Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pocock has packed his bags (IMHO)

Champion
    vCash

Pocock has packed his bags (IMHO)

Star Wallabies flanker David Pocock will put his Super Rugby contract talks on the backburner as he attempts to settle the ship at the Western Force.

The Force were left reeling last week when coach Richard Graham announced he would be jumping ship to link up with Queensland Reds next season.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/su...-1226340965447

In my opinion Just listening to his comments here are some points I reckon he's packed his bags for QLD.

"its been a tough few weeks for me and the club" --- Looking back on it also, Reid / RG / Hardy ?? / Pocock knew about this move of RGs 3 weeks ago.

"extra responsibility handed to Pocock, and this is the main reason for me to hold back talks till everything is sorted." -- I'm not 100% certain if he wants this, he's a young Kid still interested in winning and wearing the #7 for the wallabies, with this responsbility is he enjoying it ??

"Serving the team in the captaincy thus far and i'll continue to do so till the end of the season" --- not too much eye contact and a little 'stutter when talking about this.

Not sure how much credibility Justin Chadwick has...

I understand he wants to play winning rugby, will he have this if he goes to the REDS, he has RG there waiting for him, but there is also the friendship RG has with Pocock, and all his family is there...

No big deal, we have cover, not as good as THE MAN. but if he goes, DONT FUK (sorry for the language) US AROUND LIKE JUDAS DID...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Pocock has the character to handle responsibility, and the integrity of one far older than his years. Not since John Eales have we seen such a quality leader. He would not shun adversity, or the added responsibility of leadership.

vCash
    I think this is a threat to the board - give me the coach I want or I'm gone.

vCash
    Too be totally honest, none of the Australian franchises are playing rugby at a level to win the Super 15.

The Reds had a good run last year, but have dropped off this year, the Waratahs have Never won the Super comp in all the years that they have been there.

The Brumbies had a good run a few years back but have not threatened since then.

The Wallabies do not win that often either, so he would have to move to NZ or SA to become a regular winner, which will not happen.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Personally it would have been nice to secure him now. Recruiting for next season would be much more confident knowing they could use Poey as a selling point to join the team. Im hoping he has only put discussion on hold to avoid the JOC circus of last season.

vCash
    Can we please change the headline of this thread its giving me heart failure each time I go to the Home page

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    If rumour monger with his considerable business acumen decided to throw Pocock's charity a lazy
    $100k(tax deductible of course),I'm sure Poey will stay,& RM will be a hero

win,win,I say

vCash
    Pocock is just waiting until they announce a coach. No problem there

He married a sand groper

The lad must now listen to "her who must be obeyed"

Pocock has absolutely no say in it

He will stay

Dead set

Kangaroo Court is in session..........all rise

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks for that!.....????

Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    Star Wallabies flanker David Pocock will put his Super Rugby contract talks on the backburner as he attempts to settle the ship at the Western Force.

The Force were left reeling last week when coach Richard Graham announced he would be jumping ship to link up with Queensland Reds next season.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/su...-1226340965447

In my opinion Just listening to his comments here are some points I reckon he's packed his bags for QLD.

"its been a tough few weeks for me and the club" --- Looking back on it also, Reid / RG / Hardy ?? / Pocock knew about this move of RGs 3 weeks ago.

"extra responsibility handed to Pocock, and this is the main reason for me to hold back talks till everything is sorted." -- I'm not 100% certain if he wants this, he's a young Kid still interested in winning and wearing the #7 for the wallabies, with this responsbility is he enjoying it ??

"Serving the team in the captaincy thus far and i'll continue to do so till the end of the season" --- not too much eye contact and a little 'stutter when talking about this.

Not sure how much credibility Justin Chadwick has...

I understand he wants to play winning rugby, will he have this if he goes to the REDS, he has RG there waiting for him, but there is also the friendship RG has with Pocock, and all his family is there...

No big deal, we have cover, not as good as THE MAN. but if he goes, DONT FUK (sorry for the language) US AROUND LIKE JUDAS DID...

Just happy to be here

vCash
    Speculation of whether he will or won't leave is just that - uninformed speculation, with everyone trying to read the tea leaves. Do you really think he's going to make a decision before a new coach is hired?

Further, the Rebels are in worse shape than the Force, even with more money and flexibility for getting players. So if it's a playing/success issue, he's not going there. The Brumbies are going well - for now. Realistically, how long do you think Jake White will be there. He almost didn't last the year after sniffing around the England job.

And as far as having a say in the coach selection, if his character and leadership is what it appears to be, he's likely using his influence and upcoming contract renewal to leverage input into the new coaching hire - but from a "what's best for the team/players" perspective - not from a "what's best for David Pocock" perspective. But, that is just speculation as well.

I don't think he's leaving for all those reasons and because he's married to a Perth girl. Been wrong before, though!

Last edited by Nipper; 27-04-12 at 19:57.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    We are in the post new team lull. In 2007, a year after the Force entered the competition, the Reds came 14th and the Waratahs 13th. No Australian teams in the finals. Things look bad now but all the team will soon have riches of talent. There were 7 or 8 players in last years JWC squad with S15 experience and a handful of others who were contracted but hadn't played. There are almost none this year- a few contracted to EPS squads but who haven't played. There is more new talent coming in than there is going out.

Losing David Pocock won't kill us. Not hiring a coach who is on the money with talent identification and creative recruitment will.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/spo...s-on-contract/

"I think that the Force has a lot of potential and as a club we probably haven't done our fans justice or actually achieved what we would like. There's a lot to do over here."

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Perhaps I'm an optimist, but I am not too worried by that article.

With all the drama and turmoil going on it makes sense to deal with current issuses first...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    Perhaps I'm an optimist, but I am not too worried by that article.

With all the drama and turmoil going on it makes sense to deal with current issuses first...
    I agree. Personally, I don't think he's going anywhere just yet. The world is his oyster at the Force at the moment. That won't be the same elsewhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    We are in the post new team lull. In 2007, a year after the Force entered the competition, the Reds came 14th and the Waratahs 13th. No Australian teams in the finals. Things look bad now but all the team will soon have riches of talent. There were 7 or 8 players in last years JWC squad with S15 experience and a handful of others who were contracted but hadn't played. There are almost none this year- a few contracted to EPS squads but who haven't played. There is more new talent coming in than there is going out.

Losing David Pocock won't kill us. Not hiring a coach who is on the money with talent identification and creative recruitment will.
    New teams only go into a lull because they didn't plan to be successful

I use Melbourne storm as an example of what can be achieved.......even when they lost half their team

Admittedly, they may have breached the salary cap but the only teams not doing it are the ones who haven't been caught. Even cellar dwellers parramatta are in breach of salary cap

.........er...............I've heard

Kangaroo Court is in session..........all rise

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast