Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: John Mulvihill named Western Force head coach under Michael Foley

Rookie
    vCash
    Apparently there's a press conference on at the moment with a possible player announcement. According to ewf twitter.
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    Not necessarily, a lot has happened since Pocock signed for the Brumbies....
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I agree with Gaffa in that Pocock was going to the Brumbies regardless, and also believe RugbyWA did all they could to retain Pocock. His mind was made up to leave a long time ago.
    I would say RugbyWA would have been working towards signing Foley(sharpy and others choice) and Mulvihill(Pococks choice) last week. Pocock would have known this and I think thats what has prompted his early announcement to go to the Brumbies. He had always previously stated that he would make his decision at the end of the rugby season and his contract finishes at the end of the year so he was apparantly in no rush to make a decision.

How would it look if the EWF presented Pocock his coaching preferences(He allegedly approved Foley and Mulvihill) and then say no thanks im going to the Brumbies. With the early announcement to leave, RugbyWA's hands were tied to make an announcement on Foley and Mulvihill and would therefore give everyone the impression that Pocock is justified to leave and as a consequence make RugbyWA look very incompetent.
    If this is how it played out then I must say Im pretty dissapointed in Pocock.

Last edited by Hoolly Doolly; 02-08-12 at 13:28.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Naggs View Post
    Apparently there's a press conference on at the moment with a possible player announcement. According to ewf twitter.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Sharpe staying on for another year??we can dream yeah?

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoolly Doolly View Post
    I agree with Gaffa in that Pocock was going to the Brumbies regardless, and also believe RugbyWA did all they could to retain Pocock. His mind was made up to leave a long time ago.
    I would say RugbyWA would have been working towards signing Foley(sharpy and others choice) and Mulvihill(Pococks choice) last week. Pocock would have known this and I think thats what has prompted his early announcement to go to the Brumbies. He had always previously stated that he would make his decision at the end of the rugby season.

How would it look if the EWF presented Pocock his coaching preferences(He allegedly approved Foley and Mulvihill) and then say no thanks im going to the Brumbies. With the early announcement to leave, RugbyWA's hands were tied to make an announcement on Foley and Mulvihill and would therefore give everyone the impression that Pocock is justified to leave and as a consequence make RugbyWA look very incompetent.
    If this is how it played out then I must say Im pretty dissapointed in Pocock.
    Hoolly - add this to the equation.

Go back and have a look at David Pococks list of reasons why he is leaving - Read the list and for every one add to the end of it - "He has been here for 7 years"

Then tell me how disappointed you are.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Champion
    vCash
    Anyone near Foxtel Sports News to tell us what was said in the press conference..

vCash
    the tweet actually says "30 mins to the press conference with Michael Foley. Is there a current player announcement coming too?? #whatcoulditbe"

so could be the new captain

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Anyone near Foxtel Sports News to tell us what was said in the press conference..
    Its currently gAyFL stuff. Will put up with it to see if there is any announcement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Then tell me how disappointed you are.
    Even more so....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    the tweet actually says "30 mins to the press conference with Michael Foley. Is there a current player announcement coming too?? #whatcoulditbe"

so could be the new captain
    Yeah, it does say CURRENT player announcement, not NEW player announcement......

vCash
    Might be just the official announcement of Mulvihill as I dont think they have made an official announcement yet

vCash
    Well, haven't the last few weeks been a real rollercoaster...

I am really glad to see that the Force seem to be getting their shit together, picking themsleves up and dusting themsleves off after the media bombardment they have suffered lately.

During this turbulent moment I have been getting my updates from all over the place, including this great site, waiting in hope of some good news. While i was a little sceptical of the Foley announcement at first, after a little more thought and the recent support coach announcement I think it could be a good fit and the start of something special moving forward for the next chapter in the Force history.

I have lurked around here without registering for the better part of 3 years, and decided that at times like this it calls for commitment to the cause! So here i am, signing on for what i hope will be a fresh start and new beginning for my beloved team!

Solidarity Brother!! (or sister...)

Last edited by Marty_Mcfly; 02-08-12 at 14:10.

Apprentice
    vCash

Matt Hodgson 2013 Captain

Just posted on EWF Twitter feed.

vCash
    Great stuff congrats hodgo onwards and upwards

CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN!

vCash
    It had to be Hodgo. The only choice!

Congrats Matt, well deserved!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Congrats Hodgo!

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast