Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Dom Shipperley and other Reds.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Harris has signed with Reds, we had several atempts to lure him West to no avail
    does no-one read any more?

TOCC - you have him, we tried, LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS

forget your G&G rugby gibberish and listen to the people in the know - InnFORCEer's!!!!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    does no-one read any more?

TOCC - you have him, we tried, LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS

forget your G&G rugby gibberish and listen to the people in the know - InnFORCEer's!!!!!
    No he is off contract at the end of this year...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    ...Unless the Force have spilt the beans on another province signing a player...
    hehehehe good one TOCC, I was in need of a good laugh because its Monday %)

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Thats quite an impressive squad isn't it but a few flaws in your argument..

Harris, F'Sautia, Shipperly, Davies, Frisbee and Seuteni haven't re-signed for 2013, granted having a halves combo of Genia-Cooper makes it more attractive for a outside back to remain though.

So the real question is, why aren't the Force making more of an effort to sign some of these players, like F'Sautia, Frisbee or Seuteni?
    Because we need a really good 12, haven't got much room in the squad for an outside back or a 9

Perhaps the reds knew that when they made the signings and are hoping to get a bargain on them knowing the other squads' needs

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Perhaps the reds knew that when they made the signings and are hoping to get a bargain on them knowing the other squads' needs
    Potentially... But i think the more likely reason is that the Reds wanted to re-sign their core 'halves combo' and inside backs before worrying about the outside backs...

I'd arguably say this ranking system below is the level of importance of those players to the team and subsequent emphasis on re-signings.

1. 5/8
    2. Halfback
    3. Inside Centre
    4. Fullback
    5. Outside Centre
    6. Wings

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Thats quite an impressive squad isn't it but a few flaws in your argument..

Harris, F'Sautia, Shipperly, Davies, Frisbee and Seuteni haven't re-signed for 2013, granted having a halves combo of Genia-Cooper makes it more attractive for a outside back to remain though.

So the real question is, why aren't the Force making more of an effort to sign some of these players, like F'Sautia, Frisbee or Seuteni?
    How do you know they aren't?

We probably can't afford to have both UJ Seuteni and Kyle Godwin in our squads. You'd have to go with Godwin for numerous reasons on that one. Be great to have UJ in the EPS though.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    i give up..

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    No, he re-signed with the Reds months ago - FACT

If he had not already re-signed TOCC, every hack on the East Coast would by now have him tied to the Rebels, Tahs or Brumbies depend on what kind of news day it was.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    No, he re-signed with the Reds months ago - FACT

If he had not already re-signed TOCC, every hack on the East Coast would by now have him tied to the Rebels, Tahs or Brumbies depend on what kind of news day it was.
    So Michael Harris literally re-signed with the Reds months ago?

I guess this article from last month is just nonsense then... Sure things could have progressed since..

Q) You are off contract at the end of Super Rugby season, are you negotiating your next deal yet?

A) I haven't been doing any negotiating at all. My manager is looking at some things but it's very early on and I'm not concerned about it yet.
    ----------

Q) Is it a decision you will leave until the end of the season?

A) No, not necessarily. It's in the back of my mind now, but negotiating a contract can affect your form and if I start getting too involved at the moment it might distract me.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/q...-1226347220188

vCash
    Regardless if he has signed then i guess that just another endorsement in the current Reds system and helps build the quality of depth at the Reds for future years.

vCash
    So Michael Harris literally re-signed with the Reds months ago?

I guess this article from last month is just nonsense then... Sure things could have progressed since..
    Just because it's been "quoted" in the press doesn't mean it's true or even vaguely true.

vCash
    article is May 5th, its now June 26th. Getting close to "months ago".

The point TOCC is I dont believe for one second any player will willingly give up $Xk just to play for his "beloved" jersey or team mates. Not going to happen. That mentality is harking back to the good old days of amateurism and has no place in the modern professional world. They are out to get as much as they can as quick as they can, and good on them. All the other blather is a mechanism to pressure/chisel as much out of their existing or future team as they can.

A guy like Taps or even Harris would have been offered much more than they were getting at the Reds by Force and Rabble, the only scenario that fits is getting extra 3rd party payments or salary cap breaches (or both).

A guy like Judas saying he went to Rabble for his brand and improving his rugby (similar arguments to love of the jersey by not mentioning the money) was complete crap. They threw the kitchen sink at him, and the Force cancelled negotiations (after he verbally agreed to remain) when he suddenly introduced the infamous KPIs (so much for loving your team mates).

There is not the slightest hope in hell that Genia is on any less TOTAL money at the Reds as he was offered by the Force. He would have been offered more to go overseas, but at this point I think wobbly selection is still on his agenda. The moment its not he will be off like a shot, too roo beloved Reds. Same with Cooper, and that might be sooner than later if Deans doesn't select him.

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post

The point TOCC is I dont believe for one second any player will willingly give up $Xk just to play for his "beloved" jersey or team mates. Not going to happen. That mentality is harking back to the good old days of amateurism and has no place in the modern professional world. They are out to get as much as they can as quick as they can, and good on them. All the other blather is a mechanism to pressure/chisel as much out of their existing or future team as they can.

A guy like Taps or even Harris would have been offered much more than they were getting at the Reds by Force and Rabble, the only scenario that fits is getting extra 3rd party payments or salary cap breaches (or both).

A guy like Judas saying he went to Rabble for his brand and improving his rugby (similar arguments to love of the jersey by not mentioning the money) was complete crap. They threw the kitchen sink at him, and the Force cancelled negotiations (after he verbally agreed to remain) when he suddenly introduced the infamous KPIs (so much for loving your team mates).

There is not the slightest hope in hell that Genia is on any less TOTAL money at the Reds as he was offered by the Force. He would have been offered more to go overseas, but at this point I think wobbly selection is still on his agenda. The moment its not he will be off like a shot, too roo beloved Reds. Same with Cooper, and that might be sooner than later if Deans doesn't select him.
    I will never begrudge a player that chases their true market value, good on them, they have limited careers and are one injury away from retirement.

However what you have just said is nothing more then speculation and reflective of a person who has a serious chip on their shoulder.

Of course Genia was going to sign for less then what he was been offered at the Force, if you don't think this is true then i suggest you have a realistic evaluation of the current position of the Force as opposed to the Reds and then add in other factors like family and friends.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthChicka View Post
    Just because it's been "quoted" in the press doesn't mean it's true or even vaguely true.
    A quote's a quote.

vCash
    An integral part of any financial offer is the proverbial " bigger picture". Irrespective of what is offered in cold hard cash, one has to consider the future earnings that may come from areas outside of the rugby contact. This includes WAG career and earnings. It may well transpire that offspring are well settled in good schools and moving to far away schools could jeopardize the Billy lids education. Contacts with local business community identities, which could lead to opportunities post rugby carreer may be jeopardized. Who's to say that "love of the team song" is merely a metaphor for I might be better off staying where I am for long term prosperity.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast