Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Michael Cheika has been fired by SF....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post

Warren Gatland dead set that's who we need.
    Is he not contracted to Wales and if so would that allow him to coach a S15 side in the supposed off season,

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Elf1; 15-05-12 at 20:52.

Champion
    vCash
    As i've mentioned before in previous threads, the Rugby WA / Western Force Rugby club is operating as a business and not running as a rugby club:

So I can see the advert in the local paper already:

"Head Coach wanted for Rugby Club, In arguable the toughest club competition in the World.

You don't need a track record, winning matches comes as a bonus, developing players.

30 men squad that you can select, with a strict budget and strict selection policy (no over spending and hiring players who can get the job done, just players to wear the colour of the team)

You can have coaches "favourite players" who can continue to play sh1t but select them as there "name".

You will need to be thick skinned and take it on the chin when a player revolt occur.

We operate as an Equal Opportunity Organisation, with a Australian Passport only valid.

Pay is negotiable, but frequent flyers points are a part of the contract, that you keep"

You can leave half way thru the term to accept a better offer.

Apply by clicking here " (knowing full well it wont work as the Rugby Club already has there perferred coach / staff)

vCash
    the way i read that article the "short list" is just a list of coaches that have shown interest rather than a list of names on a piece of paper handed to a journo by some disgruntled RWA employee... id say its merely a fluff piece.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf1 View Post
    Is he not contracted to Wales and if so would that allow him to coach a S15 side in the supposed off season,
    I think Wales have signed him up again recently. 140 games for Waikato 18 games for the AB's.

Goes to the London Wasps wins three titles, goes back to coach Waikato in the NPC wins the cup in the first year, gets the Wales gig and takes a very poor team to 2 grand slam wins and a semi final in the WC.

He'd sort this team and management out.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    I think Wales have signed him up again recently. 140 games for Waikato 18 games for the AB's.

Goes to the London Wasps wins three titles, goes back to coach Waikato in the NPC wins the cup in the first year, gets the Wales gig and takes a very poor team to 2 grand slam wins and a semi final in the WC.

He'd sort this team and management out.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    And dare I say it, the sort of guy who'd been keen on a challenge like this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    probably hiding from you
    No...he's name's not Nathan...!!! Get with the programme...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Just get the best you can and let him do his job unlike the way Mitch was treated. The players are big boys now and a few bruised egos won't hurt them.
    Whole heartedly agree!!! Absobloody lutely....!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    No...he's name's not Nathan...!!! Get with the programme...
    Good one Hertryk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    As i've mentioned before in previous threads, the Rugby WA / Western Force Rugby club is operating as a business and not running as a rugby club:

[/I]
    Clubs should be operating as a business, yet muppet coaches with piss poor track records still get hired! John Mitchells resume must look pretty average now, yet after his Lions debacle has finished I'm sure he'll still walk into a decent paying job with a top club.. any other vocation they take a look at your resume, see you've been fired multiple times and have a terrible performance track record - you wouldn't even get an interview!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham105 View Post
    Yeah, I think JK did leave Japan in a better position than where he started.

Italy - much of a much as they were.
    I reckon he improved Italy as well. Italy won a single match in 3 6 Nations seasons under Bradstone. Under Kirwan they won 2 matches at the 2003 world cup and in his first 2 seasons came 5th in the 6 Nations and he got them to 10th in the world ranking. Then the Italians refused to pick more than 3 non-Italians, they finished last and Kirwan got sacked.

vCash
    Did anyone see Sharpie's column in today's West? Says they're not rushing the coaching appointment. Guess that means they're not rushing the player signings either :-/

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/spo...ind-new-coach/

vCash
    I was kinda hoping Phil Mooney would be under consideration. But he's barely getting a mention. Considering what he did to turn the Reds around after the train-wreck that was (shuttehf@ckup) Eddie Jones' time there he'd be worth talking to. Maybe Link was just a bit lucky to be sacked by Stade at just the right time. Or is that an omen for Cheika?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    I reckon he improved Italy as well. Italy won a single match in 3 6 Nations seasons under Bradstone. Under Kirwan they won 2 matches at the 2003 world cup and in his first 2 seasons came 5th in the 6 Nations and he got them to 10th in the world ranking. Then the Italians refused to pick more than 3 non-Italians, they finished last and Kirwan got sacked.
    So you are saying he failed to develop the players Italy already had - and then on top of that, failed to convince the board to go the poaching route !

That's a lot of failure.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4