Thread: Quokkas Strike Again!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash

Quokkas Strike Again!

Will these blighted pests never cease to wreak havoc on the WA community and the reputations of it's members?

Not content with almost destroying the rugby careers of Force vice captain Fava and up and coming flanker Brown, the quokkas have now struck again, making unsubstantiated allegations of inappropriate conduct between one of their number and a well known local identity.

At the time of writing it is not known if the allegations involve the lifting of shirts or chairs, or whom they are being deseminated by, but it is known they are being vehemently denied.

It is time we eradicated this looming menace before it engulfs us all.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Are saying that Innocent Quokka is not so innocent??

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    you'd trust a chair-sniffing, bra-snapping politician before you'd trust a cute little quokka like me?

vCash
    Chair sniffer Troy buswell denies quokka abuse | The Daily Telegraph

By Warwick Stanley

May 14, 2008 12:00am

EMBATTLED Western Australian Opposition Leader Troy Buswell says there is "absolutely no substance" to reports he once did something inappropriate to a quokka.

The Liberals leader, who has admitted to sniffing the chair of a former party colleague and snapping the bra of a Labor staffer, was questioned about rumours he mistreated one of the small marsupials found on Rottnest Island, a holiday spot off Perth.

It followed the sacking from the frontbench yesterday of former leader Paul Omodei, who said recently there would be "more stories" to emerge about Mr Buswell and that his leadership would "die the death of a thousand cuts". EDIT: ever wonder why they call my Nigel 'the knife' ???

Mr Buswell said he did not believe any Liberal Party MPs were responsible for leaking rumours about the quokka.

He said on the occasions he had been made aware of the reports, journalists had "in passing mentioned the word quokka".

"I'm not going to comment on it," he said. "All I've heard is people use the word quokka and then smile and laugh.

"I'm just not interested to be honest with you.

"Members of the press have in passing mentioned the word quokka and suggested to me that something inappropriate in the past may have happened.

"Nothing has, absolutely nothing."

Mr Buswell said he had no idea how the rumour had started, but a spokesman for Mr Buswell later said he understood it had originally been posted on a website blog.

The blog, posted on January 20 this year, states that the "bra-strap snapping incident wasn't a one-off".

It said there was a rumour "doing the rounds" about "a videotape of Buswell and other plastered Libs playing 'quokka-soccer'."

Mr Buswell's spokesman said if blogs were to be the basis of news stories, he could point to "a few rippers".

"As I understand it that blog is the source of the joke/rumour," he said.

"It appears a kind of Chinese whispers has occurred and now it will be prime time TV news. Amazing and disappointing."

Mr Buswell said he had never done anything to cause offence to a quokka.

"I have absolutely no idea about these stories of quokkas on Rottnest," he said.

"I'm not being backward in saying that I'm not a perfect individual and you know I've had a robust past and there may be elements of that that have proved offensive to people.

"I don't shy away away from that at all, but I'm not aware that I've caused any offence to a quokka."

Quokkas have been targets of abuse before, with former Wallabies rugby backrower Scott Fava fined last year for mistreating one of the marsupials during a drunken incident on Rottnest.

Mr Omodei could not be contacted to comment on claims that he had raised the quokka issue at a party room meeting to decide the Liberal leadership.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by innocent quokka View Post
    you'd trust a chair-sniffing, bra-snapping politician before you'd trust a cute little quokka like me?
    Not really the right question (in this context) unless you are aka Matty Hayden (no, not the cricketer).

Troy Buswell quokka-kicking scandal matthayden.blog-city.com
    Thursday, 15 May 2008 1:19 A GMT+10
    I hate to ruin the fun for all those enjoying the latest "revelations" about Troy Buswell. But this rumor that he beat the bejesus out of a quokka is utter crap. And I know it's utter crap because I made it up and posted it to this blog!

Yep, a while ago, when the Buswell scandals started, I wrote what I thought was a very clearly tongue-in-cheek story. I'd call it a verbal cartoon.

But clearly a case of blogosphere Chinese whispers has resulted, and it's now a white hot national headline.

To Troy Buswell: If you're reading this, my heartfelt apologies. Read my recent posts and you'll see, I'm definitely not one of the people relishing your recent troubles.

My take on the feeding frenzy going on in the west is that if you're gonna sledge Buswell, then you should sledge Carpenter as well. The fact that many have not is the real story, I reckon.

I thought that most people reading blogs were discerning. Obviously not.

To the person who went mainstream with what was clearly a gag I have these two responses:

If you didn't get the gag, you need to get out more.

If you did get the gag, and wilfully misinterpreted it to give Buswell more grief, then you're right down there below quokkas on the food chain. You're a rat. And if you cross my path, I'll take pleasure in kicking you!

Still, I've gotta say, it's all pretty funny. Fact that this has happened says heaps about the meeja.
    Lets put it to rest.

vCash
    Aw, come on. Never let the truth get in the way of a good story!

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tragic View Post
    Aw, come on. Never let the truth get in the way of a good story!
    Just like the fat-man, Growden.

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    Exactly So who's offering to be Chief Quokka Correspondent?

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    Anybody interested in trying to top the Quokka kicking story with something even more ridiculous just to see if the media bite?

C'mon the

vCash
    There is no such thing as an innocent quokka. They are evil, maligning, malevolent creatures who have undone many good men in their time of weakness. The only good quokka is a soccer ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Anybody interested in trying to top the Quokka kicking story with something even more ridiculous just to see if the media bite?
    Well, there is the story of the Rockingham school teacher and the Shetland pony...

But maybe that's not implausable enough...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Buswell Commits to a Rectalgular Stadium

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David