Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Sias Ebersohn

vCash
    Ebersohn try vs Crusaders 2011
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt-WkdAJB4Y"]Sias Ebersohn try - Cheetahs v Crusaders - Super 15 - Week 13 - 2011 - YouTube[/ame]
    Ebersohn playing for Grey college 2007
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AFfwr6527g&feature=fvwrel"]Ebersohn Twins 1 - YouTube[/ame]

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to ..........."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShakeNBake View Post
    I registered to this site just to add my two cents on this player
    Welcome Shake 'n' Bake, I hope one post turns into many.

a poor forward pack with one stand-out back-rower, Heinrich Brussow. (I know we can say that exact phrase when describing our forwards at times)
    I don't know so much about that. Our pack is what's been keeping us in matches and, certainly at the beginning of the season, were dominant against some of the better credentialled outfits in the comp.

(Genia would have been nice....)
    Call me bitter, but I wouldn't have him for free now....he smells of mercenary, and can't honour his handshake.

Lastly, keep an eye on Ebersohn's defense, in my opinion, that his one shortcoming. Not to the point of Mr. I'll defend at fullback (aka. not at all) Quade Cooper, he mans up on defense but he has been known to miss a few on occasion.
    Good info, I haven't watched much of the non-Aussie rugby for a few years and don't know much about him...we're used to having a 10 who tries but doesn't always make the tackle, that's why we have such a mobile backrow!

considering he played for one of the lowest ranked teams in the comp who also went long periods of time without any possession.
    The same could be said about us :worry:

Just give the guy a go, you just never know he might turn out half decent.
    He's wearing ocean blue now, he gets a go by default (I'm even positive about Ma'afu like I was about Dunning and I hated their guts before they signed)

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    don't want to get anyone nervous but is there still a high possibility that the ARU will say no and this will not happen?

From reading the above, the ARU need to agree that a guy playing 3rd string fly half for the second worst South African team has the potential to play for the Wallabies? I hope we get him and it all works out but when you think of it that way you could see a chance of them denying this, it has happened before.
    What the ARU are actually signing off on is whether the Wallabies are short of Flyhalves and whether this solves a problem for them. I'm not sure how Ebersohn looks as an International flyhalf, but I'd say the flyhalf problem is an issue now, it might not be in three years time.

Hopefully the ARU are as short sighted about this as they are about everything else!

C'mon the

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5