Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Joondalup Arena Secure Western Force / Japan Matches

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

Exclamation Joondalup Arena Secure Western Force / Japan Matches

Joondalup Rugby Union Football Club chairman, Kevin Russell, announced today that in conjunction with Arena Community Sports and Recreation Association (also chaired by Kevin) and Arena Joondalup – that two high profile matches against visiting Japanese Top League teams, Yamaha and Toshiba, will be played at Arena Joondalup in July and August.

"This development acknowledges the growth in Rugby Union in the area and heralds a whole new era for Rugby Union in the Northern corridor…We are delighted and very excited about the future prospects of further matches by the Western Force and other representative teams at the Arena Joondalup."

Kevin said, "The Arena Joondalup is a superb facility and a very convenient venue that can accommodate up to 20,000 fans. Moreover it is easily accessible by train or the Mitchell freeway".

Matches are scheduled as follows:
    Saturday 15 July - Western Force v Toshiba - Kick Off: 20:00
    Saturday 12 August - Western Force v Yamaha - Kick Off: 19:00

Ticketing, final start times and other event information will be supplied in the coming weeks. Watch this space for updates!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    gouse....just staggering distance from home

Senior Player
    vCash
    Oh I am going to need 70 bottle of fly spray, a few suitcases and some Anti-Bacterial tablets in case I get contaminated.

Since I have to head up to the dump that Joondalup and the north is.

Arena Joondalup is HORRIBLE for rectangular sports.

Not happy...

vCash
    and with just a short walk to the Leederville station on the Joondalup train line, well - you know the rest...

These are gonna be a couple of great games - lets see if we can't fill the place up!!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach
    and with just a short walk to the Leederville station on the Joondalup train line, well - you know the rest...

These are gonna be a couple of great games - lets see if we can't fill the place up!!
    Might need to drown my sorrows.

Good idea Coach.

Just when we get to Crapoondalup, we have to make our way through dodgy planning...going through a shopping centre carpark.

vCash
    Is that a bit of north/south conflict there Egan, or an unbiased constructive reporting?

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan
    Might need to drown my sorrows.

Good idea Coach.

Just when we get to Crapoondalup, we have to make our way through dodgy planning...going through a shopping centre carpark.

Egan - for someone who takes the time for writing good posts about Stadia your standards have dropped alarmingly. Why dont you delete this and write something a bit more appropriate

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Senior Player
    vCash
    Sorry mate, I say it how it is...I think Joondalup is a shocking place for the Force to go and play...

I will be at Rushton doing work experience as I do every peel thunder home game, anywhere central would be fine and wouldnt have to rush to the game if it was at Joondalup.

I do not like the city, I think the conflict of interest with the head of Arena Community and Sports Recreation being the head of Joondalup Rugby Union.

When you go and watch how diabolical the atmosphere is, the traffic congestion after the games, the fact that the train station is a good 15 minute walk from Arena Joondalup.

This venue proved so unpopular with Perth Glory fans, and the ground was basically packed with 9000 people...with 20,000 people - Say goodbye to creature comforts!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    will require some fine timing....the 19th is the day of the All Blacks game as well..

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Sorry mate, I say it how it is...I think Joondalup is a shocking place for the Force to go and play...

I will be at Rushton doing work experience as I do every peel thunder home game, anywhere central would be fine and wouldnt have to rush to the game if it was at Joondalup.

I do not like the city, I think the conflict of interest with the head of Arena Community and Sports Recreation being the head of Joondalup Rugby Union.

When you go and watch how diabolical the atmosphere is, the traffic congestion after the games, the fact that the train station is a good 15 minute walk from Arena Joondalup.

This venue proved so unpopular with Perth Glory fans, and the ground was basically packed with 9000 people...with 20,000 people - Say goodbye to creature comforts!
    Thank you Egan - that makes a lot more sense. Not everyone reading this site lives in Perth. Some have never even been to Perth.

Sorry to come down on you so hard.

Exile
    Sydney

Senior Player
    vCash
    No problemo.

You won't get very far if you hold a grudge on internet forums...which most people from time to time have with me.

Theres a lot of North v South Rivalry in me, its to do with my self-confessed huge chip on my shoulder.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    chip on my shoulder.

I had a chip on my shoulder once - had something to do with me missing my mouth

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm chips

enough of this, back to the

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry
    will require some fine timing....the 19th is the day of the All Blacks game as well..
    It's a good thing neither game is on the 19th then eh!

15th July is the Wallabies v Bok game at Suncorp though - 6:00pm Perth time kick off. With an 8:00pm kick off between Force and Toshiba, should be able to squeeze in both games! Nice

vCash
    There are many Rugby people in the Northern corridor and elsewhere. who would of course not share Egan's jaundiced and myopic view.

And few would be devasted to miss out on his obvious lack of wisdom and good manners if he somehow found the good grace to simply not attend.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Sorry, Arena Joondalup is just not up to scratch for rectangular sports...the people on this forum will see likewise...20,000 will be a HUGE stretch.

I have been to the venue numerous times, its traffic polocies are diabolical, its train station is in the worst place imaginable and I doubt the need to go all the way to the north to cater for one area only.

Would have been much better if we had one game in Joondalup and one in Mandurah, but even then Rushton Park is also not suitable.

The traffic conditions will be horrible.

I don't think the Force made a wise decision.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast