Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: One more import for Force

vCash

One more import for Force

The Western Force have been given dispensation by the Australian Rugby Union to recruit an extra overseas player to strengthen their playing ranks from next season.

They will now be allowed three foreign players.

The ARU will relax the rules that allow Super Rugby clubs to recruit two foreign players.

Currently they can sign a marquee player who has previously represented his country on a 12-month contract and a developing player who will become eligible for the Wallabies after three years, or two development players.

The Force will now be able to recruit either a marquee and two development players or three development players for next season and maintain three in their squad in the future.

It is understood the other Australian franchises will not get the same dispensation but all supported the ARU move.

_The West Australian _revealed last month that Force pleas for help were likely to be accepted by the ARU board.

Chief executive Vern Reid welcomed the decision: "It is an issue we have been pushing for the best part of a year and will give us an extra arrow in the quiver."

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/spo...ort-for-force/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    “Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Just one? Well, whoopy do!! I'm assuming the Rebels are still allowed 10?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Just one? Well, whoopy do!! I'm assuming the Rebels are still allowed 10?
    The rebels started 2011 with 10 imports, they loose 2 every season so this year they had 8 next year 6 and so on. It was ment to be this way untill they reached 2 which all other teams had. I guess it will be rejigged a bit to be inline with the force.

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Not sure if all 10 spots are used. My issue with the Rabble is they are not bound by the Salary Cap I believe. One extra is enough for us. If the past couple seasons have taught us anything its that we need to biuld some depth through development of our local kids.
    Looks like the Tahs are going to drop Pretorious. They have issues with his passing game. Might be the best available 9 in the market and hopefully him teaming up with Ebersohm re-ignites his form. Everyone who goes to the tahds end up lemons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoolly Doolly View Post
    Not sure if all 10 spots are used. My issue with the Rabble is they are not bound by the Salary Cap I believe. One extra is enough for us. If the past couple seasons have taught us anything its that we need to biuld some depth through development of our local kids.
    Looks like the Tahs are going to drop Pretorious. They have issues with his passing game. Might be the best available 9 in the market and hopefully him teaming up with Ebersohm re-ignites his form. Everyone who goes to the tahds end up lemons.
    They do have to operate under the salary cap. I think the import players (off all clubs) get some kind extra cash which doesnt come under the cap to get them to play here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    They do have to operate under the salary cap. I think the import players (off all clubs) get some kind extra cash which doesnt come under the cap to get them to play here.
    That's right. I think it's only up to 160 grand per year that is under the salary cap for foreign players (maybe that's only for marquee?). Anything above that is not included under the cap. So Nalaga could be being paid over 250 grand, but only 160 grand of that is applicable to the salary cap.

"How hard can it be?"

vCash
    My understanding is that imported players count a set amount against the cap, regardless of what they are actually paid. So the Rebels could pay their imports a fortune, but they'd only count as a nominal figure against the cap.

vCash

Has anyone kept an eye on henkack? Is he in form up north? Actually come to think of it, is he still playing?
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Really? I thought i read somewhere the salary cap doesnt apply to the Rabble because they were a privately owned organization. Mustve read wrong or read fibs.
    Id be interested how they could fit the salaries of JOC, Beale, Higgenbotham and Pocock.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Id be interested how they could fit the salaries of JOC, Beale, Higgenbotham and [B]Pocock.
    What do you know that we don't

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 11-07-12 at 10:11.
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Oops.My bad. The Pocock thing was speculative seeing as they can obviously afford him to put a big offer forward.

vCash
    JOC, Beale, Higgenbotham and Pocock.
    Never mind that; I'm still stumped by how the Reds can hang on to everone but Higgers and they don't even have a marquee or his exemptions.

Oh, my bad. Forgot they're all willing lose dollars to play for the Reds.

"If you didn't care what happenned to me,
    and I didn't care for you............."
    - apologies to Roger Waters.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Has anyone kept an eye on henkack? Is he in form up north? Actually come to think of it, is he still playing?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    He's playing in france for Toulouse with Gits.
    not sure if he's first on or coming off the bench.

May the FORCE be with you!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Posted via Mobile Device
    NOT that is would be wanted, has a very bad rep amongst players in Australia, he was at toulon and had been since he left the force, he however has signed with Bourg-en-Bresse French 2nd Division club for the coming season along with ex Brumbies & Waratahs back row prodigy Jone Tawake.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Radars View Post
    along with ex Brumbies & Waratahs back row prodigy Jone Tawake.
    He really went off his game after he was digitally manipulated

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast