Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Rebels edge Force by a point

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    thanks for that insight re scrummaging. You would have thought a switched on ref would have realised that after the first incident and penalised them accordingly, not give them the game.
    Only my perception. If anything just a desperate view of events in my current state of despair and dissapointment to somehow blame someone else and claim we were ripped off.
    Would be interested to see a replay of that scrum though.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    The fact that Harvey has been signed for 2013 already just shows the sorry judgement of the Force administration. He is the equivalent of a German machine gun post in WW2. Defensive, static and all too quickly runs out of ammo and is overrun on the counter attack.

We need some fresh ideas for year 8.....year 8....is it that long!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Haji View Post
    The last penalty that gifted the Rebels the win im still a bit perplexed. It was pretty clear to me the whole game the Rebels pack were playing cat and mouse once it was established again they were hopeless scrummagers. Mafu fell flat on his face like he had nothing to push against. Surely on our own feed the worst that should have been called was a reset. The rebels have been doing this with every team they struggle against at srum time.
    Appreciate we're clutching at straws in our raw state... but there were a few questionable scrum decisions at the end - we got pinged in one scrum, then the Rabble front row did the same the next scrum and nothing given by ref Marius Wonker - watched some of the replay and Phil Kearns started saying "That's the same (infringement)..." and stopped himself - or maybe his sid kick Clarke turned his mic off..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Haji View Post
    Mafu fell flat on his face like he had nothing to push against. Surely on our own feed the worst that should have been called was a reset. The rebels have been doing this with every team they struggle against at srum time.

!
    I was standing with Jargs when that scrum was called. When I simultaneously heard "Pek off for Maafu". I said to him "That's it we're farked Maafu will go down and give Jonker an excuse to penalise it"

Was at the other end from us so I can't comment on how it happenned or whether it was a correct decision.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Manu had some good carries again, if he can iron out his scrummaging (which will come with experiance) look out a name to watch.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash

Cost to be a casual

Quote Originally Posted by normie View Post
    EXCUSES! How many Weagles fans are WF ticket holders? Anyone wanting to go to the rugby could have gone to the airshow on Saturday. Unispired lacklustre performances don't make for good entertainment. You'll always get the diehards, but you won't attract the casual punter!
    Hi all
    If you not a member then you need to save for months just to get thru the gate My wife and I took the stepson ,his wife and 2 kids under 5 and it cost $215.00 to get thru the gate and sit in a silver seat.. No wonder we dont get the casual supportters coming to games when the cost is so high... Rugby Wa needs to have ways of getting feet thru the turnstiles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    Hi all
    . Rugby Wa needs to have ways of getting feet thru the turnstiles.
    Of course winning will help in this area, but we can't seem to do that..

vCash
    Hi all
    If you not a member then you need to save for months just to get thru the gate My wife and I took the stepson ,his wife and 2 kids under 5 and it cost $215.00 to get thru the gate and sit in a silver seat.. No wonder we dont get the casual supportters coming to games when the cost is so high... Rugby Wa needs to have ways of getting feet thru the turnstiles.
    Good Lord!! $215 for 80 minutes of entertainment! Wow!

Wonder how much the suits at RugbyWA are paid.....

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Hi all
    You would have thought kids would be free on Super Hero Sunday

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Hi all
    If you not a member then you need to save for months just to get thru the gate My wife and I took the stepson ,his wife and 2 kids under 5 and it cost $215.00
    For a little more than that price you could have got a Tri-Force membership for the lot of you. Three games and a supporters pack each. Adittedly the viewing is not as good - but not that bad either if you know where to stand.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthChicka View Post
    Did anyone see Poey's post-match interview with Kafe? Wow, that was one very very disappointed and very very frustrated captain. Hope it wasn't the final straw for him. I could almost hear him thinking 'stuff this for a game of soldiers, I'm out of here and off to the Brumbies!'.
    Yeah he looked totally dejected, you could be right !!!

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    New coach, new players, new strip and colours.

Let's start again next season, this year again was a disaster.
    New franchisee?

(a.k.a. Mr Pinkbits) Stone Cold's Avatar
    vCash
    Another tough day at the office. Not sure about anyone else but I go to games now and just assume we are going to lose...

coz Stone Cold says so

vCash
    Have to agree with previous posts about negative comments on this site. Admittedly we are all feeling extremely frustrated but hammering the players about what went wrong won't fix it. I actually enjoyed the game - thought the guys had finally taken on board the issues of playing ball in hand and foregoing bloody kicking away possession to running. I thought when they did run the ball is when they created more openings. There were a lot more improvements in the game plan such as ball skills, (although a few slippery suckers persisted), passing was a lot faster and wider with more aggressive attacking runs. Would still like to see more running onto the ball instead of standing flat. There was more creative interchange passing and not telegraphing for 10 seconds who you're going to pass to (unlike last weeks intercepts!) Offloads were great too at times. The forward pack as usual were solid but should've been up to the shenanigans by the Rebels scrum.(learn to chat up the ref - McCaw refchat 101). It doesn't serve useful purpose to keep slamming players. Harvey played well the first couple of games in a position he was made to play. He's done plenty putting the points on the board. Yesterday he was shifted yet again to another position, so yes he didn't have a great game. If he'd got those 2 kicks we would've been calling him a hero. How many games did JOC lose us with his shit kicks! And Gits! So maybe we should lighten up on the player attacks and give some encouragement for a change.
    It was a more improved play yesterday - pity RG didn't go earlier and we would have had more chance this season. Saying that everyone needs some good news for a change and appreciating that getting the right coach takes time, the sooner the better.
    That's my inexpert rugby rant for the day - glad to get that off my chest!

vCash
    I don't think anyone has really expressed the dejection felt with games under RG, in general it all seems up beat apart from a few cracks at Harvey. On that thread most are supporting the guy.

Im really pleased the guys stood up after last weeks shellacking, and that they are starting to play rugby and try getting it fast to weapons Nalage Mafi and Wara - a marked decrease in RGs aimless braindead kicking posession away "gameplan".

Tupou looked pretty good, Manu looked strong. Mafi stayed on his feet for a change to show us his wares. Seymour was pretty impressive at 10 considering he has two games under his belt and KB has what 50 and 40 tests?, worth perservering with. Should have been on last two games instead of Harvey who was really struggling at 10 and it has hurt his confidence.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast