Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: FUTURE LOCAL COMPETITION STRUCTURE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    I'll make the same comment as your 12th Form teacher made in your end of term report: ........

You're a loser Shasta, deal with it.
    Get a new shovel. You must have worn yous out by now.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Senior Player
    vCash
    "yous"

So you're a bogan as well Shasta?

vCash
    That all you got?
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    I'll make the same comment as your 12th Form teacher made in your end of term report: "Sorry Mrs Shasta, but your son is not very bright, perhaps he should repeat."

Everyone in Perth (except you apparently) seems to understand the demographic (look that one up in the dictionary) changes in the local population and the urban sprawl over the past 10 years, aging population in the inner suburbs, huge growth of young families in the outer suburbs etc etc. I'm not quite sure you've the brain power to participate meaningfully on this forum.

You're a loser Shasta, deal with it.
    Which is why Nedlands and UWA get to keep their own teams in RM's model. Wait, what?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    Which is why Nedlands and UWA get to keep their own teams in RM's model. Wait, what?
    No perhaps he's right and my education was lacking. They didn't tell us trolls can't follow a rational argument. So don't feed 'em
    Posted via Mobile Device

Senior Player
    vCash
    Think Macro not Micro Beige.

Visualise the Perth Map and hopefully you'll see the logic of my proposed structure. Need to think beyond current club affiliations otherwise no progress will be made.

We as a Union need to think about a structure that will be robust over the next 20 - 30 years; the current structure is outdated and is unsustainable given the way Perth's population is changing.

As much as I would like to put a knife into Uni and see Nedlands relegated to a District Club (because they don't have many juniors or colts) there needs to an inner city club and geography suggests it should be Nedlands.

vCash
    Think Macro not Micro Beige.

Visualise the Perth Map and hopefully you'll see the logic of my proposed structure. Need to think beyond current club affiliations otherwise no progress will be made.

We as a Union need to think about a structure that will be robust over the next 20 - 30 years; the current structure is outdated and is unsustainable given the way Perth's population is changing.

As much as I would like to put a knife into Uni and see Nedlands relegated to a District Club (because they don't have many juniors or colts) there needs to an inner city club and geography suggests it should be Nedlands.
    I agree.

vCash
    A quick look at the table suggests Joondalup aren't even the best District club. They probably sit behind Mandurah and Curtin in the pecking order. No under 20s and there under 18s have 1 win over last placed Southern Lions and one forfeit for a total of 10pts.

Time for some common sense and leave the comp as it is.

vCash
    With no Coach nor Captain at the Force and the West Coast Pirates odds on to get the next NRL franchise, it's warming to see such togetherness in the club scene, in the battle that will arrive soon enough for the game they play in heaven, to survive in the state of WA.
    Vic rugby got consultants in to bring the game to another level albeit a disastrous Pillar Cup resulted, but that wasn't well thought out and it wasn't given time, nor was the ARC.
    However, a complete revamp is needed in WA to support players going up to the Force from the local club-land, so we need to optimise the catchment areas like Joondalup and Mandurah - with the facilities at both Mandurah & Rockingham, but maintain the history and culture of clubs. Sometimes appeasement of the metro 'glamour' clubs is required as that's where interstate travellers will play and money will also concentrate purely due to sponsors' locations not that there isn't untapped sponsors in the northern & southern corridors ...
    The more Premiership clubs the better and to reach a position where there's promotion/ relegation of two division then great.
    If this results in J/Bros, ManPirates and S/Lions to name 3, in the premiership then that's development not a travesty.
    Development over two seasons in a transition to a target state could be accepted by all clubs with players' transfers centrally managed then perhaps a stronger club scene will rise and the Force won't go to Sydney to get fringe players to help out the injury list ... they'll look closer to home. Isn't what we're all about?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eel View Post
    A quick look at the table suggests Joondalup aren't even the best District club. They probably sit behind Mandurah and Curtin in the pecking order. No under 20s and there under 18s have 1 win over last placed Southern Lions and one forfeit for a total of 10pts.

Time for some common sense and leave the comp as it is.
    Their performance has no relevance to whether or not a premier club should exist up there. There are a huge amount of players, both junior and senior, that live up that way, it's logical they have a club up there. How many players live NOR and play for clubs other than Joondalup & Wanneroo. Lots. I do get the impression that Joondalup perhaps have their heads up their asses when it comes to running their club, so perhaps an option would be to keep them in the 'districts' comp and create an entirely new club, based in the northern suburbs.

Player
    vCash
    Some Stats on Junior teams per clubs from Under 12 to under 16.

Joondalup 9
    Wanneroo 8
    Perth Bayswater 7
    Rockinghaam 7
    Palmyra 7
    Southern Lions 5
    arks 5
    Mandurah 5
    Uni 5
    Associates 5
    Kalamunda 4
    Nedlands 3
    Cottesloe 3
    Wests Subiaco 3
    Kwinana 2
    North Coast 2
    Swan Suburbs 1

That will give everyone a true indication of where the game is growing.

A known fact about Wests Subiaco, they have been feeding their under 18 team from Aranmore College for years. The college offers scholarships to aranmore to the most talented juniors from any club. Then tells them that they MUST play for Wests Subiaco. The reason Wests had to forfeit games in under 18's is because Aranmore College was playing in a tournament on the Gold Coast.
    Wests have never had any great numbers at Junior levels for the last 10 years or more that I have been involved in Junior Rugby. The same can also be said for Cottesloe and Nedlands.

vCash
    huge growth of young families in the outer suburbs etc etc.
    RM - this huge growth in the outer suburbs does not seem to have helped Rocky at all - give it up pretending you know anything about demographics and Urban Growth Theory. Bet you have not even read Black and Hendersons 1999 classic text on the theory of Urban Growth where by they state, and I quote" Localized information spillovers promote agglomeration and human capital accumulation fosters endogenous growth. Individual city sizes grow with local human capital accumulation and knowledge spillovers"

So there!

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

Senior Player
    vCash
    DinkyDi, 1999 was some time after I completed my post graduate studies so I haven't read that particular text. Have studied some units in urban planning but I think most citizens of Perth understand what is causing the pressure on infrastructure in their local area without needing a degree in town planning.

" Localized information spillovers promote agglomeration and human capital accumulation fosters endogenous growth. Individual city sizes grow with local human capital accumulation and knowledge spillovers" This guy sounds like a drug effected academic whose book was only purchased by students for whom it was a compulsory part of their course plus boring bastards like you!

So there!

If Rockingham Rugby Club had had better administration and a larger volunteer base over the past 10 years they would be a real force in local rugby now. They have not taken full advantage of the large population increase in the area however the new clubrooms and new club administration are doing a good job of putting things right.

vCash

If Rockingham Rugby Club had had better administration and a larger volunteer base over the past 10 years they would be a real force in local rugby now. They have not taken full advantage of the large population increase in the area however the new clubrooms and new club administration are doing a good job of putting things right.
    Exactly. They should be thriving. As should Joondalup. Why they're not is not up to me to speculate. The likes of Nedlands, Cott etc have a lot of players who live closer to these clubs (Jloop, Rocky)than the clubs they play for.

vCash
    Zed-- With Heads up their asses with running their club,? not doing a bad job of speculating. Simple reason why glamour clubs have players from the North is they are Premier Grade, which does not say much for the Roo Dogs who are playing premier to. Why are these players not stopping at or playing for Wanneroo i ask myself ? But not for me to speculate. As for the comp being left where it is, where would the Roo dogs be after being let back into the Premiership by the powers back then. It was mainly because of the money men that got behind the club not the skills on the field. But not for me to speculate eh.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast