Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Western Force make three year offer to Waratahs coach Michael Foley

vCash
    "The Force had chased former Stade Francais coach Michael Cheika, but he rejected their offer last week, leaving the club in a vulnerable position considering they had told other candidates they were no longer being considered.

The Force then made Foley the offer, which has the strong enticement of a guaranteed three years."

What a farce, a sell perpetuating prophecy. The other asylum inmates Growden and Harris could only suggest Chieka received and rejected an offer. This guy goes full retard, offers made and rejected, all the other candidates told to frak off, Foley offered "guaranteed" three years - lol when is there EVER anything guaranteed in professional sport. If EWF gets flogged every game and finishes last next year with dwindling support he would be sacked.

And the entire time all this drivel is published, not a peep from EWF, Chieka, Foley, ARU or anyone else. Not one word.

Oh, and I just luuurve how ALL the articles include the "Pocock will stay with this coach" angle.

Every single one is unreferenced and unquoted drivel - indeed this one did not even bother with unnamed sauces lol, with the sole purpose of driving the agenda of each hack.
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDAVEY View Post
    I have been saying this for a while...you had been ridiculing me for months about my honest statements. Cheers
    I don't think I have said your wrong about the management at RWA. I think I've had a dig about loyalty to the Force.
    We may not agree about how the clubs run but we must still back and support the team.
    I will still renew my membership.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    I will still renew my membership.
    I won't, unless I can see some sign of change for the better. So far that hasn't happened. If what's printed is true it is a management stuff up of biblical proportions. If rubbish ditto - why isn't management commenting? Are they scared?
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    "The Force had chased former Stade Francais coach Michael Cheika, but he rejected their offer last week, leaving the club in a vulnerable position considering they had told other candidates they were no longer being considered.

The Force then made Foley the offer, which has the strong enticement of a guaranteed three years."

What a farce, a sell perpetuating prophecy. The other asylum inmates Growden and Harris could only suggest Chieka received and rejected an offer. This guy goes full retard, offers made and rejected, all the other candidates told to frak off, Foley offered "guaranteed" three years - lol when is there EVER anything guaranteed in professional sport. If EWF gets flogged every game and finishes last next year with dwindling support he would be sacked.

And the entire time all this drivel is published, not a peep from EWF, Chieka, Foley, ARU or anyone else. Not one word.

Oh, and I just luuurve how ALL the articles include the "Pocock will stay with this coach" angle.

Every single one is unreferenced and unquoted drivel - indeed this one did not even bother with unnamed sauces lol, with the sole purpose of driving the agenda of each hack.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Just because someone won't publicly put their name to a quote doesn't mean they aren't leaking information

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    Get rid of a couple more senior players, then hire an ex-Canterbury Crusaders player to start fresh and build a proud WA culture- proud to wear the WA jersey anytime, anywhere and a focus shift at RWA to break down the Old WA Elitist Rugby ranks, est'g a better community relationship - Nth Sth East Wst, rich or poor with the goal of exploding junior player numbers like never seen before.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    What makes you think an ex Canterbury Crusader will build a proud WA culture.

Champion
    vCash
    Non of this has been confirmed so we will have to wait and see. Normally if the first choice applicant doesn't want the job the second choice would be offered it. Foley, to the best of my knowledge wasn't interviewed so if he is then offered the job the other applicants would surely be upset

vCash
    Foley with JM as his assistant - hmm why not, mirrors the talent and ambition of Vern for rugby in WA perfectly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfiep View Post
    Foley with JM as his assistant - hmm why not, mirrors the talent and ambition of Vern for rugby in WA perfectly
    I like that combo but something tells me that player power won't stand for it.
    I am starting to get a little worrie and pissed of with this "player power" business.
    It reminds me to much of Gits. What happened to a coach being a coach and players listen to the " coach" who is only one step down from God.

May the FORCE be with you!

Champion
    vCash
    Just get a coach RWA and lets get on with 2013....the more we wait the bigger the hole RWA will dig themselves into. Take Foley....if it means we retain Bam Bam.....get Tahs staff....just get on with it please

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    I like that combo but something tells me that player power won't stand for it.
    I am starting to get a little worrie and pissed of with this "player power" business.
    It reminds me to much of Gits. What happened to a coach being a coach and players listen to the " coach" who is only one step down from God.
    I know what you mean, but you have to wonder if so many experienced players are standing up and saying we won't play under this coach perhaps there may be something wrong with him. Y'know like some lovely, hot, betty who has been dumped by her last 5 boyfriends - gets you thinking...

Last edited by zed; 22-07-12 at 18:39.

vCash
    Relax guys. I can't be bothered with all this east coast press shite.

Wait until an announcement is made and let the dickheads that write the crap do what they are going to do anyway. RWA has apparently stayed silent on the issue so give them the benefit of the doubt when some tw#t over east decides to create a story from some rumour created by someone set to make trouble. Why make a fuss over something for which you have absolutely no control ??

the numerous threads on this topic is repetitive, not constructive and shite

Rookie
    vCash
    The ex sadersplayer is Hannet.Took over the canes,let at least 5 All blacks go that I can remember and created a squad of young guys who play exciting rugby that has made their franchise and fans very proud and happy.He replaced 2 ABs with 2rookies in the halves and to me that shows that aility and effort can make up for experience.If Foley has the same sized pair as that Kiwi and the same talent assessment in both players and staff,then sign him up for 3years-just look out the player power members of the squad,you may be looking for a job come2014,no matter what your name is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    Just because someone won't publicly put their name to a quote doesn't mean they aren't leaking information
    Or even no-one's leaked anything and Growden is making stuff up. Wouldn't be the first time for him!

Champion
    vCash

Westie man

Quote Originally Posted by PerthGirl View Post
    What makes you think an ex Canterbury Crusader will build a proud WA culture.
    unless you've been living in a cave for the last 20 years the Crusaders record

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    unless you've been living in a cave for the last 20 years the Crusaders record
    But what has that record got to do with building a WA culture?? Judging by the kiwis who turn out in droves to support any and every kiwi team that plays the Force in Perth I don't see much WA allegiance shining through??

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast