Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Head Coach, Forward's Coach & Attack Coach....

Rookie
    vCash
    The article on Fowler says he's a straight talker and that's why he left the Reds this year.If he calls a spade a spade,I wonder what he said about RG-if so,the wanker is starting to work his magic on the Reds already without a ball being kicked in anger.....snigger.....snigger

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Ok, have tried not to but can't help myself. I have a feeling in my water that there are good times ahead. It appears we are quietly taking advantage of all the BS that is happening over East.

Go The Force!!!

Just happy to be here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The EnForcer View Post
    Ok, have tried not to but can't help myself. I have a feeling in my water that there are good times ahead. It appears we are quietly taking advantage of all the BS that is happening over East.

Go The Force!!!
    Agreed 100%. What would make it even sweeter would be Greg Martin, Phil Kearns and Tim Horan being shown the door.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joblot View Post
    Agreed 100%. What would make it even sweeter would be Greg Martin, Phil Kearns and Tim Horan being shown the door.
    Mate you hit the nail on the head Worst commentating I have listened to in a long while They have no idea and are looking for excuses for every error the wallabies make rather than commentating the game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joblot View Post
    Hell no, I want to hear the angst ridden depression in their voices when the force finally get it together and play to meet our expectations. It'll be sweet!

C'mon the

Veteran
    vCash
    i streamed the game, and i think you could choose english or spanish commentators. They were quite good, basically said it was a rubbish game a lot, as there was never anything on, which i agreed with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taylor View Post
    The article on Fowler says he's a straight talker and that's why he left the Reds this year.If he calls a spade a spade,I wonder what he said about RG-if so,the wanker is starting to work his magic on the Reds already without a ball being kicked in anger.....snigger.....snigger
    I've heard a lot of good things about Fowler. If I dare say it out loud, the Force may have the strongest coaching staff in Oz, top to bottom!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Sunday, 7 October 2012

EMIRATES WESTERN FORCE UNVEILS NEW COACHING STAFF

The Emirates Western Force will welcome in an era of change when they unveil their coaching staff for 2013 at 11am on Monday, 8 October.

Emirates Western Force coach Michael Foley and RugbyWA Chairman Russel Perry will introduced the coaching staff, with incoming members of the coaching panel to be in attendance.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    I am feeling so pumped about the next few seasons as these guys start to work their magic!

I'm also feeling pumped about the Wallabies for 2015 after Sat night's game! Sucky though all the injuries have been, I reckon it's brought through some serious talent that would otherwise have continued to be overlooked in favour of the chosen few! Cummins, Harris (for his metronomic boot)and even Beale at 10 have been the stand-outs for me.

Thoughts anyone?

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    I wondered if his problem was with Quades ever expanding ego..

Just speculating.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Greg says ...
    RUMOURS OF THE WEEKEND

❏ Strong word that Quade Cooper has recently clashed with an important Reds heavy. Not as bad as a major altercation some months ago between a well-known Reds Wallaby representative and a now departed Queensland team official in an incident that was successfully hushed up.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/un...#ixzz28fOEP8K6

vCash
    .....snigger.....snigger

You're better off using the snigger icon..

I really like the snigger icon.....

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    EMIRATES WESTERN FORCE MEDIA RELEASE
    Monday, 8 October 2012

FORCE RECRUIT BEST IN SEARCH FOR SUCCESS

The Emirates Western Force has recruited a world-class panel of preeminent experts to form its coaching staff for the 2013 Super Rugby season.

Former Bath Rugby European Challenge Cup-winning Head Coach Steve Meehan and former Queensland Reds strategist Phillip Fowler will link with the Perth-based side for 2013.

The pair joins Head Coach Michael Foley and Forwards Coach Nick Stiles as the brains trust for the Western Australian province. Former NSW Waratahs General Manager Rugby and Wallabies Assistant Manager Chris Webb will also join the Emirates Western Force to oversee the province’s entire professional program as General Manager High Performance.

Foley says the new coaching staff will help kick-start a new era for the Emirates Western Force.

“Relaunching this side is more than just a new playing roster, it’s about a new approach to Emirates Western Force rugby,” he said.

“We didn’t want to restrict ourselves in terms of who we were approaching and targeting, and have intentionally identified experts with a proven record in getting results.

“We’ve engaged some of the best in the business to join us for 2013. We’ve drawn a line in the sand for this season and, given we’ll run out a new-look side, it was essential that we assembled a coaching staff that would not only provide insight into the game but will assist to develop our players and the group as a whole.

“We said that we were going to recruit the best attack coach available and that’s exactly what we’ve done. With our focus on attacking and dynamic rugby, we’re fortunate to bring in someone with the experience and expertise of Steve [Meehan]. His record at Stade Français and Bath speaks for itself; he was able to implement a game style that players loved playing, that fans loved watching and that ultimately brought success. We have a similar goal for the side in 2013.

“Chook [Fowler] was one of the masterminds behind the Reds success over the past few years as well as being sought out by the Wallabies, All Blacks and Springboks across four World Cups. He brings a great deal to the table not only through his strategic approach to rugby, but also being able to guide the players through the psychological aspects of the game as well.

“Finally, there aren’t too many managers in rugby with the experience and knowledge that Chris has. Chris will play a vital role in providing a holistic and integrated approach to our rugby program that encompasses the entire RugbyWA organisation and WA rugby community. He’s one of the best in the game and it’s reassuring to know that every aspect of the High Performance Department will operate like clockwork under him, allowing us to focus on creating the change necessary to bring success.

“There’s no doubt that we’re all on the same page in not only wanting to implement change to build a winning culture for the Emirates Western Force but ensuring that we put systems and a culture in place that can sustain the long-term success of the side.”

RugbyWA Chairman Russel Perry says this is part of a ‘wall of change’ for the Emirates Western Force.

“This is a time of significant change for the club,” he said. “We know our final standing over the past few seasons has been unacceptable and significant actions were required to see us become a force in this competition.

“In investing in this new coaching and management staff, we are looking towards the development, improvement and extended success of the Emirates Western Force.

“Michael has a clear plan for the development of this side over the next three years. The appointment of a first-rate coaching group, combined with a new playing roster for 2013, is part of a continuous improvement approach across the board for the club. This is a significant component of creating an exciting new era for the Emirates Western Force.

“We will be announcing further changes over the next several weeks that will give our members and supporters confidence about the future.”

Steve Meehan joins the Emirates Western Force as Backs/Attack Coach, having spent five seasons in charge of English Premiership club, Bath. Under his reign, Bath was widely acknowledged as having the best integrated attack in the English Premiership, courtesy of their expansive, offloading, attacking rugby, leading to their undefeated European Challenge Cup campaign in 2007/08 that culminated in their 24-16 win over Worcester in the final.

While Bath finished ninth and scored just 38 tries in the season prior to Meehan’s appointment (2006/07), he developed the side into a regular English Premiership finals contender – finishing in the top four on three occasions – and averaging 48 tries per season across his five-year tenure.

Meehan began his coaching career in Queensland before spending three successful seasons as Assistant Coach with Stade Français. During this time the Parisian club reached the final of the French Championship for three consecutive years, beating Toulouse (32-18) in 2002/03 and Perpignan (38-20) in 2003/04, while losing to Biarritz Olympique (37-34) in extra time during the 2004/05. Stade Français also finished runner-up to Toulouse (18-12) in the 2005 Heineken Cup final.

Phillip Fowler – acknowledged as one of the brilliant rugby minds – was a key contributor to the resurgence of the Queensland Reds, with his input towards devising game plans a key component to the Reds’ Super Rugby title in 2011.

The New Zealand-born strategist has played a role in four Rugby World Cup campaigns, with the respective sides qualifying for the final on each occasion. These have included positions with the Wallabies (1991) and South Africa (2007) in their successful Rugby World Cup campaigns, and New Zealand and Australia when they finished runners-up in 1995 and 2003 respectively.

While he joins the Emirates Western Force as a Rugby Strategist, he is also a registered psychologist and has utilised these skills around mental skill development and psychological pressure. Most recently this included assisting Reds flyhalf Mike Harris to break a Super Rugby goal-kicking record, on his way to 24 consecutive goals.

Profiles
    Name: Michael Foley
    Role: Head Coach
    Previous Coaching Roles: 2012 Head Coach – NSW Waratahs, 2009-2011 Assistant Coach – NSW Waratahs, 2006-2008 Assistant Coach – Wallabies, 2001-2006 Forwards Coach – Bath

Name: Steve Meehan
    Role: Backs/Attack Coach
    Previous Coaching Roles: 2006-2011 Head Coach – Bath Rugby, 2006 Backs Coach – Bath Rugby, 2002-2005 Assistant Coach (Backs & Skills) – Stade Français, 1999 Head Coach – Brisbane Cyclone, Backs Coach – Combined States Under 19

Name: Nick Stiles
    Role: Forwards Coach
    Previous Coaching Roles: 2007-2010 Forwards Coach – Kubota Spears, 2005-2006 Coaching Consultant – Kubota Spears, 2005-2007 Director of Rugby – University of Queensland

Name: Phillip Fowler
    Role: Rugby Strategist
    Previous Coaching Roles: 2011-2012 Strategy & Kicking Coach – Queensland Reds, 2010 Technical Advisor – Stade Français, 2007-2008 Strategist & Psychologist – Queensland Reds, 2007 Technical Consultant – Springboks, 2005-2006 Strategist/Kicking Coach/Psychologist – NSW Waratahs, 1991 & 2003 Strategic Advisor – Wallabies, 1992-1995 Strategic Advisor – All Blacks

Name: Chris Webb
    Role: General Manager High Performance
    Previous Roles: 2011-2012 General Manager Rugby – NSW Waratahs, 2008-2010 Team Manager – NSW Waratahs, 2005-2009 Assistant Manager – Wallabies

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Player
    vCash
    Dear Alison,
    I agree that Beale's best position is at 10. When he played there for the Rebels he gave them heaps more than O'Connor and in the game at NIB he absolutely carved up the Force.
    I don't like Beale at full back. For me a full back has to be able to make the last tackle and catch the high ball. Beale does'nt tackle well in the last line and has a few problems with the high ball. He has way too much time and space at full back, he is way much better close to the action working in traffic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I am feeling so pumped about the next few seasons as these guys start to work their magic!

I'm also feeling pumped about the Wallabies for 2015 after Sat night's game! Sucky though all the injuries have been, I reckon it's brought through some serious talent that would otherwise have continued to be overlooked in favour of the chosen few! Cummins, Harris (for his metronomic boot)and even Beale at 10 have been the stand-outs for me.

Thoughts anyone?
    i am feeling the same way Alison, good things coming for these teams.

also share your future optimism for the Wallabies - especially after watching the Aussie Schoolboy rugby side beat the Kiwi Schoolboys, IN AUCKLAND no less!

http://austschools.rugbynet.com.au/

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast