Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Coach no Bam no (maybe)

vCash

Coach no Bam no (maybe)

OK Let's all calm down.
    We are all pissed off with the way the management have treated us as only throw away parts.
    I think the few of us that there are on this site have been as vocal as we can through this web site.
    I guess that listening to Alison and others that there may be other ways to be appreciated!
    I'm new to this media.. So someone give me some ideas!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    With the greatest of respect Mr Snob - I think you need to take some of your own advice.

Please calm down.

A lot of people are reacting to speculation written by reporters scratching for news when there is no news. There are no Australian teams in the Super Rugby Finals series so they have to write about something.

At no time has RugbyWA put out an official Press/Media Release, I could be wrong but I believe that our Coach is on the mailing list for them. So we (TWF) would know about any NEWS when it happens.

If there was an OFFICIAL announcement concerning David Pocock or the Role of Head Coach - Don't you think RugbyWA would hold a News Conference?

And, just on the topic of announcements from RugbyWA - I don't believe it is fair of us as supporters to criticise RugbyWA when their hands are tied as far as announcements can or can not be made. We really have no idea as far as the contract negotiations for both Head Coach and Pocock are concerned, and it would be ridiculous to expect RugbyWA to put out a statement or hold a press conference every week to say that the process is ongoing.

Contract Negotiations take time, an offer is made and then time is given to go over that offer, and then that offer is accepted or rejected or a counter offer is made and more time is given to go over the new offer. That process cant be sped up just because the Sea-of-Blue is getting a little impatient.

Time is on our side - we have 7 months before the start of the new Super Rugby Season to find a new Coach and 5 months before David Pococks current contract expires. Lets relax a little and talk about the new Rugby Championship and the inclusion of Argentina. Now that is exciting.

Last edited by .X.; 28-07-12 at 12:04. Reason: wrong word

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    X, Stop making sense! We must stay calm and carry on. Although we do need to have a coach well before the pre season starts... Tis better to be venting hysteria on the ether as the other option involves mobs taking to the streets with fiery torches, pitchforks and pointy sticks and descending upon the castle that be RugbyWA HQ.

vCash
    Chapter two in the "I don't think all is lost" story

The Brumbies management is also unable to make an announcement about Dave signing.

Do you think he would have signed anything and the Brumbies keep quiet about it...that would be the recruiting coup of the century (and if I was their media manager would say....Waratahs take Hooper to make room for Wallabies captain)

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Chapter two in the "I don't think all is lost" story

The Brumbies management is also unable to make an announcement about Dave signing.

Do you think he would have signed anything and the Brumbies keep quiet about it...that would be the recruiting coup of the century (and if I was their media manager would say....Waratahs take Hooper to make room for Wallabies captain)
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/su...-1226437353217

"Sauces in Canberra said final negotiations between Pocock and the Brumbies had been concluded and it was just a matter of putting pen to paper."

So no signature but no indication of a verbal agreement to com to ACT either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    With the greatest of respect Mr Snob - I think you need to take some of your own advice.

Please calm down.

A lot of people are reacting to speculation written by reporters scratching for news when there is no news. There are no Australian teams in the Super Rugby Finals series so they have to write about something.

At no time has RugbyWA put out an official Press/Media Release, I could be wrong but I believe that our Coach is on the mailing list for them. So we (TWF) would know about any NEWS when it happens.

If there was an OFFICIAL announcement concerning David Pocock or the Role of Head Coach - Don't you think RugbyWA would hold a News Conference?

And, just on the topic of announcements from RugbyWA - I don't believe it is fair of us as reporters to criticise RugbyWA when their hands are tied as far as announcements can or can not be made. We really have no idea as far as the contract negotiations for both Head Coach and Pocock are concerned, and it would be ridiculous to expect RugbyWA to put out a statement or hold a press conference every week to say that the process is ongoing.

Contract Negotiations take time, an offer is made and then time is given to go over that offer, and then that offer is accepted or rejected or a counter offer is made and more time is given to go over the new offer. That process cant be sped up just because the Sea-of-Blue is getting a little impatient.

Time is on our side - we have 7 months before the start of the new Super Rugby Season to find a new Coach and 5 months before David Pococks current contract expires. Lets relax a little and talk about the new Rugby Championship and the inclusion of Argentina. Now that is exciting.
    Fair enough X (maybe one to many glasses of red last night) but RWA are going to be sending out renewals in the not to distant future (and yes I, fool that I am will renew). What will we get for our dosh? Do the management at RWA know how to run a viable sports club?
    As members we are like minor share holders. IF we ended up with only 1000 members next year I think we would have very little chance of long term survival.
    I know my venting on this site is from utter frustration with the way RWA has handle the coaching issue and I have very little faith left in them. If they couldn't get this situation sorted out in three months it pretty poor.
    I'm efing frustrated!

May the FORCE be with you!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Snob, I dont think that it is all that bad.

I think its a case of the glass being either half full or half empty. Perhaps if you can - have a look at the glass have full side for a while. Its so much easier on the brain and it also reduces the stress levels.

I think that at the end of this process - their will be some changes to RugbyWA. I think that all will agree that it is inevitable, also there is a need for a change in our recruiting process. But we need to get thru this process first.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    I predict (and you can all say 'told you so if I'm wrong) that pocock will go and the appalongly bad managenent of the appointment of the new coach (which really ought to have been sorted by now) will bring down the management and we'll have yet another 2-3 years in the wilderness. I'm really worried about the teams long term future.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    What I would do for just SOMETHING bloody positive...I am over all this doom and blo*dy gloom...come on we are better than this....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    What I would do for just SOMETHING bloody positive...
    Jim Kidd have a 50% sale on all Force merchandise. Every cloud has a silver lining..

vCash
    Apparently Westy will be heading north for the winter next year too.

vCash
    What I would do for just SOMETHING bloody positive...I am over all this doom and blo*dy gloom...come on we are better than this....
    Frankly and honestly I don't think we are. The supporters are being very badly let down. I have been a gold member since day 1. I'm sick of it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    I guess we all woke up this morning and we were all still breathing. So it can't be all that bad ........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jombi View Post
    Apparently Westy will be heading north for the winter next year too.
    Please say it's so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackswan View Post
    I guess we all woke up this morning and we were all still breathing. So it can't be all that bad ........
    It's worse I'm afraid.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast