Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: RugbyWA Statement on Coach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    I understand where your coming from.. but in my eyes, the 4th choice for me was Cheika. He has done nothing with St Da France / Leinster he took over half way thru the season... He's stats speak for themself and would of been a sh1te choice of coach for a team that needs development and not guidance.

Louden # 1 / Maybe Johnson # 2 or Mulvhill (he Muls know the structure, knows the muppets who runs the show and we "automatically" get Poey to stay, plus he coached the Spirit that had the Spirit of the WA community)
    I'm right with you, Cheika's reputation never set my world alight either! I'm hoping he wasn't even first choice and the media reports are complete rubbish. I'll guess we'll just have to wait and see. Not knowing is the worst.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "How hard can it be?"

Champion
    vCash
    We have the players here in our Community Comp that with leadership, great coaching and development we would be a FORCE.

What is stopping us sending our schoolboys to South Africa to play a few high profile schools in the Easter Holidays 10 weeks before Australian Schoolboys champs. Besides some spending money and airfares it would probably cost less than going to Sydney. Top Schools and/or Unis would billet our boys and at R8.00 to AUD1.00 living expenses would be reasonable. Imagine the enthusiasm of our boys being exposed to a Rugby Culture.

Similarly send the Force boys to Japan for post season tours - same time zone - quality opposition.

Reduce Club comp from 18 weeks regular season to 9, add in games for Force academy and 'A' boys to play combined Club sides, invite one or two Japanese clubs to play Force boys.

Just some ideas out of left field - probably been canvassed by hey... why not put them out there.

Senior Player
    vCash
    As much as it pains me to say it, these are some great ideas Hansie.

You should nominate for the Rugby WA Board and put these things into action.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    We cannot compare apples with apples - ARU are not helping the code here like AFL in Queensland and NSW
    Well...they have belatedly recognised the problem and allowed more player concessions. That aside, I agree that RugbyWA will probably need to thrive in spite of, rather than because of the ARU, at least until best practice governance is (hopefully) in place. But I didn't raise the Eagles as an example. I think that might have been you actually.

What would appeal to these guys for them to part with a few Mil each year for the next 10 years??
    If sponsoring an academy to search for and develop potential WA based Wallabies doesn't get their interest then I'm out of ideas.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    Shasta - same wavelength...

High profile successful entrepeneurs thrive on development, recognition and creating a legacy. Create a business plan outlining a pathway to Wallabies, include in it personal development so that young players have a skill for life after rugby, create more role models like Poey and you'd have to be enthused and at least consider funding or sponsoring such a venture.

vCash
    We have the players here in our Community Comp that with leadership, great coaching and development we would be a FORCE.

What is stopping us sending our schoolboys to South Africa to play a few high profile schools in the Easter Holidays 10 weeks before Australian Schoolboys champs. Besides some spending money and airfares it would probably cost less than going to Sydney. Top Schools and/or Unis would billet our boys and at R8.00 to AUD1.00 living expenses would be reasonable. Imagine the enthusiasm of our boys being exposed to a Rugby Culture.

Similarly send the Force boys to Japan for post season tours - same time zone - quality opposition.

Reduce Club comp from 18 weeks regular season to 9, add in games for Force academy and 'A' boys to play combined Club sides, invite one or two Japanese clubs to play Force boys.

Just some ideas out of left field - probably been canvassed by hey... why not put them out there.
    Great stuff

Time to fark off the Farce franchise and build a WA team

Read "Bounce"

10,000 hours of purposeful practice. Anybody can do it. Good coaching and hours and hours of training. The junior talent is sensational. There is just nowhere for them to go.

The Farce is such a dysfunctional fark up that the best local talent has to go and play for another eastern states franchise

Dead set

Controversy corner

vCash
    We could create a kind of consortium, pool together money and "buy" RugbyWA

What's the procedure for buying not-for-profit organisations? haha

"How hard can it be?"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_harvest View Post
    We could create a kind of consortium, pool together money and "buy" RugbyWA

What's the procedure for buying not-for-profit organisations? haha
    The labour party and we could have Gillard as CEO

May the FORCE be with you!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    The labour party and we could have Gillard as CEO
    That's not funny!!!!!!!! thats painful.....she would stuff the culture within days

vCash

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    I would rather he stayed there.
    He's another of these over hyped mediocre coaches who doesn't do well with a good team and can't develope a bad one.

The one thing I've been hopeful for in this whole fiasco is that it may mean we don't get Cheika!
    I totally agree

Rookie
    vCash
    With Gillard in charge,within a month it would be the only non-profit organisation in the world paying3or4 different types of tax

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Onions, stick your ignorant politics up your arse.

They'll find a whole host of one celled amoebas that will agree with you.

vCash
    Camerades, comerades, please..... keep politics out of this or I shall pray for the lord to send a pestilence upon ye.

Champion
    vCash
    Fulvio - one celled ....solitary confinement????

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4