Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach search

Rookie
    vCash
    Personally,I'm glad Genia didn't come over.I would had to pretend I liked him and lived a lie.He's got that same smarmy,bullshit smile that Horans got. Stay in Qld and rot under the pile of rubbish you've got for a new coach I say.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Don't mince words onions, say what you really feel!

C'mon the

vCash

Mckenzie linked to tahs.

Interesting

Pipe dream ... The Tahs would almost have to crawl back to McKenzie for him take the reins again. Source: News Limited
    Ewen McKenzie has emerged as a potential wildcard for New South Wales Waratahs' head coach position if the under-performing Super Rugby franchise decides to replace the embattled Michael Foley.

To view this content ensure that Adobe Flash Player version10.0.0 or greater is installed.

Waratahs chairman Ed Zemancheff confirmed at the weekend that Foley's position would be reviewed during the Super Rugby break over the next three weeks and there is already speculation his time is up.

The Waratahs' disappointing 33-12 loss, a record sixth straight, to the Hurricanes in front of just 13,372 fans in Sydney on Saturday night has almost guaranteed there will be changes at NSW next year.

This is now the worst Waratahs team in the history of Super Rugby and someone will be held accountable.

It is understood that powerful figures in NSW rugby are lobbying hard for Michael Cheika to take over the reins. But McKenzie would also receive strong support from certain quarters at the Waratahs if he expressed an interest in returning to the job he held from 2004 to 2008.

McKenzie is the most successful Waratahs coach in Super Rugby history, guiding NSW to the final in 2006 and 2008, losing to the Robbie Deans-coached Crusaders on both occasions.

After being shown the door at the Waratahs, McKenzie had an unsuccessful stint with French club Stade Francais before returning to Australia to transform Queensland Reds from provincial also-rans to Super Rugby champions in the space of just two seasons.

While McKenzie has coached in France and Queensland over the past four years, his family has remained in Sydney and it is understood he is keen to move back to the Harbour City.

McKenzie's main goal is to succeed Deans as Wallabies coach, but a return to the Waratahs might suit him, as well.

Imagine the sense of vindication McKenzie would feel if the Waratahs asked him to come back.

And remember, McKenzie is not coaching the Reds next year, Richard Graham is, as McKenzie moves into the newly created director of coaching role.

But there are potential obstacles to McKenzie returning to the Waratahs, including the presence of NSW officials who chose not to re-sign him in 2008.

Like most successful coaches, McKenzie would want to do it his way.

Sources say McKenzie and chief executive Jim Carmichael virtually run the Reds together, locked away in a section of Ballymore, which is referred to as the "West Wing" by QRU staff.

Whether the Waratahs would agree to this kind of set-up remains to be seen, but Cheika would most likely have the same approach.

After coaching Sydney club Randwick, Cheika's career has been entirely in Europe where he guided Irish province Leinster to its maiden Heineken Cup in 2008-09.

Succeeding McKenzie at Stade Francais, Cheika struggled to turn the French club around.

Cheika has been in discussions with Western Force over its vacant head coaching job, along with former Ireland coach Eddie O'Sullivan, former Wallabies assistant Scott Johnson and former Brumbies assistant Matt O'Connor.

This means there will be a number of good candidates around if the Waratahs decide to let Foley go.

Foley is in the first of a three-year contract with the Waratahs and it is very unusual for a coach to be sacked after only one year.

The Waratahs have had a lot of injuries this season to key players and have lost seven games by seven points or fewer, including three by just one point.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Mckenzie wouldn't touch the tahs with a ten foot pole if he's smart......surely he realizes the biggest problem with the tahs is the board, who demand that they be successful, and play running rugby, but also demand all sorts of other Sydney club rugby bullshit occur which makes the former impossible.

The culture at the tahs is shite, worse than the current malaise at the force. Sure, they need a coach of that type, but I can't see it working (I was wrong with Jake White and the Brumbies though)

Tahs are more likely to get Cheika, given that Robbie Deans will be in a dole queue at the end of 2013.

C'mon the

vCash
    Maybe Dingo's applying for the force.
    Cheika would probably prefer the tahs to the force though.
    I just wish they would give us some idea about what's going on. Would make us all feel a bit better about were the Force is going.
    But I can understand its all hush hush.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    I still can't believe that the Reds have annointed RG as Ewen's successor. Suckers!!!

vCash
    That article is once again made up balderdash, using "journalism" to drive an agenda.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    takes the focus off the Force for a while at least

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Maybe Dingo's applying for the force.
    Cheika would probably prefer the tahs to the force though.
    I just wish they would give us some idea about what's going on. Would make us all feel a bit better about were the Force is going.
    But I can understand its all hush hush.
    I'd rather they do this properly than repeat the Genia debacle.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    That article is once again made up balderdash, using "journalism" to drive an agenda.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Balderdash!! I LOVE that word! Said with gusto, it's better than any modern day swear word

vCash
    Another word beginning with "B" comes to mind.... and is spelt similar to bullocks.....!!!.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthChicka View Post
    it's better than any modern day swear word
    Bullshit.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Bullshit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    Another word beginning with "B" comes to mind.... and is spelt similar to bullocks.....!!!.....
    Yep, that's a pretty good one too for letting off steam

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    what does this have to do with looking for a Coach?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast