pissed off and I don't reckon the victory would taste nearly as sweet compared to if you had the same core group of guys all year and won.

It is no coincidence that he played exactly 3 games for Cott, which qualified him for finals, if the qualifying mark was 2 he would have played 2, etc.

Warringah finished 7th in the Shute Shield, do we think if they made the finals that Brown would have chosen Cott over them??? No, he wouldn't it makes Rugby WA look like a joke. Not a bad life just picking what team you want to play for depending upon who makes finals

Champion
    vCash
    Didn't Brownie play at least one game of finals in Sydney?

Player
    vCash
    Dear Buddha,
    Your comment about Brown choosing Cott over Warringah is interesting.
    Brownie has palyed off and on for Cott since his arrival in Perth to play for the Force. He goes down to Cott for Junior training etc... and is very much part of the Cott club scene from what my Cott mates tell me.
    A couple of years ago when he was sent back to Club rugby by the Wallabies he chose to travel to Perth and to play for Cott.... The consequnce of that decision was unrelenting criticsm ever since..... So who would blame him if he did'nt want to play in club rugby Perth ever again.
    He has been able to play in Perth this year and I think it is fantastic that he has done enough to be eligible and chooses to play Club rugby especially after his recent injury situation.
    I support all Force players all the time and if they are playing club rugby in Perth even better.

Champion
    vCash
    Polllie B.S. happy to hear your point of view, agree with your sentiments...but why did he head to play in Sydney this season at all? Cott is certainly supporting him, but he's having his feet in two camps isn't he? Who at Cott has played the other 14 games to get them into the finals and is now bench warming because Brownie's back after a failed campaign in Sydney?

vCash
    Whittaker and Harvey played in the Nthern Subs team that knocked Eastwood out of the finals of the Shute Shield. Harvey scored all their 22 points. Don't recall the Woodies bitching like school girls about it. The more pro players in the local comp the better.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast