Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alcock joins the Emirates Western Force

vCash

Alcock joins the Emirates Western Force

The Emirates Western Force has signed tenacious NSW Waratahs flanker Chris Alcock for two years.

Alcock will follow former Waratahs mentor Michael Foley across the Nullarbor for the 2013 FxPro Super Rugby season.

The gritty openside flanker has played 25 matches for the Waratahs since making his provincial debut against the Cheetahs two years ago, after he was plucked from Sydney grade rugby for the beginning of the 2010 season.

Alcock, who played 12 matches in 2012, starting in the ‘7’ jersey for the bulk of the season, is Foley’s second signing following the retention of local product Kyle Godwin.

The South African-born 24-year-old says he’s excited about representing the Emirates Western Force and continuing his partnership with Foley.

“I’ve got a great relationship with Foles and he’s been very helpful in developing me throughout my professional career, so I was very pleased to have the opportunity to continue working with him at the Force,” he said.

“It’s a great opportunity for me at the Force. It’s going to be a fairly new team with a number of guys leaving, and it’s a great opportunity to be part of something new.

“I’m really excited about being a part of that Force back row in particular. In my mind it’s been one of the most dominant back rows in Super Rugby and I’m really looking forward to getting involved and hopefully learning one or two things from them.

“My goal is certainly to get into that starting team but I need to be working on what the coaches tell me to work on and doing my best to be part of that 22 in any way, shape or form.”

Foley says Alcock will play a key role within the Emirates Western Force’s star-studded back row.

“Chris is one of Super Rugby’s up-and-coming players and he’s been a consistent performer for the Waratahs over the past three seasons,” he said. “As we look to relaunch the side, someone like Chris will add to the competitive edge required – both on and off the field – to make the Emirates Western Force successful.

“Chris’ game against the Force in Perth last year shows he’ll complement the likes of [Matt] Hodgson, [Richard] Brown and [Ben] McCalman extremely well. He’s a player that’s hard on the ball but brings a balance to the game with his ball-carrying.

“As we look to finalise our squad ahead of the 2013 season, we’ll continue to identify the best up-and-coming talent that will not only provide balance to the side, but can ensure its long-term success.”

Name: Chris Alcock
    Born: 24/06/1988
    Position: Flanker
    Height: 182cm
    Weight: 103kg
    Representative Rugby: 2010-2012 NSW Waratahs

http://www.westernforce.com.au/NewsE...7/Default.aspx

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    “Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Good luck getting a start
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    A good pick up, I wish him well.

That said, we also have McCaffrey and Cottrell. That is six back rowers all pretty similar especially size. We do not have a really large unit like Palu etc that can change the dynamic.

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Great pick up, love the way he plays, like Matt H full of heart.

Welcome on board Chris.

Also of note born in Durban RSA, will not have to run back to the East coast so quickly.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Welcome aboard Chris!

Rounds out the backrow nicely: 7- Hodgo, Alcock 6- Brown, Cottrell 8- Macca and Macca

Still would like to see a winger or two signed up.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash
    A huge pickup. Brings a very physical presence for his size, great defense as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhydianl View Post
    A huge pickup. Brings a very physical presence for his size, great defense as well.
    nice to hear!

vCash
    Good signing by the Force! Welcome to the Sea of Blue Chris!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Any truth to the rumour that he's already signed up for Nedlands?

Apparently he's a friend of a friend of someones aunty at Nedlands and can't wait to play at the Foreshore!

Also quoted as saying he always wanted to be a Nedlands junior but couldn't afford the aifares but is giving Nedlands the licence to call him home-grown!

vCash

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Good luck getting a start
    Posted via Mobile Device
    nice welcome jono

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    Any truth to the rumour that he's already signed up for Nedlands?

Apparently he's a friend of a friend of someones aunty at Nedlands and can't wait to play at the Foreshore!

Also quoted as saying he always wanted to be a Nedlands junior but couldn't afford the aifares but is giving Nedlands the licence to call him home-grown!
    Can you keep your bullshit to just one thread and stop hijacking others? You turn a positive thread about a young fella joining the Force into a negative one. Can we create another thread just for you to post your nonsensical rubbish in so others who want to contribute positive thoughts are not interrupted by your constant dribble?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kipper_mckinnon View Post
    nice welcome jono
    aww did i offend you?

we still have an all wallaby back row...

so... like i said. good luck to him getting a start.
    however this is a good thing because it creates awesome competition

vCash

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Yep all good signing Alcock, but.......

We seem to be fairly stacked in the back row before he came. How about a classy lock to replace Sharpie?

And please for the love of christ get some decent fu*kin centres!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyFan View Post
    Can you keep your bullshit to just one thread and stop hijacking others? You turn a positive thread about a young fella joining the Force into a negative one. Can we create another thread just for you to post your nonsensical rubbish in so others who want to contribute positive thoughts are not interrupted by your constant dribble?
    We could recycle one of muddie's old threads

C'mon the

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast