Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How many WA Union players have we lost to other unions,codes or stopped playing

vCash
    Good one Pruc, I have to say I admire those from WA who have had that self-belief to take their game elsewhere to aim for greater things.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pruc View Post
    so time for a huge overhaul. theres a reason the force have struggled everyyear and instead of looking at the onfield performance its time to start from the bottom up!
    Read an interesting statistic in the Sunday Times last week, the Western Force have turned over 100 staff members (non playing) in their rather short time. I've no idea how large the workforce is but it seems like alot. Seems the entire operation needs an overhaul not just the team.

vCash
    Bit late, but Adam Wallace-Harrison represented WA U/21's in 1999, including to NSW where he was noticed as a player with potential, by Eastern States scouts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bunter View Post
    Bit late, but Adam Wallace-Harrison represented WA U/21's in 1999, including to NSW where he was noticed as a player with potential, by Eastern States scouts.
    Not late Mate this will be a list that gets bigger and bigger me thinks

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Read an interesting statistic in the Sunday Times last week, the Western Force have turned over 100 staff members (non playing) in their rather short time. I've no idea how large the workforce is but it seems like alot. Seems the entire operation needs an overhaul not just the team.
    I believe this would have a lot to do with the old saying "you pay peanuts and you get monkeys", some employees have taken substantial pay cuts to be part of the organisation they support only to realise that love does not pay the bills unless you are a hooker (and I don't mean No2).

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    There's a certain non-playing member of staff that needs to leave...mentioning no names....but bloody hopeless.....It's the old adage the better people leave when they see things aren't run properly and we are left with "monkeys" who would find it difficult to get a job anywhere else....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pruc View Post
    any local player that is serious about going somewhere knows you have to leave perth unless your a rugbywa goldenchild.

not saying I'm ever going to go anywhere with my rugby but personally i knew if i wanted to have a chance I had to leave WA - moving to either east or overseas. Currently playing in Christchurch NZ and it was the best decision personally. The set up over here is all on ability - not where you are from and there are pathways for all ages. Rep sides for all ages starting from 12yo going to 18s, 19s, 20s and a colts team (21s). After that they have a metro side, Crusaders Knights and Canterbury ITM side.

Rugby WA needs to look at their own set up and realise its not working. The crusaders/canterbury is the most successful set up in the world so surely RugbyWA needs to look how other organisations structure their pathways.

Saying money is an issue is a load of crap. The amount of resources they spend on the academy players to over train and drop out is ridiculous. Over here if your in the academy its 1 training session a week and its focussed on individual skill - the hard work, fitness, gym etc is left up to the individual until they reach the crusaders academy.

RugbyWA and the Force are scared to give youth an opportunity and would rather have a that will do approach to filling positions rather then giving the talent younger players a crack. This is why you will continue to see players moving codes, to sydney or elsewhere. and with the western reds pushing for a side there will be more and more boys switching codes.

I know I'm not the only player my age to have left perth for the South Island this year and both of us played rep rugby and 1st grade experience, so time for a huge overhaul. theres a reason the force have struggled everyyear and instead of looking at the onfield performance its time to start from the bottom up!
    Interesting reading - Very much on the money.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash
    curtis rona signed a 2 year deal with the cowboys in nrl (2013-2014)

vCash
    Jake Ball off to Scarlets for 3 years! another one to add the the list

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/Sc...ail/story.html

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    Jake Ball off to Scarlets for 3 years! another one to add the the list

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/Sc...ail/story.html
    He'll probably stay there, or nearby, in order to have a crack at the national squad.

vCash
    Cruze Ah-Nau has been pick up by the rebels as an EPS signing for 2013.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    From Twitter

"@Eat_Sleep_Rugby: Exeter have added strength to their front row as they have signed prop Alec Hepburn from Aussie club Perth Spirit."

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Perth boy perhaps, but has played most of his rugby in Britain - Wasps, England U20 (and JWC winner), etc. Seems to be spoken of well, a bit surprised he wasn't in the frame to stay. Or maybe just home-sick and/or too much money on offer over there.

Champion
    vCash
    Half a season playing club rugby hardly qualifies him as a local lad.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    Chance Peni from Wests graded at 17, in the Academy wasn't he, scored a League contract.
    Full time senior contract with Wests Tigers this year

Last edited by westies man; 16-01-15 at 14:16.
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast