Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Foley to quit Waratahs

vCash

Foley to quit Waratahs

Waratahs head coach Michael Foley is scheduled to announce this morning that he is leaving the beleaguered province.

The Herald has been told the Waratahs will issue a media release this morning which will explain Foley's future. This follows strong speculation that Foley was about to accept a three-year deal at the Western Force.

The Herald revealed several weeks ago that the Force were chasing Foley to take over from Richard Graham, who has left for the Queensland Reds. Foley has for some time been interested in the Force offer, after experiencing a dreadful season with the Waratahs, which included them losing their last eight matches.

More to come

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/un...#ixzz229RpqK87

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Rookie
    vCash
    Just saw this on twitter.

@VictorMatfield: Flying to Perth with my business partner tomorrow. Looking at a big opportunity down there.

He's probably buying a small business or something but I would have him over foley any day.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    If he's (Foley) coming here I can't say that I think he's the best man for the job but if he's who we have for the next three years please change my mind by getting the right results.
    Lets hope this does put an end to all this uncertainty.
    Its been a depressing few months!

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    From the Australian - MICHAEL Foley today will announce his resignation as Waratahs Super Rugby coach to take over as coach of the Western Force next season.

vCash
    Thought this might be on the cards last night when I heard that the NSWRU Chairman had walked the plank.

(FX - puts on Growden Mischief Mask):
    Is this what led a certain person to spit the plug and bolt, after the other two members of the scavenger pack got their choice??

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post

(FX - puts on Growden Mischief Mask):
    Is this what led a certain person to spit the plug and bolt, after the other two members of the scavenger pack got their choice??
    Based on Pococks reasons for leaving i think his mind was made up a long time ago.

vCash
    I thought his reasons were just plain lame.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I just dont understand it. NSW over at G&G are so happy right now yet some how to force have some how screwed us again! we want good news not this shit!

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Based on his performance this season, I can't say that having Foley as coach excites me. But then again, the NSWRU is such a poisoned chalice that the underperformance of the Tahs doesn't come as a suprise. Maybe with a clean slate Foley can work some wonders one hopes..

Regardless, hopefully this can build some stability that has been so lacking at the Force this year.

vCash
    Look at Ewen McKenzie..........

vCash
    For me it's the player recruitment that is more important than the coach. As long as he's not a complete muppet then that's OK. A great coach isn't going to able to take a team like the Force to the finals with the personnel we have got at the moment. It does happen in top level sport, a team of underdogs overachieve, but it's a rarity. We need at least 7 players that could walk into any S15 side.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    This.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    Based on his performance this season, I can't say that having Foley as coach excites me.... Maybe with a clean slate Foley can work some wonders one hopes..
    The difference being that McKenzie was actually successful at the Tahrds before being sacked, even to getting in the Grand Final. Foley has just led them to their WORST EVER season, and RECORD NUMBER of LOSSES IN A ROW.

And this is after Foley was the assistant to the previous worst ever coach in Hickey, the pair of them being so woeful the Tahrds felt inclined to have the supporters symposium in the vain attempt at placating members and stopping the hemorrhage of member numbers.

So the Force in their infinite wisdom, faced with the necessity of securing a White-type coach, someone with a record of success, with international standing, with respect, who has the ability to attract quality players and the potential to instill sustainable programs, someone that the likes of DAVID POCOCK wants to play for, have actually gone and got the worst, most reviled, most stupid (see the Tahs kicking tactics this year) coach, one who has just had a performance revue mid season to keep his job. A coach that made Barnes look stupid and ineffective. A coach that loved Tom Carter.

Good grief, it can't get any worse than this %((((

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    I was going post something similar

The rot in NSW Rugby clearly goes beyond the Coach given they have under-performed for years under numerous coaches

The concerning thing is that he never applied for the job so something smells fishy in regards to recruitment process we undertook

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast