Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: John Mulvihill named Western Force head coach under Michael Foley

vCash
    Welcome aboard Marty McFly

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    [QUOTE=GAFFA;324920]The Western Force has named John Mulvihill as the Super Rugby team's new head coach.
    Mulvihill was a former Force assistant coach under ex-head coach John Mitchell.

He will work directly under newly appointed director of coaching Michael Foley.

Mullvihill most recently coached in Japan.

Foley is also after an attack coach, apparently this will be named soon as well.

vCash
    I am sorry but how many bloody coaches do we need? Great re Foley, not sure re Mulvihill but will wait to see, love Stiles but how many more? one for each 2 hr session? This is getting silly - at last seasons injusry rate we will have more coaches than players in one piece.

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

vCash
    Ok, the haters have just gotta give up on the number of coaches thing. Simple facts, Foley as director of coaching might also be called director of football operations or any other thing. The thoughts running through the back of my mind last night were along the lines of 'they're setting up to name an untried coach at this level and want foley as a bit of experience to make sure standards are high enough for the comp.' he really only replaces Mitch Hardy anyway, and will do a similar role. His title is probably different to suggest a role that is more active in the running of the team.

He might become available for on the field stuff, but with Nick Stiles bringing the a game with the forwards last year why would he want to?

Mulvers will be awesome, because he seemed to get along with the players, and he made several silk purses in his time. If you want an example, what has Jimmy Higendorf done at Melbourne? He was bloody fantastic when he was here!

C'mon the

vCash
    Via twitter, Press Conference - Michael Foley, Matt Hodgson and Vern Reid

part 1

part 2

Hopefully, if the captaincy is used as a carrot to lure a specific player, that Hodgo can take the positives out of it. I agree its a kick in the nuts, but surely (also after talks with the team) he can understand the position TWF are in to get a world class 9 or 12.

vCash
    Prior to today’s press conference, recently retired Springbok winning World Cup, Tri-Nations and Super 15 lock Victor Matfield was spotted arriving at the Force’s Floreat headquarters.

Matfield played his last game in South Africa’s defeat by the Wallabies in last year’s World Cup quarterfinal and is regarded as one of the best second rowers of all time.

He turned down an offer to coach the Springbok lineout this year and has subsequently been working as a television commentator.

The Force were not immediately available to comment on his presence at their offices.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WF1964 View Post
    Prior to today’s press conference, recently retired Springbok winning World Cup, Tri-Nations and Super 15 lock Victor Matfield was spotted arriving at the Force’s Floreat headquarters.

Matfield played his last game in South Africa’s defeat by the Wallabies in last year’s World Cup quarterfinal and is regarded as one of the best second rowers of all time.

He turned down an offer to coach the Springbok lineout this year and has subsequently been working as a television commentator.

The Force were not immediately available to comment on his presence at their offices.
    Now that WOULD be a signing !!!!!!!

vCash
    Big Vic in WA? WTF?

The plot thickens. This is better than The Bold and the Beautiful!
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    matfield on a 1 year marquee signing would be a massive coup- he still has it and the bulls missed his leadership this year.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I don't know whether playing is an option, but what couldn't he offer in terms of establishing a winning culture!!!

vCash
    I have to say that I'm a bit conflicted about the coverage of Foleys signing on the rugby club. Whilst it was the best moment of my rear watching that dick Phil Kearns popping a blood vessel over it I'm a bit pissed about how much of a one eyed hypocrite he is in relation to the Genia affair.

TOCC will again tell me I've got a chip on my shoulder, but the eastern staters only seem to mention honor and respect when it suits them!

And I like my chip!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I have to say that I'm a bit conflicted about the coverage of Foleys signing on the rugby club. Whilst it was the best moment of my rear watching that dick Phil Kearns popping a blood vessel over it I'm a bit pissed about how much of a one eyed hypocrite he is in relation to the Genia affair.

TOCC will again tell me I've got a chip on my shoulder, but the eastern staters only seem to mention honor and respect when it suits them!

And I like my chip!
    I like it too Gigs!! It's a very principled chip and you should be proud of it!!!

And who the hell cares what anyone east of the WA border thinks anyway?!!

vCash
    From twitter:
    Victor Matfield
    @VictorMatfield
    Rugby analyst and coal miner.
    "Flying to Perth with my business partner tomorrow. Looking at a big opportunity down there."

He may be here to analyze, or he may be here as a coal miner - he has posted a picture of a big digger thing on twitter.

vCash
    I liked what Micheal Foley had to say in the press confrence. Sounds like he has a plan and some idea's to take forward. Still not sure about Vern. He has man managment issue's............

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Note that the Mulvihill signing was specifically denied in that press conference....?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast