Shouldn't skim read as much as I do

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran
    vCash
    just attack coach i think...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    In The interview I heard with Growden yesterday he said that the board called a review with two matches left and had him explain himself. That, he said, was their error. It made his position vulnerable and led him to look again at the offer from The Force. Seems them offering him a stay of execution rather than him committing to them. Is that why the chairman walked the plank?

I've said here that I can't see how Michael Foley can have two decades of Waratah negativity laid at his door. Growden has also hinted that Phil Waugh, the architect of a lot of it, may be their next boss, If I read between his lines correctly. Now the other architect is speaking for the board. Either way their farked.

It seems what I thought after the interview may be the case. That our most respeted player has been at the pointy end of this and as I'd hoped, is staying on as line out consultant. The player offered his job as an enticement to stay and build on this has turned his back. Pretty glad I kept my glass half full. Carna Force!
    So I guess you're saying we'll never really know. I can accept that.....I guess I'm also comfortable with him changing his mind if they changed their minds first. If he agreed to one thing and then it turned into something different, I would suggest he give them the opportunity to fix what didn't work "or I'll have to reconsider my position"

Ok, I think I'm going to lock in benefit of the doubt and see which attack coach they choose.

C'mon the

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    So the current count is that we will have four coaches and a director of rugby - aren't we just turning into the English team then?

McKenzie's director of rugby role includes growth and development of the community game and the redevelopment of Ballymore. Anyone seen anything about just how wide reaching Foley's role will be?

Gigs, my understanding of it was that they had their review and "endorsed" him to the extent that they said they wouldn't sack him. It is not like they renewed a contract or anything.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    So are we still looking for a head coach or just a backs coach?
    Head coach will be the backs coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    So the current count is that we will have four coaches and a director of rugby - aren't we just turning into the English team then?

McKenzie's director of rugby role includes growth and development of the community game and the redevelopment of Ballymore. Anyone seen anything about just how wide reaching Foley's role will be?

Gigs, my understanding of it was that they had their review and "endorsed" him to the extent that they said they wouldn't sack him. It is not like they renewed a contract or anything.
    I don't give a crap what the tahs said, the morality of NSWRugby is no concern of mine. Since Michael Foley is now a member of the ocean blue family, I have a strong opinion though.

Still sticking with benefit of the doubt though.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Michael Foley is now a member of the ocean blue family
    As is my opinion.

Im now looking forward to the new season, Ive had enough of FOX sports (and others) bashing my fair state, and the Force, saying we have no future at the loss of our captain, or coach... and its time to start looking forward, getting some wins at home, getting some running rugby back into the game, upskilling our forwards pack (after 2 key players left us this year) and hopefully giving me a reason to drink rums in celebration down the pub afterwards.

vCash
    Welcome Uncle Boog :-)))

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6