Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Force v Lions

vCash
    You have to look at the positives

The Force won. A win is critical to a team of young-uns who have had a rough season, kept losing, got a few hidings, found a way to lose from certain victory on several occasions, coach walked out, fan hysteria. It's good to feel that winning feeling in your development years. The pain of losing close games and the negativity of press/supporter base burns long in the memory.

To turn the fortunes around, it has to start with a win. Tonight was a win.

I thought the performance from the pack was outstanding. The pack dominated field position and possession. The performance of the pack was "Crusader-like" how they managed to recycle, recycle, recycle. Some of the phases of pick and drive in the second stanza were outstanding. The go forward and fast recycling and pick and go was exceptional at times. The pack is a quality one and young and getting better. Put a backline behind that pack and we have a team that can win the tournament ( dead set)

Manu has impressed me with his ball carries when he comes off the bench. He is very powerful and tries to stay on his feet and keep going which contrasts to most Australian forwards who just flop and place the ball back. manu needs to learn how to scrummage at super level before he becomes a starting prop. He has technical weaknesses and we lost at least one game (tahs I think) because he got pinged at critical times.

Pocock was outstanding

Hodgson continues to fly under the radar but some of his pilfers and covering tackles are out of the top shelf. I'm sure we remember how good Pocock was because Hodgson does as much and in some games more than his illustrious leader. You remember the Force backrow dominating but it isn't a one man show.

If you like rugby because of all the forward contests for possession eg scrums, lineouts, rucks, counter rucks, mauls..........and a pilfer, pick and go or driving maul floats your boat...........then last night was beautiful to watch. The pack was tip top

We have found a halfback. Josh Holmes had some good periods. He was "the next big thing" from the Australian U'19 world cup winning team from a few years back. (had Faingaa twins et al)It looks like Holmes is finding his feet at this level. I thought he had a good game.

Mafi gets better and better at 15. He has real pace. He could be useful with some inside back who could put him into some space.

The dead wood is getting broomed.

We theoretically have a big bank account to keep Pocock, recruit a high quality coach and chase a 10 and 12. The Force needs a high quality 10 and must get one. No settling on any old coah or 10

It wasn't one of the great matches but it sure was a good feeling to win.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Controversy corner

vCash
    You have to look at the positives

The Force won. A win is critical to a team of young-uns who have had a rough season, kept losing, got a few hidings, found a way to lose from certain victory on several occasions, coach walked out, fan hysteria. It's good to feel that winning feeling in your development years. The pain of losing close games and the negativity of press/supporter base burns long in the memory.

To turn the fortunes around, it has to start with a win. Tonight was a win.

I thought the performance from the pack was outstanding. The pack dominated field position and possession. The performance of the pack was "Crusader-like" how they managed to recycle, recycle, recycle. Some of the phases of pick and drive in the second stanza were outstanding. The go forward and fast recycling and pick and go was exceptional at times. The pack is a quality one and young and getting better. Put a backline behind that pack and we have a team that can win the tournament ( dead set)

Manu has impressed me with his ball carries when he comes off the bench. He is very powerful and tries to stay on his feet and keep going which contrasts to most Australian forwards who just flop and place the ball back. manu needs to learn how to scrummage at super level before he becomes a starting prop. He has technical weaknesses and we lost at least one game (tahs I think) because he got pinged at critical times.

Pocock was outstanding

Hodgson continues to fly under the radar but some of his pilfers and covering tackles are out of the top shelf. I'm sure we remember how good Pocock was because Hodgson does as much and in some games more than his illustrious leader. You remember the Force backrow dominating but it isn't a one man show.

If you like rugby because of all the forward contests for possession eg scrums, lineouts, rucks, counter rucks, mauls..........and a pilfer, pick and go or driving maul floats your boat...........then last night was beautiful to watch. The pack was tip top

We have found a halfback. Josh Holmes had some good periods. He was "the next big thing" from the Australian U'19 world cup winning team from a few years back. (had Faingaa twins et al)It looks like Holmes is finding his feet at this level. I thought he had a good game.

Mafi gets better and better at 15. He has real pace. He could be useful with some inside back who could put him into some space.

The dead wood is getting broomed.

We theoretically have a big bank account to keep Pocock, recruit a high quality coach and chase a 10 and 12. The Force needs a high quality 10 and must get one. No settling on any old coah or 10

It wasn't one of the great matches but it sure was a good feeling to win.

Controversy corner

vCash
    Not a good advert for the game but a win!

A few moments that lifted the spirits:

Bam bouncing Coetzee - what a powerhouse, it's like he went to a whole new level last night and kept his team in it. What a champion!
    Sidey's try saving tackle on Coetzee.
    Manu - he made meters every time he got the ball.
    Lyn - good game but please someone give him some ball grip...

vCash
    Guys and dolls, we had a win last night with an attempt by both sides to honour the game with running not brain dead aimless kicking - sure the execution and lateral direction let us down but the attempt was there. And we won.

Compare that to the other two games. Tahrds lost, and RvB was even worse than our game and WAS brainless aimless kickathon with a gazillion penalties. We got by far the best result, so be happy!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    I am desperate, I will take any kind of win.
    To have not beaten the Lions would have been a new all-time low which doesn't bear imagining.
    I thought Nalaga had his best game for us so far.

To add to the good feelings - the Cheetahs beat the Tahs, and I got 7/7 in the tipping.
    I shall enjoy the rest of the weekend, for a change.

PS - do we have a backup for the backup scrummy - sheeno has broken some ribs?

Last edited by WF1964; 27-05-12 at 09:20.

vCash
    Did anyone notice Poey's pants down in the scrum in the first half! Hilarious - he obviously wasn't too fussed about them for the whole scrum and followin tackle. Nice choice of colour Poey (bright sky blue)! were they 8020 vision budgy smugglers? Must've been a deliberate marketing ploy for advertisement hahaha! Luvd it! Congrats to Emma for choice of colour - all the girls at the game appreciated it.

vCash
    Just reading through that Twitter feed that Coach posted I noticed a familiar name - needless to say it was a Qld twit (in every sense of the word!) bagging the Force at every opportunity! Such a noooob!!

vCash
    Well, after last night's result, I at least hold some home, however slim, that we can rise above the Rabel..and maybe the Tahs..and off the bottom of the australian conference

vCash
    Well having now watched again with a clear head and without the expectation of a massive win I suppose it wasn't all bad.
    It's obvious that the current coaches have no idea or direction.
    The players are playing for themselves on the whole.
    You wouldn't believe that the guys thought that their performance last night would have any effect on possible Wallaby selection.
    There were a few moments of joy but usually finished off by another unForced error.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Had a family function and couldn't make the game. Sounds like I was better off. How'd Ben Seymour perform?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Had a family function and couldn't make the game. Sounds like I was better off. How'd Ben Seymour perform?
    They same as most of the others, a bit wishy washy a couple of half breaks, passing a bit lumbered, kicking better than DH though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Well having now watched again with a clear head and without the expectation of a massive win I suppose it wasn't all bad.
    It's obvious that the current coaches have no idea or direction.
    The players are playing for themselves on the whole.O
    You wouldn't believe that the guys thought that their performance last night would have any effect on possible Wallaby selection.
    There were a few moments of joy but usually finished off by another unForced error.
    I'm sorry but after having waited for so long I expect at least some progress for the team as a whole. Let's get real. We are going backwards fast and unless something is done quickly and decisively to arrest the slide, it will continue. Until I see something being done at the top to help the team, I will remain unconvinced. I am a supporter and have been since day one. I expect some return for my investment. Is that an unrealistic expectation? I am tired of putting on a brave face. I know we are an 'AFL' state. What is being done at a higher level to address this? We need to build some rugby culture here. This isn't a season by season management issue for Force HQ.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stejwill View Post
    I'm sorry but after having waited for so long I expect at least some progress for the team as a whole. Let's get real. We are going backwards fast and unless something is done quickly and decisively to arrest the slide, it will continue. Until I see something being done at the top to help the team, I will remain unconvinced. I am a supporter and have been since day one. I expect some return for my investment. Is that an unrealistic expectation? I am tired of putting on a brave face. I know we are an 'AFL' state. What is being done at a higher level to address this? We need to build some rugby culture here. This isn't a season by season management issue for Force HQ.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Can't agree more. I'm not happy and don't have the answers but I do know something must be done and done damn quick and this should start at the top or w,e will be a rugby free state again!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Did anyone notice Poey's pants down in the scrum in the first half! Hilarious - he obviously wasn't too fussed about them for the whole scrum and followin tackle. Nice choice of colour Poey (bright sky blue)! were they 8020 vision budgy smugglers? Must've been a deliberate marketing ploy for advertisement hahaha! Luvd it! Congrats to Emma for choice of colour - all the girls at the game appreciated it.
    The benefits of being in block EE13. If I'd know how to wolf whistle, I would have. I settled for cheering YEAAAAA DAVIDDDD. Just as satisfying

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Can't agree more. I'm not happy and don't have the answers but I do know something must be done and done damn quick and this should start at the top or w,e will be a rugby free state again!
    Does 'TWF' have any connections to the powers that be. Do they know what the fans are thinking. If I was them I'd be reading sites like this. Obviously you don't knee-jerk react and do everything the fans suggest, but equally you ignore then at your peril.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast