Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Joondalup 2nd Grade 2013?

vCash
    I've said it before..If RugbyWA continue to ignore the 25% of the population of Perth (ie at least 400,000 people) who live in the North Western coastal corridor of Perth, they are going to relegate Rugby into a minor sport for the expat kiwi's, east coasters and suth efrikans in WA.

Wanneroo are part of the solution - a Northern Derby to rival Neddies vs Cott etc would be a nice addition the the rugby calendar.

How they go about building a Premier grade club for the area, I don't know. All the proposals have some merits and some drawbacks. Allowing Joondalup to develop and enter a first grade team seems the most logical to me - if they can develop the player base and depth, from juniors up, then surely that is their right - they are after all adding to the overall player base in WA, unlike some clubs, which appear from reading these forums to owe their ongoing Premier grade presence and success on their horse trading ability.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    Still needs a comma sweetie, let's not get too important and forget our grammer. Pucman gets very exciting when he's discussing the under 15's. I just wish he'd tell us who his kid is, and then he could stop hiding behind the veil of reporting general interest stories.
    ralto - you are truly a, 'Key board Warrior'. You have clearly sustained COMMA TRAUMA at some stage of your sad & sheltered life.

Speaking of grammar ralto - have a look at two of your earlier posts on this page, I had to read them several time's to completely make sense of your tripe. Upon glancing at your post's, I suspected a substance abuse problem existed with this person -- however you continued to post tripe and then there is was, my bleeding heart started to kick-in, becoming truly clear to me that your substance abuse issue come about from an underlying mental health problem.

Do I care if people overuse or underuse commas and/or don't spell the odd word correctly? No! Do I judge a person on their grammar when posting onto an internet-site via a mobile device? No! It really doesn't bother me at all, and I don't get my knickers in a twist over something so smal ralto.

Also ralto, "Hiding behind a veil" when reporting general interest stories? This so-called Veil you speak of - is the internet world. Get down to Bunnings, grab some cement and harden-up ffs.

I do have a son playing in the U14's local rugby competition, hence my obvious interest in the direction of Rugby in WA. Would I put his or my name on here AT your request, so Nigerian Scammers can breach my security/identity that much easier???

Just Keep Wishing Ralto ole boy or is it actually Paedophile Pete?

vCash
    [QUOTE=Pacman;324145]

I do have a son playing in the U14's local rugby competition.....

I am amazed, how did I guess this?????, I can now disregard your comments in future as they are "a vested interest acting a moral outrage".

vCash
    [QUOTE=andrewM;324143]I've said it before..If RugbyWA continue to ignore the 25% of the population of Perth (ie at least 400,000 people) who live in the North Western coastal corridor of Perth, they are going to relegate Rugby into a minor sport for the expat kiwi's, east coasters and suth efrikans in WA.

Wanneroo are part of the solution - a Northern Derby to rival Neddies vs Cott etc would be a nice addition the the rugby calendar.

There has always been a bit of rivalry (I don't know why). between Joondalup and Roodogs, it's Joondalup that are dragging the chain. IMHO a merge between Wests (already tried once), and maybe Neddies (Don't hit me Hansie), are MY options. Joondalup need to be adaptable. Joondalup Wests, Wests Brothers. For me it makes sense - two clubs Mandurah and Joondalup, at the far North and South ends.

vCash
    I've said it before, I've said it again, any solution which is going to make a worthwhile change to the competition is pretty much impossible to sell to the stakeholders. The traditional rugby powerhouses are located (typically) in inner suburbs and need to find a way of boosting their junior numbers. The newer clubs are located in areas full of juniors, but lose most of their good juniors and grade players to clubs who have premier teams, this is tough for both sides of the coin. The only effective solution would be to completely restructure the premier league to allow all junior clubs a feeder pathway into the competition. How would that be achieved? Well there are several models, but all of them would involve some of the premier clubs ceasing to exist in some way and some of the district clubs being pushed into a competition they aren't ready for.

The premier league can't succeed in its current format, rockingham are clearly better than the second grade teams, but are perennially strugglers in the comp, the more successful clubs appear to do as much player shuffling as they do playing rugby, there just don't seem to be enough good first graders around at the moment.

I still like a hierarchical model, where two clubs merge at premier level (for example rockingham and mandurah could form a joint premier gade team, but compete separately at second grade, players in mandurah wouldn't have to swap clubs to have their pathway to premier grade and there would be more players to draw from for the firsts.

If we had 8 first grade teams representing 16 second grade clubs that'd work wouldn't it?

Apart from the fact that nobody would go for it!

C'mon the

vCash
    If we had 8 first grade teams representing 16 second grade clubs that'd work wouldn't it?

Apart from the fact that nobody would go for it![/QUOTE]

I did have someone from Rugby WA (off the record), basically go through all the options, and when I woke up the only real option they hinted at was the above - 8 premier teams - I can't say this is a Rugby WA directive, but they were keen on the idea .

vCash
    God you all talk gob shit i tell you. Joondalup 1st are at present top of their league, the 2nds for the first time in two years have just slipped out of the top 4, but sure they will be back. The Juniors have the biggest numbers in W.A. Surely we are all for the betterment of Rugby in W.A so take off the blinkers its time for a change. The Northern Suburbs are big enough to sustain two Premiership Teams. And if Joondaulup does make it may stop a lot of players from the North playing for the glamour clubs.

vCash
    [quote=Ralto;324162]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post

I do have a son playing in the U14's local rugby competition.....

I am amazed, how did I guess this?????, I can now disregard your comments in future as they are "a vested interest acting a moral outrage".
    I'd suggest the majority of people posting on this site have some sort of POSITIVE Vested Interest, the Vested Interest being Rugby in WA. Why would I be 'disregarded' as you say - because my son plays U14's and I myself dabble in 3rd grade when I get the chance???

People like Darkness for example - have "a Vested interest acting a Moral Outrage" (your words) as he would not wish change for the greater good of WA Community Rugby for obvious reasons.

I have mentioned in previous post's how Premier Grade should not expand beyond 10 team's and a 8 team elite comp would be preferred with a NPC/ITM cup Premiership/Championship style competition supporting/below the 8 team semi-pro elite comp.

Something along these lines would strengthen all Clubs in WA in a positive light, and local blokes like Anare KOLIAVU get into the 30/35 man force squad via a WA pathway to create a real WA Culture within the Force.... This is my Vested Interest Pal!

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    "People like Darkness for example - have "a Vested interest acting a Moral Outrage" (your words) as he would not wish change for the greater good of WA Community Rugby for obvious reasons."

How dare you state what my "vested interest" is. I don't even know you. To clarify; my interest is to expose pricks like you and David Pocock for being wankers. Hanging around with your local under 14 team hardly makes you an expert in anything. You don't even deserve an opinion.

I've stated my allegiances : Nedlands.

Put your old fella on the block; what club are you with?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    I did have someone from Rugby WA (off the record), basically go through all the options, and when I woke up the only real option they hinted at was the above - 8 premier teams - I can't say this is a Rugby WA directive, but they were keen on the idea .
    The problem is, that the instant something like that is mentioned in a board meeting, somebody will tot up the numbers and realize that one of the inner city clubs (at least) will need to die...or merge....or lose it's identity in some way.

Since the board members all have club allegiances it'll pretty much hit the wall right there.

If it goes to the clubs for comment, everyone will get nervous (except maybe Joondalup and Curtin) and the premier clubs will kill it on the spot.

Basically the whole joint could do with a brooming and a fresh coat of paint!

C'mon the

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    "People like Darkness for example - have "a Vested interest acting a Moral Outrage" (your words) as he would not wish change for the greater good of WA Community Rugby for obvious reasons."

How dare you state what my "vested interest" is. I don't even know you. To clarify; my interest is to expose pricks like you and David Pocock for being wankers. Hanging around with your local under 14 team hardly makes you an expert in anything. You don't even deserve an opinion.

I've stated my allegiances : Nedlands.

Put your old fella on the block; what club are you with?
    just to get it straight rumour monger,your allegiance is not nedlands

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Thirsty Thirds BDG - we did the business yesterday.

11 years down at the Foreshore.

vCash

Wink

Surely we are all for the betterment of Rugby in W.A so take off the blinkers its time for a change. The Northern Suburbs are big enough to sustain two Premiership Teams. And if Joondaulup does make it may stop a lot of players from the North playing for the glamour clubs.

My view has always been: Mandurah an Joondalup should anchor the Premier Grade (geographically).
    IMHO Joondalup need to get it together - similar to our governing body - there is a distinct weakness in the administration at the top end. The playing stocks are one thing, the results - with paid coach, and the amount taken in subs each year should have seen Joondalup included in premier grade a few years ago. My criticism is at times purely exasperation, but I can tell you we're both reading from the same page.

Champion
    vCash

Westie Man

Why would West's want to almalgamate with anyone, we currently have paid and registered 230 senior grade players anyway there are other things happening that will address some of the issues that have been raised that due to dotted line stuff can't be disclosed just yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Why would West's want to almalgamate with anyone, we currently have paid and registered 230 senior grade players anyway there are other things happening that will address some of the issues that have been raised that due to dotted line stuff can't be disclosed just yet.
    OK, Just see if you can answer this nicely - I've ignored your stuff for a few weeks, but I can see your ramping up now... seeing that your hinting to being privy to inside information, does this super new info relate to:

Making sure Charlies doesn't steal the bottom oval.
    Making sure the pitch can be marked out properly (ie you've f***ed off soccer.)

If it's none of these you say "Why would West's want to almalgamate with anyone", can you state that Wests have never put forward a proposal to amalgamate/merge with another team.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast