Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheetahs edge past Force

vCash

Cheetahs edge past Force

Bloemfontein - The Cheetahs overcame a lacklustre performance for a 17-13 victory over Super Rugby strugglers the Force in Bloemfontein on Saturday night.
    The result lifted the Cheetahs to 26 log points and moved them into 10th position, while the Force's woes continued after picking up only two wins in 10 outings.

The absence of injured flyhalf Johan Goosen was noticable as his replacement, Sias Ebersohn, struggled to get the hosts on the front foot.

The Cheetahs had a rocketing start but they lost energy as both sides lacked any real composure for the better part of the first half.

The Bloemfontein side had an early opportunity to open the scoring with a penalty, after they had the Force in all sorts of trouble on the attack.

Ebersohn, however, could not convert, and the Force put the first points on the board with flyhalf David Harvey slotting a penalty in the eighth minute.

Harvey and Ebersohn then engaged in some aerial ping-pong before the latter made a confident break and slotted the penalty from the resulting infringement at the breakdown by the visitors.

The tourists were organised on defence and seemed satisfied to be conceding penalties rather than tries, with Ebersohn slotting his second after the Force again snatched possession on the ground.

While they did not see as much of the ball in the first 40 minutes, the Force got some points when Harvey slotted a penalty in the dying stages of the first half.

Tewis de Bruyn followed suit to give the Cheetahs a 9-6 lead at the break.

Cheetahs coach Naka Drotske sent out scrumhalf Piet van Zyl and loose forward Ashley Johnson for the second stanza, with the latter providing some extra force at the breakdown.

The home side got stuck on their goal-line in the 46th minute and Force centre Winston Stanley scored a converted try after charging down Cheetahs full-back Hennie Daniller's clearing kick.

Hitting back, though, Cheetahs captain Adriaan Strauss scored in the corner eight minutes later.

Ebersohn missed with the conversion, leaving his side one-point ahead.

The flyhalf slotted one more penalty, with a little more than half an hour left on the clock, to secure the win.

Ebersohn had another shot at goal with five minutes remaining, but again he missed.

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Super...nders-20120505

Some nice photos at Getty images
    http://www.gettyimages.com.au/Search...eetahs+v+Force

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by theforceguy; 06-05-12 at 06:34.

Apprentice
    vCash
    We gave away too many penalties!!

vCash
    We gave them that game..... Buy Todd Louden and start again next year.

C'mon the

vCash
    We played in line with the asprations of the board of Rugby WA - clueless, nieve, stupid and so so so predictable, worse performance for a long time - can understand why Bam Bam will leave if this is all we can do!

vCash
    And to think I stayed awake until 3am to watch that!

For mine, they need to get the biggest broom they can find and clear out the entire back room and start afresh in 2013. This season has been an unmitigated disaster.

We should call a members' meeting and draw up our own list of KPIs and present it to the board in the form of a petition!!! We are "key stakeholders" in what happens to our team so the borad should have the courtesy to take the time to listen to what we have to say instead of treating us like dumb mushrooms!!

Last edited by PerthChicka; 06-05-12 at 08:42.

vCash
    Outrageous that try was disallowed.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthChicka View Post
    And to think I stayed awake until 3am to watch that!

For mine, they need to get the biggest broom they can find and clear out the entire back room and start afresh in 2013. This season has been an unmitigated disaster.

We should call a members' meeting and draw up our own list of KPIs and present it to the board in the form of a petition!!! We are "key stakeholders" in what happens to our team so the borad should have the courtesy to take the time to listen to what we have to say instead of treating us like dumb mushrooms!!
    That's sounding dangerously like the Tahs fan forum.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Haven't watched the game yet, read the live reports and several roundups. It appears clear Phil Blake has done nothing to change things and cannot be appointed. It's also worrying that players have not released any shackles and play for their future with a red hot go.

Did we get it to Nalaga, Wara and Mafi? Did we play expansive running game? Doesn't sound like it.

Sounds like Harvey was ineffective at 10. That's three in a row (last week knocked on scone), so time for a change, give Seymour a go for rest of season. If he can't cut it, cut him.

Begs question why they would sign Harvey when everything is up in air, no coach etc. apart from Pocock no one should be signed until we have a coach. A new coach needs as many slots as possible available to build the team in his image, and now there is one less slot.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Agree James, however it's slightly different in due to RG and GeniaGate, no coach, and apparently directionless board.

As I said yesterday, what does EWF and RugbyWA stand for anymore? What are our aims and goals? What style of play are we wanting to play? To be honest I no longer have a clue.

This club (I'll continue to use that term) lost its way with quokkagate, and then placing Mitchell on probation. Since Mitchell left it has completely fallen apart, appointing RG without process a shambles, and last three seasons a complete waste of time. We have gone backwards in almost every aspect.

The Tahrds just didn't like losing a couple of games.

So in this case PC is correct, we the paying members are effectively shareholders and are not being delivered a return on our investment. So it's time to hold the board accountable.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by sittingbison; 06-05-12 at 09:00.

vCash
    Harvey was a headless chook at times. I can't believe that has been resigned.
    That try should have been allowed IMO. I thought neck locks were part of the game these days!
    I may be one eyed but I thought the ref in the 1st half was terrible. Missed forward passes, knock ons and penalizing the Force and ignoring Cheeatas.
    But yet again we lost the game they didn't win it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Is that a bad thing??

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Very bad.

vCash
    Bloody Criminal

vCash
    Okies, I withdraw my proposal. I don't know what the Tahs fans forum is, but if you guys don't like it, that's good enough for me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthChicka View Post
    Okies, I withdraw my proposal. I don't know what the Tahs fans forum is, but if you guys don't like it, that's good enough for me
    LOL the Tahds don;t have a forum, well yes they do its called uicide Watch.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast