Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Cheetahs edge past Force

vCash
    Some good signs of improved gameplay by the backs but they seemed to keep slipping back into their previous bad habits i.e. flat back line with no depth

Nalaga must of got the ball more times this game than the whole season

Hope they are continued to be reminded they are now allowed to get the ball out to the wings

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevorM View Post
    We played in line with the aspirations of the board of Rugby WA - clueless, nieve, stupid and so so so predictable, worse performance for a long time - can understand why Bam Bam will leave if this is all we can do!

Same here. After yet another unentertaining loss, out will come the usual platitudes from officialdom - "brave Force", "encouraging signs", "improved play" etc - all BS, because the bottom line is that as expected the Force played ineffective and boring rugby and lost, yet again.

We don't expect them to win all the time, although a win every so often, especially at home, would be nice. We don't expect them to top the Australian conference - there are several other Australian teams there who you'd expect logically to be better than the Force. We don't expect them to win the Super XV title, perhaps ever, although we can dream. But we do expect that the Force franchise will be run professionally, by people who understand what it takes to run a franchise in the World's major (and perhaps toughest) provincial rugby tournament.

I wouldn't mind handing over a couple of grand each year for gold memberships if the football was entertaining, but often I can see more entertaining rugby for free if I go down to Hartfield Park.

It's been 7 years now. Perhaps Rugby WA needs to think seriously about transferring the franchise to an organisation which knows how to manage a professional international rugby team.

(Is there a smiley for :terminallypissedoff:?)
    My sentiments exactly, particularly your second para about not expecting them to win all the time.

vCash
    We are getting two completely different perspectives here "boring ineffective as usual, worst game of year" and "played with more intent and purpose best game of year", and "ref cost us and AR blind" or "we rubbed him up wrong way"

I can understand being disappointed in result, but which is it? Was it same crap old cr@p as RG or are we improving? We're we clueless or starting to play with nous?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Nathan Charles needs to stop talking to the ref. too many games he is getting pinged for chatting to the ref.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    [QUOTE=travelling_gerry;31170Bring back neutral refs![/QUOTE]

Just watched Reds Saders game. Penalty count, 7 Saders to 17 Reds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    We are getting two completely different perspectives here "boring ineffective as usual, worst game of year" and "played with more intent and purpose best game of year", and "ref cost us and AR blind" or "we rubbed him up wrong way"

I can understand being disappointed in result, but which is it? Was it same crap old cr@p as RG or are we improving? We're we clueless or starting to play with nous?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    same old crap. forwards played excellently and the backs let us down. no go forward, too many handling errors, no-one running angles. What really gets my goat is that we are starting to play with width, but no-one is threatening the line before passing it wide. you cant just shovel the ball to the wing and expect him to make a break himself, you need to draw the defender first.

The ref didn't rob us, we had plenty of chances to take the game but failed. we should have absolutely demolished the cheetahs the way they were playing, but just no zip in our attack.

We played poorly, we lost, same old force. (still love em though)

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Well, for mine, the scoreline was somewhere between about right and flattering. The ref was reffing one side, but it was the defensive side and that was us two tackles to one. The first half was particularly painful, as our territorial kicking game once again cunningly ensured we spent the whole 40 inside our own half without the ball. Once again it got better in the second half, but by then you're chasing the game and that seldom ends well. The sole, very feeble, consolation was that at least it wasn't Melbourne again.

The disallowed try was a joke, but that is the risk if you are going to pin all hopes on a single attack at the line for the half. Personally, I was surprised we weren't down to 14 for at least 10 minutes.

vCash

to many tackles

well just watched the game
    The forwards did a great job ...
    Does sheehan and Harvey have a problem with the players out side of them as as usual the play is just kicking which then means more tackles and the backs are getting hammered with huge tackle counts

We need to play it wide and get our backs playing not just being defensive players they were forced to make far to many tackles...
    Harvey should have been subbed at half time and if he is included next week we are still in the same position .. Honey badge and samu warra played well hunting for the ball Nalaga as said touched the ball more in this game than he has all season but did show promise with the ball...

Drop harvey and include Seymour and tell him that Harvey was dropped coze he kicks to much and if you do it you will be in the same situation...

Yes the ref wasordinary but we were not flash out wide Discipline also a worry but when you frustrated you give awayeasy penelties

Bam Bam confused me with the scrum at penalty time when he should have gone for lineout as the lines were spot on all night

Summary drop Harvey

Champion
    vCash
    Can I say thing... Blake hasn't a clue !!! In my eyes you dont bring a hooker on with 2 minutes to go or a game player like Syemour with 7 minutes to play and the game in still in the balance.

But my pet HATE is, why are we continously seeing 3 south african refs when a SAF team is playing...100% of the time the referee should be nutural. There were some SHIT calls on from this morning, including 2 points:

1) The 'after the eposide' of Maafu headlock that supposablly "prevented the try" (BULL SH!T)
    & then
    2) Ruscow both eye gouged and did the same as Maafu, on Sam Wara and then the cheetahs scored the try next to the ruck, not seen and a match winning try.

Champion
    vCash
    1 more thing... Nalaga is the only person in the WORLD that after a game he has cleaner boots and jersey than when he started the game...

This usless fa***n twat, please get rid of him immediately. HE IS USELESS !!

vCash
    One back that consistently give's his all is the honey badger. His defence was outstanding last night.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Benny, ask rumour monger for some of his xanax and chill.

Champion
    vCash
    TG. yeah i know, apologises for expressing my thoughts.... just so upset we continuously having 14 players on the field carrying Nalaga... He apologises to the French fans for leaving for the year to play for us, im still waiting for his apology for coming here for the year...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    1 more thing... Nalaga is the only person in the WORLD that after a game he has cleaner boots and jersey than when he started the game...

This usless fa***n twat, please get rid of him immediately. HE IS USELESS !!
    Must of been watching different game to me. Showed some good signs but rarely got the chance as the ball was rarely passed to him. Tried to inject himself into the line at times, good to see him looking for the ball.

How can you criticise him as he has only been passed the ball less than a dozen time all season (maybe a slight exaggeration but not much)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast