Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Squad so far

vCash

Timing of transfer announcements

Have to say I agree with this article from Adam Freier

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-union...517-1ytlk.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The mid season transfer month for the EPL works very well. It's all over and done with quickly and clubs/players can get on with playing the game with no distractions. Otherwise, all other signings are done and announced in the off season.

Last edited by SinBin; 18-05-12 at 08:09.

vCash
    Thanks PC, my opinion of Adam just went up another couple of notches. What an erudite and honest article.
    This notion of contract negotiations and then announcements mid season has become ridiculous. In soccer it is called "tapping up", is accompanied with huge fines and other sanctions, and is prevented on the understanding that it destabilizes teams. Lets say the Reds and Rebels have three games to go, equal on points. The rebs announce they have just signed Genia and Cooper. Voila kiss your season goodbye Reds as the acrimony sets in.
    It appears RG must have been negotiating with the Reds before the season started, it is no wonder he appeared disinterested in the Force games.
    All player movements must from now on be in the off season, and if they want a "window" thats fine but the player moves during the window, not just an announcement. The "window" is intended to bring in reinforcements mid season for injury cover etc. However lets not forget the soccer season is what, 45 weeks? The Super season is not really long enough for a window.

vCash
    Totally agree with you Bison.

The JOC circus last season, the appallingly handled Genia stuff this year and the thought of what's still to come with QC, is bad for everyone - players, fans, sponsors; everyone - and has reached the point where someone (the ARU?) really needs to sort it out.

And while they're at it, they should also review and relax the overseas players rule so as to stop a lot of the "you stole our player" fighting that goes on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthChicka View Post
    And while they're at it, they should also review and relax the overseas players rule so as to stop a lot of the "you stole our player" fighting that goes on.
    Agree PC, as long as it's not at the expense of local players coming through the ranks. A realistic cap on overseas players per team will fix that.

vCash
    yep, none for Reds Tahrds and Brumbies. WTF the Tahrds playing saffa Pretorious FGS!!

However Force and Rebs should be allowed non-international foreigners that could become Wallabies, as many as they like for couple of years, then 5 in 2015 reducing one per year until 2020. Then revisit where the fortunes are. And two internationals as marquees.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Front page updated with Shep of Northampton for two years.

A liitle birdy told me that we should not expect any more player signings until the new coach is announced, but didn't eloborate when that would be.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    the little birdy should have said that a couple of weeks ago before David Harvey was signed for a year. Not having a dig at DH, I like him and think he is a good injury cover, but do not expect him to play otherwise.

Mind you how we go with injuries hell probably play a dozen games %)

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Front page updated with Shep of Northampton for two years.

A liitle birdy told me that we should not expect any more player signings until the new coach is announced, but didn't eloborate when that would be.
    Well we'd better bloody hope that comes fairly soon because we have about 6 backs to recruit as replacements for Stannard, Ripia, Sheehan, Fairbanks, Shepherd and Nagala and a couple of others who are off contract.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Mafi is off contract - hope he stays

vCash
    Crazy not to with the fights he would be in for at other provinces......surely he's cemented himself as a walk up start by now!

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Gits maybe looking to come back to Australia???? new coach..... worth a punt love to see him inside Sidey and Cummins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDAVEY View Post
    Gits maybe looking to come back to Australia???? new coach..... worth a punt love to see him inside Sidey and Cummins

Noooooooooooooo!! We need a 5/8 to play inside Cummins and Mafi and Tupou. Not a washed up committee.

And besides we're wanting to re-sign our good players, not give them a reason to high tail it?

On Mafi being off contract; I didn't realise that. it makes the decisions to bench him a number of times, after some ripping form, all the more staggering.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    personally I dont rate Sidey, he's a bench player at best... (misses tackles / doesnt get involved enough as a centre and never gets over the advantage line as you can gaurntee he wont pass it)

Champion
    vCash
    By the time EWF management come around from sipping latte's down at cottesloe beach, all coaches who have put there hand in the ring would of found "better options / choices".

This means we then get a 'dodgy coach' with 'dodgy players' to follow, or we'll get players like that RG kept choicing and saying "yeah they can do the job".. well give me a EWF jersey I can do the job also.....

The process is about as slow as applying for a government job... Its advertised today but you know full well that your start date isn't for 3 months.

Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast