Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: David Pocock Hands in his Resignation

vCash
    At the end of the day, who can blame him. No coach, no management, no plan, no hope.....all the best at the Ponies Dave, I wish you well in every game you play (except two games a year of course)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Frankly, I would have been gone two weeks ago when the coaching saga shone a pretty clear light on Force management. But seriously, let's not kid ourselves that we haven't also just seen our future role mapped out too. It's been coming for a while, but RWA certainly makes it easy.

Champion
    vCash
    i've heard a rumour also tonight that Scott Johnson has also declined the offer to coach the FORCE...

All members should boycot the club and have a "board room storm" as 1 TWF Family at Rugby WA HQ 1 day soon to give them a peice of our mind !!!

vCash
    Well I'm struggling, this is bitter. I'm a bit disappointed, captain's aren't supposed to jump ship and if I thought there was one captain in the world that wouldn't, it would have been Mr Pocock. Having said that, I don't know what I would actually have done differently in his shoes. It's too easy sitting on the sideline saying he should have stayed, when it's his career involved with this messy organisation. So best of luck David.

Get your life together RWA.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Look on the bright side. Surely things could not get any worse...... could they?

Everyone will now expect even less of us than they have done in the past. I wonder what Sias is now thinking as apparently in was DP who pimped the Force to him?

I don't know why everyone is so worried about all the Tahs staff ending up in WA? Cos compared to fuckin RugbyWA they are incredibly professional!

What a fuckin balls up!

Veteran
    vCash
    should have been in the west australian

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    Well I'm struggling, this is bitter. I'm a bit disappointed, captain's aren't supposed to jump ship and if I thought there was one captain in the world that wouldn't, it would have been Mr Pocock. Having said that, I don't know what I would actually have done differently in his shoes. It's too easy sitting on the sideline saying he should have stayed, when it's his career involved with this messy organisation. So best of luck David.

Get your life together RWA.
    Maybe Pocock is related to the Captain of the Costa Concordia....... there's two of them who refused to go down with their ship!

Just jokes.... still think Pocock is a decent fella. I can only imagine the fuck ups at RugbyWA were that huge that even someone as morally astute as him couldn't even condone them. I really hope it all comes out in the wash.

How about a good old members forum (lynching) just like the the Tahrds have when they lose 2 games in a row.

Then we can give Vern his appraisal (character assassination) before we rope up the gallows.... fuckin moronic shambles.

vCash
    He's been a champion player, but I'm not at all happy with his performance the past couple of months. He's a foundation player, and captain. He's been involved in players and coaches to whatever extent.

To be honest he's been dicking everyone around for months, He's no different to Judas, and I don't wish him at all well. Rat off a sinking ship, he can get fucked at Brimbies, he's got nothing to do with their resurrection, only reaping the benefits. I hope they suffer second season blues (which they will), White will be off at earliest opportunity, and then he'll be in same boat he's in now, but freezing his nuts off.

He has shown no fortitude, it's when things are at their worst that true champions show their mettle, and Matt Hodgson with Brownie, Bennie Mac and Sheahan resigning during our blackest hours shows real character compared to Pococks gutless effort.

Good riddance David Pocock, fuck off to Brumbies when the club paying you a fortune, supporting your charity, and adoring fans REALLY need you, you will be forgotten with tomorrows chip wrapper.

I'm sorry to upset any fawning TWFers, it's truly how I feel.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Apprentice
    vCash

Best Wishes

Sorry to see David go, he has provided many happy memories during his stay.

Best wishes to him for his future.

Force will commence their building next season with new coach, new captain and hopefully some new players.

Go the force.

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    He's been a champion player, but I'm not at all happy with his performance the past couple of months. He's a foundation player, and captain. He's been involved in players and coaches to whatever extent.

To be honest he's been dicking everyone around for months, He's no different to Judas, and I don't wish him at all well. Rat off a sinking ship, he can get fucked at Brimbies, he's got nothing to do with their resurrection, only reaping the benefits. I hope they suffer second season blues (which they will), White will be off at earliest opportunity, and then he'll be in same boat he's in now, but freezing his nuts off.

He has shown no fortitude, it's when things are at their worst that true champions show their mettle, and Matt Hodgson with Brownie, Bennie Mac and Sheahan resigning during our blackest hours shows real character compared to Pococks gutless effort.

Good riddance David Pocock, fuck off to Brumbies when the club paying you a fortune, supporting your charity, and adoring fans REALLY need you, you will be forgotten with tomorrows chip wrapper.

I'm sorry to upset any fawning TWFers, it's truly how I feel.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    fucking BAM!

i do not share this emotion, but good luck with it!

Prospect
    vCash
    Being in this great state for the last 30 years and participating and enjoying the great game of rugby I am absolutley dismayed that a person and player of the calibre of David Pocock has decided to play elsewhere. What disappoints me most on losing him is the fact that money wasn't the issue; it was the inability of a professional organisation to get their act together and provide a structure that probably would have seen David; and others; be a Force player for his career.

The nature of the beast is that there are always underlings; be that in business or sport. The true character of a person or organisation is how they manage their position and how they plan, build and rebuild to achive their goal. It is not easy but getting to the summitt is possible; it's just the path chosen and the boxes being ticked off as you get there that show the true measure of any organistaion.

Unforunatelty the drive and enthusiasium that was generated to get the Force established in the West seems to have gone; replaced by an organistaion that is continually on the back foot either defendinding it's decisions-position or placing their collectiive heads in the sand thinking that all will be fine never mind the damage that is being done on this current journey. Rugby WA does not appear to be WA centric - rather an Eastern States B side that is under heavy influence by the either ARU or people that have clout and care not for the Force or rugby in WA.

What is needed is a rebirth of that early enthusiasim! Let's get the top end of town; be they business or politics heavily involved again; and make this a team from WA and you will find that all rugby supporters in the West will be behind the team 100%.

The management need to make a plan that takes the Force to the top of the mountain; they have lost their way and treated the Force like a poorly perfoming business. Those businesses fold and I fear that the Force will go the same way unless the correct structures are put in place. Heaven fobid that I start to support a team playing out of the NSW Central Coast.

I for one enjoy the banter on this site and have been with a club that was once at the top of the mountain; lost their way for quite a few years and then attained the lofty heights of premierships again with me and them enjoying the spoils and bragging rights that go with that.

Lets get the Western Force where it should be - playing for the West!

Current management it is time to move on. David - all the best!!

vCash
    He's gone. Thank god that drawn out saga has come to a close.

Let's look forward now. We'll win this competition without him.

Rookie
    vCash
    Giteau left us for the Brumbies rated in the top 2 flyhalves in the world-2 years later couldn't make the Wallaby squad

vCash
    I would've been happier if he just said "Screw you pansies I'm taking the money!"

But to use isolation as an excuse? Poor form Dave, poor bloody form.

Veteran
    vCash
    ah! but pocock is actually good...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast