Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Norton-Knight to join Force

vCash
    fair dinkum! how about we wait until he's played at least one game before we light the torches?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    I think certain people are being extremely critical. I think he is a great signing. If i could sign one player in the world it would be O'connor unfournately we had him now hes fucked off for double the pay but with that in mind the western force should be throwing the kitchen sink at Chris Feauai-Sautia i am sure that he would sign offer him every bit of game time aswell as more money although its not the most respectfull thing to do. But he would grow so much play him on the wing and develop him into a fullback then you dont only have this ultra talented kid but i versatille brilliant kid. He is the one we have to sign. sorry for any spelling mistakes my keyboards pretty messed up.

vCash
    We must stop running ourselves and our players down and take off the blinkers.

This is how rugby365 a South African rugby site view the acquisition;

Force in Wallaby Coup

I am excited, we are not only building a squad, but more important Poey must be having a hand in them, therefore it is getting unlikely the captain will abandon the ship, especially if he is helping select his mates.

Rock on 2013

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    I welcome any player who has at least an ounce of talent and a ton of committment to the Force. If Sam wants to show us what he can do, and can back it up week after week, then he's more than welcome in my books. Not sure how long we can put off recruiting - no point opening up the cheque book in November when the talent pool has emptied

vCash
    I think SNK will be a decent acquisition for the Force, he still has a few years left in him and he was a pretty good Super Rugby player back in his time at the Waratahs, he also provides depth in the crucial area of 5/8 and adds a additional playmaker to the Force back line which was desperately needed.

As for Chris Feauai-Sautia, i suspect the Force may have already missed the boat on that one, he wasn't promoted straight into a full contract from school for nothing, Link wants to sink his claws into that guy and keep him.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Norton-Knight has been a force man since way back in 2007! He'll be a handy tool in the chest ...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8UqzlMSTto"]Tuqiri shoves Norton-Knight - YouTube[/ame]

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    It just shows the fine line between fame and a fart. It was quick thinking and was just the one player who foiled SNK. If he scored the try he would have been a hero.

The other one I recall was Dane HP and the tricky touch the ball on the foot against Queensland a few years back, if he had of pulled it off and scored a length of field try he would have been hailed a genius.

vCash
    I'm not really into bagging players, coaches etc but re SKN, it just seems the Force don't really seem on the ball when it comes to recruiting. To be finals pretenders we need players that are of international standard. Typically most teams in the super 15 top 4 are brimming with players who are either internationals or are good enough to be internationals. But the Force recruit, has beens and could have beens and then we complain when we finish in the bottom 3. He could prove to be a useful recruit, as a backup player. But I fear he'll end up starting at 15 and then when the shit hits the fan and we get injuries he'll be slotted in as a make shift 10.. and we're back to the same old problem.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    of course,the Brumbies are the exception to the above rule:top four,not brimming with stars,with #3 choice at 10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    of course,the Brumbies are the exception to the above rule:top four,not brimming with stars,with #3 choice at 10
    Hence the reason I used the words 'typically' and 'most'.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    Hence the reason I used the words 'typically' and 'most'.
    Dammit Zed, poor form.....you know this is a place for sweeping generalizations and uninformed hyperbole!

C'mon the

Perth via Pittsburgh USA via London England
    vCash
    I hope SKN brings his skull cap to the team, he looks horrendous in it and that alone is worthy of a place on the team. Plus we desperately need a positional kicker to give us field advantage. He may not be the most skilled in other areas but I do remember him being excellent at kick placement. Hope japan hasn't blunted that weapon in his limited arsenal.

You can scratch my back with a hacksaw!

Senior Player Contributor WF2006's Avatar
    vCash
    NO - we should have signed up the OTHER 28 year old Australians with Super Rugby (and a little Wallaby) experience who are off contract and can cover 10, 12 and 15.....oh, wait......there aren't that many out there!

Not sure what some here think the recruiters can do:
    if we pick up a star - we're spending too much on an ego
    if we pick up a middle of the road "solid" player - the recruiters have "lost their way"
    if we pick up a no-name - we should have got a star!

its NOT ALL bad guys

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WF2006 View Post
    NO - we should have signed up the OTHER 28 year old Australians with Super Rugby (and a little Wallaby) experience who are off contract and can cover 10, 12 and 15.....oh, wait......there aren't that many out there!

Not sure what some here think the recruiters can do:
    if we pick up a star - we're spending too much on an ego
    if we pick up a middle of the road "solid" player - the recruiters have "lost their way"
    if we pick up a no-name - we should have got a star!

its NOT ALL bad guys
    Good point.

vCash
    Who'd want to come here anyway, no coach, a poor record we're hardly the first, second or tenth choice on a list of teams to go to.

We'll get the scraps for years to come yet.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast