Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FORCE RECRUITMENT CONTINUES UNABATED

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

FORCE RECRUITMENT CONTINUES UNABATED

EMIRATES WESTERN FORCE MEDIA RELEASE
    Monday, 30 April 2012

The Emirates Western Force is continuing to work proactively to further strengthen the club’s playing roster next season while also retaining the best of the current squad.

RugbyWA CEO Vern Reid restated there were several high profile players currently in negotiations to play in Perth next season and despite Will Genia’s decision to remain in Queensland, having earlier agreed to move to WA, it wouldn’t affect the club’s focus of bringing the best talent available to the Emirates Western Force.

Mr Reid also reaffirmed the confidential nature in which the Genia negotiations were carried out and that the news of his possible move was not a by-product of the Emirates Western Force.

“It needs to be made very clear that the Emirates Western Force did not ‘leak’ information in regards to discussions with Will Genia, nor did we claim at any stage that he had agreed to come to Perth,” Mr Reid said.

“What we did do was put our best offer forward to Will’s management and were advised last Thursday evening that the offer was accepted. We moved things forward, all the while paying respect to the recruiting protocols that are in place for all franchises by keeping that information confidential.

“We were as surprised as anyone by the Queensland Rugby Union’s statement on Saturday evening farewelling Will and naming the Emirates Western Force as the club he had agreed to move to.

“While we respect that Will has changed his mind, and had the right to do so, we are obviously disappointed following a verbal agreement a few days earlier and the promise of the paperwork to be signed and returned over the weekend following his arrival back from New Zealand.

“Our focus has been, and will continue to be, the recruitment of high quality personnel to the Emirates Western Force for next season, we’re very confident that we will achieve that in the weeks and months ahead.

“In regards to David Pocock, his situation hasn’t changed to that of last week where he has simply asked to be allowed to concentrate on helping the team in his capacity as Captain and will look to progress contractual matters down the track. It is a situation we’re comfortable with and have no reason to question David’s commitment and passion for the club now or into the future.”

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Possibly a good idea for everyone to calm down - seettttllle! David will talk when he's good and ready at least we can be sure he's got the integrity sadly lacking with certain individuals around.
    I think Horan needs a big swift kick up in the proverbials and pull his head in. He's done a enough damage to the Force on his vendetta this season.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    code for "Will .. get flucked you plick"

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Possibly a good idea for everyone to calm down - seettttllle!
    A good piece of advice for all I think

everyone calm down.

Breathe in, Breathe out

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    A good piece of advice for all I think

everyone calm down.

Breathe in, Breathe out
    FuCK that i declare this day to be hence forth "Punch a QLDer" day!

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    jono

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    He's safe,don't think either Digby or genia are rangas

vCash
    But they're both honourless pricks. I can't abide a man who doesn't follow his word
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Horan will have his smarmy smile on the RUGBY CLUB and say another load of shite but I bet no apology.
    He must owe Canno one for putting him in the situation were he was asking Bam Bam about Genia. Not surprising he looked surprised.
    Time to get on and go forward lets just hope they recruit the right people.
    My gut feeling is that Bam Bam will stay.

May the FORCE be with you!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    i unfortunately have the opposite feeling - my book is that he is off to brumbies

vCash
    Bam Bams missus will make the decision

She-who-must-be-obeyed

Happy wife, happy life and it's cheaper to keep her.

If the Force had any brains or leadership ability ( which they don't) they would be showing Mrs Pocock the red carpet, lining her charity with silver, calling her once a week to make sure she is coping with life whilst david is honouring his rugby committments, dropping off her shopping, sending her a fancy dress in a box with a ribbon.............I could go on

No doubt they are wiping their noses, scratching their balls, whining about the Genia saga, sitting around on their sorry arses instead of developing the juniors in WA and feeling very sorry for themselves

Lets get Clive palmer in. That bloke has massive ones and more chins than a Chinese phone book. He hates the government so much he has decided to run against Wayne Swan at the next election. He also wants to build a replica of the titanic

I'd like him to build a replica of the rugby stadium in Otago........in Perth

Kangaroo Court is in session..........all rise

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    FuCK that i declare this day to be hence forth "Punch a QLDer" day!
    OK..you punch Sharpie first then! or is he considered an honorary West Aussie now?

vCash
    Maybe the Force should be looking at hiring Chook Fowler. Sounds like he's well-regarded, and it would be a nice bit of payback.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2012/04/30...sonal-agendas/

vCash
    Growden's column this morning reckons that the Reds re-signed Ben lucas immediately after they announced genia was off to WA. Meanong Lucas could have just cause to ask the contract be voided. Offer him a better deal NOW.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ethicist View Post
    I'd like him to build a replica of the rugby stadium in Otago........in Perth
    finally you say something worth listening too

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast