Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: USADA says it will ban Lance Armstrong, strip 7 Tour titles

vCash
    Anyone watching 4 Corners? This arsehole is far worse than just a cheating bastard
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    yeah on it now..

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Pathological liar sociopath come to mind. It' getting hard to watch.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    After watching Four Corners and all the rest, everyone should read this thread through from start to finish. Very informative.

BTW there is a veritable merde fight brewing in Spain with Operacion Peurto and Dr Feuntes...just as filthy soccer and tennis are being dragged into the cold hard light of day like Dracula coming out of his coffin. And today we have Interpol busting a world wide match fixing ring in soccer, even to WC games.

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    WASHINGTON, Feb 22, 2013 (AFP) – The US government decided Friday to join a doping lawsuit filed by one of Lance Armstrong’s former teammates alleging that the disgraced cycling champion defrauded government sponsors.
    NBC News and the Wall Street Journal reported the government will add its weight to the suit and claim that Armstrong defrauded tax-payers by using performance-enhancing drugs while on the state-funded US Postal Service team.
    NBC News said the Justice Department filed papers in a federal court on Friday to join the lawsuit filed by Floyd Landis, himself an admitted dope cheat who lost the 2006 Tour de France crown because of doping.
    The Justice Department did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
    The Journal said the lawsuit was based on the False Claims Act, which allows citizens to sue for alleged fraud against the government and receive as much as a third of any money recovered.
    The law would allow the plaintiffs to recover as much as triple the amount of the 1999 to 2004 sponsorship, which was worth an estimated $30 million, according to the Journal.
    Armstrong, 41, admitted to Oprah Winfrey last month that he used performance-enhancing drugs during his record seven Tour de France championships from 1999-2005.
    All seven titles were stripped from him last year after a devastating report by the US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA), which accused the cyclist of taking part in one of the biggest cheating operations in sports history.
    Armstrong said Wednesday that he would not cooperate with a USADA probe into dope cheats in cycling but would be willing to help other anti-doping inquiries.
    Armstrong’s move diminished his chances of having his life ban from World Anti-Doping Agency sanctioned sports, even as it forces USADA to move ahead without his help in looking into others involved in doping.
    USADA head Travis T. Tygart had asked that Armstrong testify under oath on what he knew about such subjects as cycling team manager Johan Bruyneel’s role in the conspiracy, details of how the scheme unfolded or if International Cycling Union (UCI) officials knew about it.
    In addition to Landis’s lawsuit, a Texas insurance firm lodged a suir against Armstrong on February 7 seeking $12 million for bonus money paid to the cyclist for the Tour de France triumphs that are now null and void.
    In his television confessional to Oprah Winfrey last month, Armstrong contradicted several parts of USADA’s investigation, saying he had stopped doping after 2005 and was not a ringleader in the doping program.
    Tygart, in a later television interview, said Armstrong had lied to Winfrey because USADA evidence showed he was doping when he rode in the Tour de France two final times in 2009 and 2010.

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukOJ_1b-8lQ&feature=player_embedded"]The Armstrong Lie Official HD Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    Just out of interest Happy is there a reason or connection to Lance Armstrong's story or drug cheating in general that keeps you interested in this?

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    I know it interests me as it is probably the biggest cheat story about a very public person that I am aware of. It's fascinating because the story has so much depth and intrigue. The man was incredible in a very ugly and egotistical way.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    Actually reviewing the past posts it was Sitting Bison that seemed to have a very keen interest, just wondered if he was the local sports drug tester or something?

It is however interesting in it's own right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Actually reviewing the past posts it was Sitting Bison that seemed to have a very keen interest, just wondered if he was the local sports drug tester or something?

It is however interesting in it's own right.
    nup, nothing local about it

just joking

Cowboy, my "very keen interest" was in Lancing the lies, deceit and outright corruption fed to an unsuspecting public. Like Verbal said in The Usual Suspects:
    the greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist
    And given what has transpired and will continue to develop in AFL and NRL this story is of huge relevance. Interestingly the footy players and officials are all dodging and squirming exactly like cyclists dopers have over the past decade

vCash
    I guess that I must be the most cynical person in the world because I have not found any of this surprising. Well at least hyper vigilant.

vCash
    Pretty grim...

vCash
    Add in 1997, won by Ulrich and 1996, won by Riis, both later found guilty of doping.

Sastre was clean (as far as we know) in 2008 but had riders on his team who were doping (Frank Schlek who came 6th)

Arguably Evans could be considered the winner of the 2007 race, as both the winner (Contador) is highly dodgy and Leipheimer, who was Contador's team-mate, was stripped of 3rd.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Just out of interest Happy is there a reason or connection to Lance Armstrong's story or drug cheating in general that keeps you interested in this?
    The story is a fascinating example of how someone with so much admiration and respect from others, can have so little for others. How he got away with it for so long it just interests me.

vCash
    I guess that I must be the most cynical person in the world because I have not found any of this surprising. Well at least hyper vigilant.
    Most people believed "I never tested positive" and "I have passed over 500 tests"

Just reading this 120 post thread on a rugby forum many people gave him the benefit of the doubt even after USADA sent him the infringement letter.

Have you read any of the comments in The Australian and SMH whenever ASADA is mentioned in relation to AFL and NRL?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast