Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Rocky v Dogs

Champion
    vCash
    Dunno how you'll ever stop poaching. I like the idea of no transfers between clubs at the start of the second round. Frankly if you run a good club your players should want to stay, that doesn't stop the odd one or two chancing their luck, but I am not sure there is any other quick fix.

Get better soon Fulvio.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Dunno how you'll ever stop poaching. I like the idea of no transfers between clubs at the start of the second round. Frankly if you run a good club your players should want to stay, that doesn't stop the odd one or two chancing their luck, but I am not sure there is any other quick fix.

Get better soon Fulvio.
    Yeah part of the problem is that a large % of players are fairly new to Perth and have little to no club loyalty, so they go where the $ is.

Apprentice
    vCash
    did i not see the tight head in thirds for wanneroo play in the prems against rocky on friday night, so is that fine to drop 3 grades but not 4 um

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Maybe he went up three grades...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by safe hands View Post
    did i not see the tight head in thirds for wanneroo play in the prems against rocky on friday night, so is that fine to drop 3 grades but not 4 um
    Nope. That was a 3rd grade prop playing 1st grade! In fact 3rd grade lost a lot of players to 2nd grade and didn't have a side so had to call on 4th grade & U20s players to help them out. And due to a high injury count 1st grade ended up with quite a few 2nd grade players and a couple of 3rd graders playing for them on Friday. We had guys playing 2 games on Sat to help other teams out that were struggling for numbers. So kind of the opposite to loading a team. And if Wanneroo have ever had a higher grade player, playing a lower grade, it is simply down to injuries/player availability certainly not some contrived, cynical plan to load a team. And anyway why on earth would we load 3rd grade with 1st grade players? They are bottom...

Last edited by zed; 09-07-12 at 14:35.

Champion
    vCash
    I noticed a similar problem 2 weeks ago when Roo Dogs Reserve grade were begging Under 20's to help field a team. You gotta feel for the Reserve grade players in such a situation and team manager, coach and supporters - that's tough, but bloody admirable the U 20's stood up.

Apprentice
    vCash
    could that have been the same for rocky and other clubs or do you think they were just being sneaky and got noticed

Rookie
    vCash
    Every club needs to function to their strengths - if they have a sugar daddy good luck to them - I wouldn't say no to one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by safe hands View Post
    could that have been the same for rocky and other clubs or do you think they were just being sneaky and got noticed
    I can't speak for 2nd or 3rd grade, but 4th grade Rocky had no injuries, they were down by 10 at halftime and brought on at least 4 first graders. It was pretty blatant. No biggie, I'll still sleep 7.5 hrs tonight, but it's just a bit gay (for lack of a better word). If they really wanted another run, stick them on for 2nd grade, not 4th grade. Anyway we were pretty shit and probably deserved to lose, but I would have preferred to lose to Rocky 4ths instead of a Rocky 1st/4th grade combination.

Last edited by zed; 09-07-12 at 15:16.

vCash
    Phew, this is fun.
    I can remember two or three seasons ago when Rocky played Wanneroo, at Wanneroo, in 1st Grade, and had a terrible run with injuries, meaning a very "patch up" team was sent out.
    Wanneroo felt real sorry for Rocky and fielded a team including 3 Force players and had another two available on the bench.
    Some of those had been enticed from Cottesloe on the previous Thursday night and played for Wanneroo on the Saturday.
    This was at the time when the "Competition Rules" ( joke scoff chortle) stated that a Club could only align three Force players.
    Needless to say, Rocky copped a pasting and also got a player badly injured on an exposed sprinkler on the sub standard field.
    Everyone can have a whine about something if they so wish, I'm afraid it's part of Rugby here in WA and it has been that way for as long as I can remember.

Luv Ya's all!

Champion
    vCash
    And therein lies a problem with this discussion. Those players were playing Premier Grade and not 4th Grade. From memory they were not frontline Force players and they certainly were not "enticed" from Cottesloe. Even if they were then bloody good job. Who wants them at Cottesloe anyway. I would think the ground was out of control of the club. A bit like the old Rockingham ground. Now that was a top quality pitch. Not
    Sure is fun eh

Player
    vCash
    So a player who played 2nd grade and benched for 1st at the beginning of season then has not been down club since turns up sat ask's for a run in 4ths is stacking what a load of shit get your facts right at least rocky put out there seconds not a combined 1st 2nd grade side .

vCash
    Matt Hodson, fringe?

Wah wah wah, need to change your name me thinks!

Rookie
    vCash
    I think you'll find that Hodgson and O'Young were enticed by Wanneroo from Palmyra (not Cottesloe) against the request from Rugby WA at the time for the Force players to be spread evenly throughout the clubs.

O'Young subsequently betrayed Wanneroo and fronted up for Associates just in time for the finals.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Yeah, they had to be spread evenly. Palmyra had an even allocation of Hodgson, O'Young, Hilgendorf, Hardy and, I think, Davidson.

Rockingham had a token Sharpe.

Even when they lost 80% of them, they still had as many as Rockingham, and at least Hardy played a few games for Palmyra.

When it comes to being shafted by RugbyWA, Rockingham have always been the cabin boy of local rugby.

When they can jamb one back I'm all for it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast