Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: RugbyWA Statement on Coach

vCash
    The first 'half' is unfair, it's more the first 20 mins when we gift every other team a few easy tries.

On the plus side if we have no coach next year we'll still have a better coach than the reds.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    It hasn't stopped Growden, he reckons Chieka is back in France again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthGirl View Post
    It hasn't stopped Growden, he reckons Chieka is back in France again
    To pack hopefully....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    To pack hopefully....
    I would rather he stayed there.
    He's another of these over hyped mediocre coaches who doesn't do well with a good team and can't develope a bad one.

The one thing I've been hopeful for in this whole fiasco is that it may mean we don't get Cheika!

vCash
    GIVE ME LOUDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    I know this is OFFTOPIC but anyhoo........

Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    There should be a waiting list for corporate sponsors and boxes. .
    You'd expect so given that high profile companies like FMG and BGC and others from the big end of town are supposedly run by Rugby folk. I know we have some great sponsors who do a great deal for the club. But surely there are other large WA companies who could, say, could sponsor an academy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    We gotta stop blaming the ARU and Eastern States for our woes and succeed in spite of them -. Weagles and Dorkers don't blame the Vics for their problems, and so on.

Yes; but let's compare apples with apples. Neither are in "foreign territory" like our guys. The Suns, GWS, Swans and Lions all are. Look at the support they have been afforded. For every dollar "wasted" on an Israel Folau or Carmichael Hunt, the AFL is spending dozens in the junior development area. The base of the pyramid. They are kids who will probably never make it to the AFL but they are tomorrows spectators and pay TV subscribers. Who can watch on FTA now.

The Eagles were given fantastic player concessions when they started - in a footy obsessed state, little wonder they are a success story. In the same State the Dockers are what happens when the parent body throws you in the deep end without a floatie.

The ARL Commission, if they decide to come back here won't likely make the same mistake twice.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I know this is OFFTOPIC but anyhoo........

You'd expect so given that high profile companies like FMG and BGC and others from the big end of town are supposedly run by Rugby folk. I know we have some great sponsors who do a great deal for the club. But surely there are other large WA companies who could, say, could sponsor an academy.

Yes; but let's compare apples with apples. Neither are in "foreign territory" like our guys. The Suns, GWS, Swans and Lions all are. Look at the support they have been afforded. For every dollar "wasted" on an Israel Folau or Carmichael Hunt, the AFL is spending dozens in the junior development area. The base of the pyramid. They are kids who will probably never make it to the AFL but they are tomorrows spectators and pay TV subscribers. Who can watch on FTA now.

The Eagles were given fantastic player concessions when they started - in a footy obsessed state, little wonder they are a success story. In the same State the Dockers are what happens when the parent body throws you in the deep end without a floatie.

The ARL Commission, if they decide to come back here won't likely make the same mistake twice.

We cannot compare apples with apples - ARU are not helping the code here like AFL in Queensland and NSW - we don't like it...but we have to get over it and move on.

eg. Force Gym, and coaching resources are now underutilized until early 2013. Why not sell facilities and resources to Asian unions - Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia etc. Run courses like the IRANZ?

Twiggy, Len and even Kerry are Rugby supporters at heart - but have little time for froth and bubble. Direct a long term specific business plane that addresses Rugby and personal skills development, with expected outcomes, within certain timeframes - think outside the square, generate a high profile.What would appeal to these guys for them to part with a few Mil each year for the next 10 years??

vCash
    you are forgetting something though. Everything your are stating would require people to be proactive something no one is Australian Rugby is, they are just happy to sit on there hands and say its is someone else’s job/problem.

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    The ARL Commission, when they decide to come back here won't likely make the same mistake twice.
    Fixed that up for you

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    On point, that statement was three days too late to look anything but weak. If there were any chance to put a lid on it, it had to happen immediately. In reality though, saying something or nothing was meaningless. They promised a decision last week but there isn't even one this week. Heads roll for less than that level of implied incompetence.

My big problem out of all this is that it really doesn't show RugbyWA in a particularly good light. We had a huge opportunity when the Force came along to put in place a professional organisation where there was nothing before. From Day 1 it was obvious we were going to get resistance from the ES, and probably a sight more than passive. The response should have been to assume no help from them whatsoever and put in place our own structures to take them out of the equation as much as possible.

Instead we seem to have turned over the years into a NSWRU lite, always looking to the ARU for the lead. Could be a few reasons for that, but the big difference is that the ARU does not have our backs. Arguably the best thing that happened to the Reds was to go broke and get the mandate to sweep some of the cobwebs out. We try that though, I doubt the ARU would lift a finger.

I strongly believe that there is nothing the rugby establishment would like more than for the Force to become little more than a development team, never really challenging the status quo. As it stands, it doesn't seem like we aspire to much more either. Maybe there is much going on that we can't see, but there doesn't seem to be any evidence of it on any level of performance and we are about to get another competitor.

vCash
    My worry in all this is the time it has taken (and is still taking) to appoint a new head coach. We should be in a situation where coaches WANT to coach the Force and would jump at the opportunity to do so.

We are meant to be a top class professional sports team in an international competition, arguably the toughest one in world rugby. We need a good coach with proven credentials at this level. I just have a horrible feeling that we have missed out on our primary target and are now chasing 2nd, 3th or even 4th choice!

I know we need to take our time and make sure we get the right person, but the whole process has taken too long and that's what is concerning. Hopefully we'll get an annoucement sometime soon and even better, not just a stop-gap solution.

"How hard can it be?"

Champion
    vCash
    I am a new Force fan (well since last year) and new to the forum. Signing up to be a member for 2013 season. This is worrying me though – has it been the management saying there would be an announcement each week for the last two or again is that just media stories? I am hoping that they appoint a coach that no one had any idea was in the running and prove all these reports were completely false!! False hope?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_harvest View Post
    My worry in all this is the time it has taken (and is still taking) to appoint a new head coach. We should be in a situation where coaches WANT to coach the Force and would jump at the opportunity to do so.

We are meant to be a top class professional sports team in an international competition, arguably the toughest one in world rugby. We need a good coach with proven credentials at this level. I just have a horrible feeling that we have missed out on our primary target and are now chasing 2nd, 3th or even 4th choice!

I know we need to take our time and make sure we get the right person, but the whole process has taken too long and that's what is concerning. Hopefully we'll get an annoucement sometime soon and even better, not just a stop-gap solution.

If RugbyWA had any testicular fortitude to speak of they'd tell the ARU to go ride a seatless bike and go to SANZAR with the premise of starting a Westralian Conference with 3 WA teams, and 2 Japanese.

ARU is the main thing that's holding us back.

vCash
    ^^LOUDEN

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_harvest View Post
    I just have a horrible feeling that we have missed out on our primary target and are now chasing 2nd, 3th or even 4th choice!

I understand where your coming from.. but in my eyes, the 4th choice for me was Cheika. He has done nothing with St Da France / Leinster he took over half way thru the season... He's stats speak for themself and would of been a sh1te choice of coach for a team that needs development and not guidance.

Louden # 1 / Maybe Johnson # 2 or Mulvhill (he Muls know the structure, knows the muppets who runs the show and we "automatically" get Poey to stay, plus he coached the Spirit that had the Spirit of the WA community)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast