Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Does the Western Force need David Pocock?

vCash
    I agree that the Force will survive without him. And once he does go, the spotlight that has been on us for the past two seasons (JOC last year and Poey this year) may finally be extinguished!

If he has made up his mind to leave, it's a shame he hasn't been honest with us though. But maybe it's out of his hands, who knows??! Maybe that's why Cheika pulled the pin too??

The one thing I really don't think I have the stomach for is all the crowing and smugness that we'll be subjected to from the ES - both from the media and the wider rugby community. That is going to really push my buttons!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    His politics are starting to give me the shits anyway.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    His politics are starting to give me the shits anyway.
    hehe - yet I like him more and more

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Sheesh... He hasn't even left yet

Veteran
    vCash
    who ever says that pocock is not great for the team is a mess. He is a hard running, tackling, jumping pilferer... that is everything that rugby is. he is one of the best at it.

I hope he stays and becomes a 1-clubber.

Champion
    vCash
    I agree with Palitu, of course we need Pocock, he is one of the worlds best rugby players. I can't believe some of you are wanting him to go!

vCash
    Yeah seriously - "I'm breaking up with him before he can break up with me!"

vCash
    i would love for him to stay bit im in the same boat as others that of he does go we will survive. But i will say that this long drawn out process hasnt really cast anyone involved in a very good light and would rather an outcome is reached very very soon (like now).

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Player
    vCash
    in most people's minds he's close to the best in his position right now in the world, he's becoming a quality leader and captain on field and he is most definitely a quaility person off the field.

He has been commited and loyal and has mana and respect.

What we need to do is respect his decision; knowing him he will be agonising over this.

The best post about all of this ws from Rex M ( his open addressto Bam was posted on 06.06.12); go back and read it. Enlightening.

Last edited by jt12; 23-07-12 at 15:14.

Player
    vCash
    I am not an IT buff but this was the post from Rex M about and to David pocock on 6/6/12

We understand you are a young man of enormous integrity.

You are also a young man with enormous ability and a work ethic, dedication and commitment that few people on this planet are capable of.

You are faced with an emotionally arduous dilemma.

Everybody in Western Australia wants you to stay with this franchise. The organisation has made you captain as a sign of good faith. The organisation gave you an opportunity to start earlier than you may have had alsewhere although there is no doubt you would have made it by waiting in the queue for the opportunity to come.

We understand you must be seriously conncerned about where this organisation is heading.

Sadly, careers come and go in the twinkling of an eye. We understand a man of your ability expects success and will be frustrated with continued underachievement.

It must be tempting to consider a move to chase team success. We understand it isn't about money. The Force will match any offer.

Here's a paradigm shift for you to consider.

I really do understand that you are desperate to play in a winning organisation and that is what may persuade you to move to an eastern state franchise.

Here's the thing...........if you were to move, you would be a part of something that someone else built. It wouldn't really be your success although you might get a shiny medal.

The hallmark of true greatness is to build a winning team out of the dust of despair

The pages of history are dedicated to those that have overcome enormous odds to inspire others to success...........Ghandi, Mandella, Martin Luther King

We think of the Crusaders as a successful franchise. They finished last in the first super rugby tournament. We remember the names that took them to the top. The players that come and go fade into memory, but those that built the foundation of success will live on in peoples memories.

If you stay in the west, you will be paid as well as anywhere else. We understand that money is not a consideration. You will be paid fairly here or anywhere else. Your ability determines that

If you stay in the West, you will be a wallaby. Your ability, dedication and commitment will determine that.

The only thing that could persuade you to leave would be to chase a dream of success.

Western Australia offers you the chance of immortality in Western Australian and Australian rugby. There is no bigger challenge in rugby than making The Force a super rugby champion.

When your career ends, and sadly for all of us it does, you have the chance to reflect on what has been. Many of us have won premierships at various levels which was nice but few of us achieved greatness. We played because we loved it but most of us never lived the dream of childhood. We live the dream through others now.

The Western Force is an opportunity for you to be remembered as "the greatest", a "true champion", an "immortal".

A young man of your integrity, high morals and leadership credentials needs more than a shiny medal. We in the west believe you are destined for greatness and we want you to be part of the Force rising from the ashes like the phoenix.

Genia couldn't leave QLD because he was part of the rise from the dark days of mediocrity to champion. There is no greater feeling in life than becoming great "against all odds".

Movies like "Rocky" have inspired generations.

The intoxicating euphoria of success can only truly come from surviving the darkest hours and rising above the pack against all expectation.

Stay with the Force and build a remarkable story of success and greatness

If you leave, you will be part of someone else's story.

I hope that helps you make a very tough decision.

regards
    Rex
    ______

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2