Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: rockingham rumblings

Apprentice
    vCash
    well said bunter am only passing on my third hand whispers,by all reports the new committee making serious headway and the club looking much more stable especially finance wise which can only be good,but my third hand info again tells me lots of negativity from some quarters to said new committee

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    There always will be negativity 'from some quarters' if you worry about that you won't achieve anything other than keeping your butt in office.

Refer Australian politics over the last ten or so years for an example.

C'mon the

Apprentice
    vCash
    Ruckman, does the white-anting extend to the cancellation of the 40th anniversary dinner?

Apprentice
    vCash
    havent heard anything please elaborate

vCash
    I believe that the planned, somewhat elaborate and extravagant 40th Anniversary night has been cancelled and may be replaced by a scaled down version at some time.
    This particular event was not well patronised by older club persons, or by the players, or by many club members at all.
    A very small amount of tickets were sold, and at $150 each person, and with the mandatory wife's hairdo and new dress, I think that put the event out of reach financially for many.

Personally, I have two major issues with the Club and I have made my choice on those.

That does not mean I do not support the RRUFC, as it will be around long after me, or many of the present people involved.
    I wish the present committee well and hope that their enthusiasm remains past the short term.

Rookie
    vCash
    What's happened to kalamunda ? Alot of smoke over the summer but no fire
    Posted via Mobile Device

Senior Player
    vCash
    Kala are putting teams on the paddock each week and competing reasonably well in some grades. Behind the scenes a bit of a vacuum of volunteers so the club is finding it difficult to move forward. Treading water at best.

Finding good volunteers is the single most important issue for community rugby clubs. Even the western suburbs clubs are finding life tougher in this regard. People are time poor and more selfish than in yesteryear.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    Kala are putting teams on the paddock each week and competing reasonably well in some grades. Behind the scenes a bit of a vacuum of volunteers so the club is finding it difficult to move forward. Treading water at best.

Finding good volunteers is the single most important issue for community rugby clubs. Even the western suburbs clubs are finding life tougher in this regard. People are time poor and more selfish than in yesteryear.
    C'mon RM I wouldn't say selfish, there's plenty of good volunteers about, but, these days the political "bs", and poor management of what is a free asset at some clubs forces you to say "&!*6 it , and a lot of people go back to a "normal" life, or limit their exposure to what is a toxic environment. Check out some clubs after the final whistle, room for full rotation of expired felines.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Ralto, some of what you say is true however I would contend that administering a rugby club in 2012 is far more complex than it was previously.

The work that volunteers undertake and particularly in some of the key roles such as Secretary, Treasurer, Registrar and President is significant as clubs struggle with increased imposition of admin from the ARU, Rugby WA and the local council that they lease their grounds from etc.

As community rugby moves towards a semi professional mode the complexities also increase as clubs need the funds to support this.

No room for politics or egos or your volunteers walk which is I think the point you were making.

My observation is that people are far less "giving" than in previous generations and avoid or straight out refuse to contribute to a volunteer run club. These people are usually the first to whinge and walk.

If clubs could get beyond the same 5 good people running them to say 20 people in the structure then rugby would flourish and clubs would be more robust in the tough times.

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    "Personally, I have two major issues with the Club and I have made my choice on those."

Bunter, they wouldn't be those two stab wounds in your back by any chance?

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Or could it be the two Cardy boys?

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Piss off, Darkness.

It's a sad day for you when Rumour Monger appears to be the voice of sanity by comparison.

vCash
    Haha love it Darkness.

Can honestly say I have not felt any knives in the back although I'm sure there are some out there that would be happy to implant some.

I started winding down my involvement with the Club a couple of years ago after many years of involvement, and I must say, I encountered many troublesome times, but very much enjoyed my time at Rockingham.

As far as the "Cardy Boys", I am only aware of one, and let me make it clear that I have the highest regard for him.

Over many years he and his family have given up countless hours, and dipped into his pocket many times to support the Club, and if there were a few more like them, Rockingham would be a great club. A lot of the criticism directed at him has come from people who I would call uninformed dropkicks.

I think we have to also put things into perspective and realise that there are many people who have dedicated themselves to the Club for periods of 20-40 years.
    It's a bit rich sometimes for these long standing members and supporters to have to cop criticism from persons who have only been involved for 2-3 years.

For the good of he Club, it is better to have everyone work together for the common goal, rather than the "them and us" attitude some are happy to promote.

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    I have only two words to say to you Fulvio: Go Neddies!

Champion
    vCash
    Bunter, Mr Cardy would be one of the most passionate, hardworking President's any club would love to have on board.

There are some people Rugby cannot afford to lose, let alone Rugby in W.A. and Rocky. He is one of them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast