Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nathan Sharpe: Tears will flow at my last Force game

vCash

Nathan Sharpe: Tears will flow at my last Force game

I don't imagine a tear will roll down my eye as the whistle blows for the last home game with my beloved Emirates Western Force.

I can assure you however, that there will be plenty leading up to the time I run on to the pitch and more than likely a few more afterwards.

It seems so long ago that the team ran out to sing the national anthem at Subiaco before our first game in 2006, ironically against the Brumbies who we face on Saturday.

John Welborn was singing Advance Australia Fair wildly out of key, a baby-faced Richard Brown was still wet behind his then uncauliflowered ears and a 17-year-old man-child, David Pocock, was sitting in the stands waiting his turn.

I am not skilled enough at writing to put into words the emotion I have around the approaching game against the Brumbies.

So much passion rushes through me whenever I think of our club and the immense support we have received from day one, an unrelenting passion that sees the same faces each week turn up no matter what the circumstances.

Cheering us even when the chips have been down and never going away - a bit like Matty Hodgson really.

It's not even that unwavering support that makes me love the Force. It's all the people involved in and around the club that try and make it the best place it can be.

For me, it has been a labour of love so to speak. My only disappointment over the seven years is that I couldn't be on the field when we taste real, consistent success.

I'll probably be standing next to Scotty Staniforth or Luke Doherty sipping on a cold one when that happens.

I will remember the highs like the Hurricanes win after full-time in 2007, beating the Bulls at Loftus Versfeld the next season, David Hill's last-minute drop goal at home against the table-topping Stormers or smacking the Reds this year at home.

Sure, there have been a few lows, I can't avoid stating that, but I learnt how to handle many situations and if those lessons are well heeded, the club will only get stronger from them. My time in the jersey is coming to an end but I was only there to contribute to a bigger picture.

The Western Force are bigger than any individual could ever be and I am proud to have been lucky enough to represent this place.

What does running out for the last time in front of the sea of blue mean?

I guess it means I will never again experience a feeling quite the same that you, our supporters, have given me, or that my teammates have done over the years.

There have been hard-fought wins and close losses, massive highs with tough lows. All tremendous memories. Most importantly however, it means just being involved with great people.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/spo...st-force-game/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    “Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Onya Sharpie

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    A legend in our lifetime

And thank you Sharpie for giving us your all, week in and week out, and making union a reality in Perth.

I am not skilled at writing and cannot express my heartfelt gratitude to Sharpie, so all I will say,

THANK YOU for everything you did for us in Perth, and we wish you all the success in the future and enjoy your family time you deserve nothing less.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    All hail Sharpie - we're going to miss you

Laugh and the world laughs with you.......
    ......cry and you'll weaken your beer

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    We gotta get a part of nib Stadium named after Sharpie.

Or a Statue of the great man out front.

How do you say thank you to a man that has given us so much?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    It will never be the same with out you mate!
    You have given your all and The Sea of Blue will never forget you.
    May The be with you.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    All I can do is concur with the comments made by other members. Good luck Sharpie and thank you for the last six years they have been awsome

vCash
    Such a legend.

He may not be shedding a tear at the final whistle on Saturday, but I will shedding buckets of them

Thanks for everything Sharpie xxx

vCash
    I've got a mini revolt on my hands. We booked a trip to Exmouth 12 months ago on the assumption that the season would be over by now. Fair to say the little KQs are not too happy that 1. They will miss the last home game of the season; and worse, 2. That they will miss Sharpie's last game. I have created monsters.

However, our spots will not go unfilled - others will take our place. I hope it is a "sell-out" and that Sharpie's last home game in Force colours is a memorable one for many good reasons.

Onya Sharpie!

PS I have convinced the monsters that it will not be Sharpie's last game in Perth - I can only pray he's back in September.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    I swear to support The Force
    The Whole Force
    And nothing but The Force
    So help me Nathan

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KenyaQuin View Post
    I've got a mini revolt on my hands. We booked a trip to Exmouth 12 months ago on the assumption that the season would be over by now. Fair to say the little KQs are not too happy that 1. They will miss the last home game of the season; and worse, 2. That they will miss Sharpie's last game. I have created monsters.

However, our spots will not go unfilled - others will take our place. I hope it is a "sell-out" and that Sharpie's last home game in Force colours is a memorable one for many good reasons.

Onya Sharpie!

PS I have convinced the monsters that it will not be Sharpie's last game in Perth - I can only pray he's back in September.
    My partner thinks we are going to an engagement party on sat night...i have news for her

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Gonna be a mad dash from Cockburn Central - don't knock off 'til 5. But nothing can keep us from making it. Thanks for everything big fella.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    My partner thinks we are going to an engagement party on sat night...i have news for her
    Uh oh!! Hope you've got lots of brownie points stored up!!

(a.k.a. Mr Pinkbits) Stone Cold's Avatar
    vCash
    Sharpie = legend.

coz Stone Cold says so

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf1 View Post
    All I can do is concur with the comments made by other members. Good luck Sharpie and thank you for the last six years they have been awsome
    It's been seven years Elf, or are you not thanking him for this year...

I'm driving 900 kms so as not to miss Sharpie's last game - was there for the beginning so can't possibly miss the end. And will be bringing a pocketful of tissues and wearing smudgeproof mascara.
    I'm going to miss his reliability, his wit, his blue eyes and all the rest aswell.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast